Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to make fresh fish from caught fish?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to make fresh fish from caught fish?

I'm working on my baking and fishing skills, and reached the point where I need to make fish cakes. I have been fishing in Cabilis, but apparently you must have "fresh fish" to go with a jug of sauces to make them. How do i convert my caught fish into fresh fish?

Thanks,
    Mike

Caught fish (unless its a zone-specific fish) ARE Fresh Fish!

Comment

It must be that all the fish are zone specific then, because when i attempt to combine them in an oven, it gives me an error message. I wonder where else I can obtain fresh fish?

Comment

Fish Cakes?

I'm not familiar with that recipie. Could someone tell me where to find it?

Comment

I'm not sure what the issue is... you need to be more specific.

Fetid bass are NOT fresh fish (and are not usable for baking). You will catch fish that are called Fresh Fish and those (and others, depending on zone) are usable for baking.

What fish specifically are you trying with?

Comment

Sounds like the recipe for fish fillets. According to the recipe section, the following fish will work with this recipe:

Fish fillet: fish, jug of sauces
            Carp fillet: Boar carp, jug of sauce
            Chub fillet: Despair Chub, jug of sauce
            Chub fillet: Rujarkian chub, jug of sauce
            Pike fillet: Highland pike, jug of sauce
            Pike fillet: Hound pike, jug of sauce
            Salmon fillet: Greengill salmon, jug of sauce
            Salmon fillet: Thunder salmon, jug of sauce
            Trout fillet: Bloodfin trout, jug of sauce
            Trout fillet: Cauldron trout, jug of sauce
            Trout fillet: Fogwater trout, jug of sauce

Basically you need to go fish in one of the zones where the above fish are caught
            Tailoring - 250 (Zillia 225)
            Brewing - 250 (Zillia 250)
            Baking - 250 (Zillia 250)
            Blacksmithing - 218 (Zillia 225)
            Fishing - 200
            Fletching - 200 (Zillia 235)
            Pottery - 198 (Zillia 227)
            Jewelcraft - 195 (Zillia 250)
            Thread-killing - 250

Comment

Originally posted by Faymar
              I'm not sure what the issue is... you need to be more specific.

Fetid bass are NOT fresh fish (and are not usable for baking). You will catch fish that are called Fresh Fish and those (and others, depending on zone) are usable for baking.

What fish specifically are you trying with?
              That must be the problem. Everything I have caught so far has been a Fetid Bass. I wonder if that is all that is available or if I just haven't caught any Fresh Fish yet. I have only tried to Bake with Fetid Bass, I believe.

Thanks

Comment

Not sure about the recipe that you are making, but Fresh Fish can be caught anywhere there is water (to my knowledge). They can also be bought in EFP at the docks and PoK near the Barbarian (what else?) fishermen.

Phabos
                Drunken Paladin of Bell
                Tarew Marr

Comment

Also available in Neriak Commons for us evils . . .

Kramadon SoulStealer
                  Cleric of Innoruuk
                  Karana Server

Comment

Iksars are kinda hoses when it comes to baking - they don't have any access to fresh fish - someone was ranting on this one a year or two aggo.

You'll have to either get faction with someone who sells fresh fish (try the fishing vendors in PoK) or fish in a zone that drops normal fresh fish intead of off the wall named fish.
                    Cigarskunk!
                    No more EQ for me till they fix the crash bug.

Comment

Are you in a guild?

If you are and you don't have PoP, then try asking someone to bring you some Fresh Fish.

If you have Luclin, then I'd suggest getting a filleting knife (and a spit, if you don't already have one) and parking yourself in front of the meat vendor in Shadow Haven to work on your Baking skills as an alternative to cooking with fish (since the fish should already be edible when you catch them). Besides, you'll have to do this later, anyway, since you'll need Bear and Lion fillets (and Mammoth and Wolf, too) when you get to the point that you can start making Halas 10lb Meat Pies.

