Twilight Sea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Twilight Sea

I don't know anything about the zone other than where to run to get to Katta. I hear that Swirling Mists drop there. Anyone know where I can go to find more info? I'm looking for information like:

Are the air elementals the only thing that drops them. (Or, are these even the mobs that drop them?)

I know that when i zone in, all the elementals are indiff. to me. Are they social? Can I stand and fight without much problem or do I have to pull them somewhere so I don't get adds?

Are they on any kind of faction?

Any info and/or links to info is appreciated. I don't care about the drop rates, i'm sure its much better than the ones in Steamfont.

Morgani
    55 *coughdruidcough*
    Nameless
    Do not start with me. You will not win. For I am a tree hugging dirt worshipper.

Well, I searched the bestiary (Which is going UNGODLY slow, for some reason), and pulled this up for you.

http://eqbeastiary.allakhazam.com/search.shtml?id=7221

It looks as though they all have individual factions. Which might indicate they are social. Fire helps Fire, Water helps Water.

But thats just a guess.

-Lilosh
    Venerable Noishpa Taltos , Planar Druid, Educated Halfling, and GM Baker.
    President and Founder of the Loudmouthed Sarcastic Halflings Society
    Also, Smalltim

So take the fact of having a dirty mind as proof that you are world-savvy; it's not a flaw, it's an asset, if nothing else, it's a defense - Sanna

Comment

I have extensively farmed the Twilight Elementals here's what I know:

- Killing elementals of any type lowers factions with all elementals (with the biggest hit to the element of the type you killed) but raises faction with the folks in the castle. The hits are fairly minor, it took about 25-30kills to drop to the next lowest faction. However, the various named elementals are a BIG faction hit and killing the "king" Elemental of that type (Hydro, Terra, Aero, Inferno) will drop you to KOS. As far as I know there is no way to raise this faction once you have trashed it.

- The elementals are not social if you are not KOS. I've killed elementals of the same type standing right next to each other with no adds.

- If you do manage to get KOS it can be a pain, these things aggro even when green. Gotta love being swarmed when zoning in Good thing is none of them see thru invis. If you hate green swarms you can pull them to the side of the castle on the island w/o adds.

- Tradeskill Drops by Type (in my experience at least):
      Air: Essence of Wind
      Earth: Drops of Mercury, Windstones, Russet Oxide
      Fire: Iron & Russet Oxide, Lava Rocks
      Water: Swirling Mist

- All of the elementals drop random low-mid lvl research items, Spiny weapons (total crap not even worh the time to lug to the merchants to sell) and rarely misc gems (Crysotherum(sp) Pearls, Emeralds etc.)

- All the elementals are Green to my 51 Necro and with his pet he can clear the entire island in about 15 min. A 55 druid should have a cakewalk.

One last thing, always check the merchant in the castle on Elemental Island and in the docks across from Katta entrance. You can usually find some of the tradeskill drops on those merchants.
      -= Gymp =-
      57 Cleric
      Umble Servant of Brell

Comment

Someone said, IIRC, that one kill of an air elemental took him to Dubious with Air Elementals.

But that was on Alla, so he could be a filthy stinking liar.

-Lilosh
        Venerable Noishpa Taltos , Planar Druid, Educated Halfling, and GM Baker.
        President and Founder of the Loudmouthed Sarcastic Halflings Society
        Also, Smalltim

So take the fact of having a dirty mind as proof that you are world-savvy; it's not a flaw, it's an asset, if nothing else, it's a defense - Sanna

Comment

Someone said, IIRC, that one kill of an air elemental took him to Dubious with Air Elementals.
          I think some race/religion combos might influence Elemental faction. As a Brell worshiping Cleric I was Amiable to the Earth Elementals but indifferent to the other types when I started hunting. As of Sat, I was dubious to Earth, Air, and Water but KOS to Fire.

My Bert worshipping Necro was indifferent to all when he started and he went KOS noticeably quicker but I chalked it up to killing quite a few named Elementals (Swift, Hulking, Berserk.) I did note that the Necro went from Apprehensive to Scowling for Air when he killed Aero.
          -= Gymp =-
          57 Cleric
          Umble Servant of Brell

Comment

Just a suggestion, charmed twilight sea turtles make great pets if you're looking to clear the elemental island. Some are still light blue at 58, and should be dire charmable for those that have DC. You can also gather the elementals up in one big train and PBAOE them with upheaval and toss in an earthquake after if any survive. But elementals love to interrupt casting, especially air elementals with their proc. So I prefer to grab a turtle, savage and DS it, then just aggro elementals onto me so he auto attacks and makes short work of them.

Comment

Thank you for the help. I will actually have a 60 enchanter with me. I can 2-box or have my boyfriend play and he usually goes with me when I farm stuff because we use his pet as our tank.

