Am I bugged?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Am I bugged?

I see all these posts how agerage combine between skill up is in the 20's. But, in my case, I'm averaging a staggering 85 combines between skill up.

My INT is 274, my current skill is 194, and have not had a skill up for 120 combines now (Hero Brew.)

Does anyone have similar statistics with brewing? or is it just me?

I petitioned about maybe being bugged after over 250 combines to get ONE skill up, was told it was just the RNG....

you MAY be bugged, but you could just have incredibly bad luck....

Tanaysa Spiritchaser, Soldier of Tunare

Comment

When doing baking the other day did 175 attempts at Halas 10 Pound meat from 192-193, not the easiest of thing on the wrist.

Tanik
      Tanik
      65 Beastlord

Silent Sanctuary
      Rodcet Nife

Comment

I hate to say it, but it’s not uncommon. I hit a wall like that from 191 to 192. Then everything was back to average until 248. Now I’ve hit another wall and I’m still fighting tooth and nail to climb over it. They’re frustrating, especially for those doing expensive combines, but you’ll eventually get past it.
        Pait Spiritwalker
        63rd Season Vah Shir Shaman
        The Seventh Hammer

Comment

One of the hardest "streaks" for *any* skill is in the 180s to 201-ish, and then the learning curve loosens up a little.

You've unfortunately "just" got a run of bad luck, but you're likely to find that it will continue to be frustrating until you're past the 200-mark (and then, yes, the last couple of points to 250 seem to drive most folks berk as well).

Comment

I'm averaging a staggering 85 combines between skill up.
            The problem is very often 2 really bad skill-ups being averaged in a case like this.

Say you did this: 1-120 3 combines a skill-up, 120-180, 10 combines a skill-up...

Then suddenly at 190-192 you spend 170 combines, and average 85 points a skill-up.

I'm not saying you're not averaging 85 points a skill-up (at least not very loudly), all I am saying is your post only had 1 specific 120 without skill-up, and 1 bad skill up does not an average make.

Could you possibly be more specific? Do you have any data written down showing 1700 combines from 174-194?

At the point where you spent 1700 combines for 20 points sub 200, you will have my ear on a bad skill-up rate.
            Newb Tradeskiller Extraordinairé.

Baron Sorcerer of 62 levels and 2555 quads. Proud owner of the Sixth Shawl . Retired

Comment

I am currently making Hero's Brew also. I came here originaly thinking I was bugged too.

(188) Brewing...

160 Combines with only (1) skill increase on my final attempt of the night...

now (189) Brewing...

This was on my Druid with 255 in Wisdom and 121 Intelligence unbuffed. Kei had faded around the 100 combine mark and I was lazy in getting another one. hehe
              Timmayh Freakzilla - 62 Ogre Warrior
              Acinonyx Grenediva - 59 Woodelf Druid

Riffraff
              Torvonillous Server

Comment

Well, I’m happy to report that after 180 combines I finally got a skill up from 248 to 249 on Kaladim Constitutionals last night. I’m crossing my fingers and hoping my last skill point will come a little more quickly. But slowly or quickly the points will come. Just pace yourself and if you start getting frustrated take a deep breath and try doing something else for a day or two. It may not make a difference in your total number of combine to reach your goal, but it will do wonders for your sanity. :P
                Pait Spiritwalker
                The Seventh Hammer

Comment

Yes, please stay calm when doing tradeskills. One little 23 druid in my guild became absolutely obsessed with the idea of making 'a killing' on handmade backpacks after a shaman alt (also in guild) said that he had done the same. She spent all her plat plus the hundred gifted from me on pelts and ore to make studs (by hand), and frankly I don't think she slept all weekend, getting her tailoring to 60 to have a decent chance at the successes.

I, too, noticed the brick wall my baking had hit, right about the time I hit 176. in the time it took me to get from 100 to 176, i have gotten from 176 to 189. My solution? Don't stress about it. I have enough success at Halas 10 to fund both my spells, my roomie's high level cleric spells, and more Halas 10 (ok, small hyperbole, forgive me, I owe my roomie 6k anyway). I am now low 30s and can go to Jaggypine to smack up some basilisks to get eggs and make pinemyer pasta to keep myself and griffon/anaconda meat donaters full.

My roomie, on the other hand, is also getting her baking to 250, but she goes about it stressing about the points. "My gosh, I have two stacks of pasta already and haven't budged a point!" Get used to it, hon, your skill is 178.

Regarding the Mino Hero....
                  Get a sack full of the ingredients to combine. Do just that one sack. Deal with your successes as you see fit (I like to sit in GFay and give the noobs 5 of them, and tell them to drink in quick succession, and watch them fall off the platforms... ok, I only did THAT to one annoying noob; most I just give two or three to.). Go do something fun. Go xp with a friend, go train a new language, do something other than brewing for a bit. Then come back, but only do one more sacks worth.

When tradeskills cease being fun, they cease being worth it. Above all else, don't get to where you can't smile.
                  Mistress Tinkbang Tankboom - Ak'Anon, Tarew Marr
                  Gneehugging Chantaranga of the 66th Mez Break - AA:59
                  Assisted by Nakigoe Sennamida, Druidess of 65 Foraged Steamfont Springwaters - AA:8
                  Quartic, Darkie Wizzy of 52 Self-Snares - Best Crit: 1680.
                  [BK-210 // BR-250 // BS-203 // FL-200 // JC-240 // PT-200 // TL-200 ]---[ TK-179 // RS-182 // FS-165 ]-- Points: 1503/1750 -- Shawl: EIGHT and wearing it ^_^.
                  Icon by Kenshingentatsu

Comment

Re: Am I bugged?

Originally posted by Celestieal Tunemaker
                    I see all these posts how agerage combine between skill up is in the 20's. But, in my case, I'm averaging a staggering 85 combines between skill up.

My INT is 274, my current skill is 194, and have not had a skill up for 120 combines now (Hero Brew.)

Does anyone have similar statistics with brewing? or is it just me?
                    Welcome to the hell levels - I averaged about 100 combines per skill up from 188-210 with baking, fletching and JC - this usually clears up by the 200 teens at the latest and you'll get quite a few levels were you're banging out a skill up every few combines to average you out.
                    Cigarskunk!
                    No more EQ for me till they fix the crash bug.

Comment

Me again,

I was glad to read that I wasn't the only one having the same troubles. So I pounded in a few hours of combines last night and my Brewing is now 225. YAY! A few more hours of speed brewing (thats what I call it), and hopefully I can trivial out MHB's tonight.

Thanks all for the info and support.

Timm
                      Timmayh Freakzilla - 62 Ogre Warrior
                      Acinonyx Grenediva - 59 Woodelf Druid

Riffraff
                      Torvonillous Server

Comment

Here’s my last brewing update. After taking 180 combines to go from 248 to 249, it took me only 9 combines to go from 249 to 250 last night. I guess that’s why it’s called a random number generator.

Now its on to some more smithing and then some pottery and of course I need to do some more baking and I can’t forget about tailoring and…
                        Pait Spiritwalker
                        The Seventh Hammer

Comment

Working...
                        X