And you can fish in Shadow Haven, too. (Just don't go into the water. Its a pain to get out of)

Comment

I'm actually thinking of tricking a guildie to get their baking up by filleting (that is horribly spelled wrong) bear/lion in equal amounts until they trivial...

Then he can cream them, and give whatever survives to me.

As for fresh fish, my favorite spot is Jaggedpine, there you can get fresh fish and bat wings on 2 vendors very near eachother. (I use the gnoll ones, which aren't KOS to me as an erudite, neither are the townsfolk).
                        Newb Tradeskiller Extraordinairé.

Baron Sorcerer of 62 levels and 2555 quads. Proud owner of the Sixth Shawl . Retired

Comment

Iksar do have access to Fresh Fish. If you head out to the Field of Bone and trundle along past Kurn's Tower you will reach a little beach where you are pretty safe to sit down and fish away your hours. There is a ghost that meanders by, but I don't remember being attacked by it.

If you like a little more spice in your fishing, run out to the water in the Lake of Ill Omen.

Comment

Re: How to make fresh fish from caught fish?

Originally posted by M_Minnick
                            I'm working on my baking and fishing skills, and reached the point where I need to make fish cakes. I have been fishing in Cabilis, but apparently you must have "fresh fish" to go with a jug of sauces to make them. How do i convert my caught fish into fresh fish?

Thanks,
                            Mike
                            Well first off, fresh fish are only caught, no way ot convert anything into fresh fish. If what you catch isn't a fresh fish, it never will be.

Also assume since you mentioned jugs of sauces you meant fish fillets rather than fish cakes. Fish cakes can't be made; they are only vendor sold.

Anyway, the best place to catch fresh fish is in a zone that has no zone specific fish. Then anything you catch that isn't fish scales, a tattered sandal, or a rusty dagger, will be fresh fish.

Since you mentioned you fish in Cabilis, I assume you're an iksar, hehe. Back before I could leave Kunark easily (and Luclin an PoP didn't yet exist) I fished on the beach in the northern part of Field of Bone for my fresh fish. Once you get there no mobs will bother you in the area. I got all the way to 135 baking this way (first on fish fillets, than on fish rolls. One merchant in each of the zones surrounding Cabilis sells bat wings.)

Don't fish in Cabilis unless you're after the elusive sewer catfish, hehe. While you can catch fresh fish, you'll be mostly catching various sizes of fetid bass. I recommend Field of Bone. Or if you have PoP, fish in the pool in PoK, can get fresh fish consitently that way too (and are conveniently next to a bait and fishing pole salesman, hehe, if you run out of bait or your pole breaks, you don't have to go anywhere to replace it, assuming you have a bit of cash on you).
                            Zararazu Twoflower, 66 iksar monk, Solusek Ro

Grandmaster Linguist (100 in all 25 languages), Grandmaster Brewer (250+trophy), Grandmaster Fisherman (200), Master Baker (200), Master Fletcher (200), Master Potter (200), Master Jeweller (200), Master Smith (200), Master Tailor (187).

Comment

Originally posted by Cigarskunk
                              Iksars are kinda hoses when it comes to baking - they don't have any access to fresh fish - someone was ranting on this one a year or two aggo.

You'll have to either get faction with someone who sells fresh fish (try the fishing vendors in PoK) or fish in a zone that drops normal fresh fish intead of off the wall named fish.
                              Er, wrong. Field of Bone is a great place to catch fresh fish, I fished there all the time before I could easily leave Kunark. And it's only a short walk from Cabilis.

No vendor has fresh fish in their permanent inventory (though merchants by bodies of water often have some for sale that were sold to them by players). Also it is not necesasary to gain faction with POK merchants because everyone starts indifferent to them regardless of race, class, or religion.
                              Zararazu Twoflower, 66 iksar monk, Solusek Ro

Grandmaster Linguist (100 in all 25 languages), Grandmaster Brewer (250+trophy), Grandmaster Fisherman (200), Master Baker (200), Master Fletcher (200), Master Potter (200), Master Jeweller (200), Master Smith (200), Master Tailor (187).

Comment

Working...
                              X