Do they run when low on health? My chanter is a dark elf and doesn't care about being kos as he kos most places anyway. If they don't run then I wouldn't have to take faction hits. I probably will just for the sake of killing faster, but it was a thought that came to me.

Another question: Will taking faction hits with the elementals on the island lower my faction with elementals through out the game? This really isn't a big deal as most elementals are kos to me anyway, but I was just curious.

And yet another question: Are the named elementals nasty? I didn't even know that the island had any named but if they are going to eat through an enchanter pet then i may think twice about trying to engage one.

I'm really not looking forward to being bombarded when I port in, but i'm going to have to live with it. My high elf cleric is going to work on pre-BD cultural and acrylia as much as possible; I don't understand the dynamics of the Hollowshade war and there for have no hope of trying to control it.

Thanks again, I appreciate the responses.
              Morgani Windlance
              55 preserver of the Nameless
              Do not start with me. You will not win. For I am a tree hugging dirt worshipper.

Comment

<<
                Another question: Will taking faction hits with the elementals on the island lower my faction with elementals through out the game? This really isn't a big deal as most elementals are kos to me anyway, but I was just curious.
                >>

The elementals on the island seem to have thier own faction (named after the respective boss of that type)

>>
                And yet another question: Are the named elementals nasty? I didn't even know that the island had any named but if they are going to eat through an enchanter pet then i may think twice about trying to engage one.
                <<

The "named" mobs (Swift, Hulking, etc) are a little tougher than the normal elementals, but not really noticeably. All ive noticed is after I ae a batch of them, if there was a named in the pack, they are still alive.

Ive never seen the Bosses spawn ever. They are super rare, or on some timer. So cant help ya there.
                Axemaster - Cleric 70
                Lilaxe - Warrior 70
                Baz Mule

Comment

Yes, all the elementals flee when low on health, and something else I didn't see mentioned is that the named elementals are all immune to runspeed changes.

Comment

If you went to KOS in one killing, it was probably a named. You can kill the ordinary ones practically forever without going KOS, but the named give huge faction hits.
                    Bittleaye Arkades
                    Halfling Druid of Xev
                    Sans Requiem

Tailoring 252 - Smithing 222 - Fishing 200 - Brewing 200 - Pottery 199 - Baking 197 - Fletching 142

Comment

The named elementals (Aero, etc.) are significantly bigger than the other elems, but not bad. I found one to be a pushover long ago with my then 49 pally. If you're going on a farming expedition I doubt they'll be trouble. Mostly because they're rare like you wouldn't believe . But still, shouldn't be an issue for you at 50+ if you do see one.

I can also confirm:
                      1) one "boss" kill = KOS to that element
                      2) can have good faction standing with some, bad with others
                      3) mobs are not social
                      4) mobs all run when hurt
                      5) factions are separate from all other elementals

I heard a rumor that you can kill the NPCs in the tower there (Vornol Transon faction, or something like that) to improve your faction with the elems. I haven't confirmed that though - I'd rather be ally to the big guys than a swarm of level 30 elementals.

It's by far the best place I've found to farm swirling mist and iron oxide.

Comment

One last thing...

If you're farming Air Elementals and don't have the luxury of See Invis all the time... it's actually pretty nice to be KoS to them.

I used to run my Paladin around the island and the Air Elementals would break invis to attack her. Of course, that was before I got my range item that gives me See Invis.
                        Angelsyn Whitewings, Cleric of Tunare for 66! Seasons.
                        Grandmistress Smith - 300, Grandmistress Tailor - 300, Potter - 300, Jeweler - 300, Brewer - 200, Baker - 200, Fletcher - 200, Fisherwoman - 169
                        Keyne Falconer, Paladin of Erollisi Marr for 66 Seasons.
                        Grandmistress Baker - 300, Grandmistress Blacksmith - 300, Potter - 200, Brewer - 139, Tailor - 91

Comment

All the named mobs, the boss mobs and all the "hulking" "swift" and the like are immune to run speed changes. As a druid who has farmed the island, the turtles are the way to go. Charm one of these and they can take out elementals with no problem. Fire elemental damage sheilds will eat away their health faster than anything, but they regen pretty quick and at 58 you can ch them anyway. Earth elementals also do drop iron oxide but it's rare.

Comment

Originally posted by Gymp
                            If you do manage to get KOS it can be a pain, these things aggro even when green.
                            They will agro even at 65...Make for easy AEing
                            Moonlilly

Comment

I would pay good money just to get a hit on each of the 4 main nameds so I could be KoS to all of them. Would help soooo much. Right now only KoS due to Hydro and that helps, but I don't want the waters as much..;-)

Gryfalia

PS - and 'rare' is an understatement. I have cleared the island dozens of times and have seen one of them.

Comment

Working...
                              X