New to the board and Returning to EQ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to the board and Returning to EQ

I never thought I would ever consider going back to EQ but here I am over a year later wondering if I should. My account is still active, but all my chars, even my lvl 51 Nec, have meager gear(highest level char has the robe you get from killing Najena) lol. None of my chars have any plat to be able to purchase gear. Any suggestions as far as making some quick plat? I am even worried I couldnt handle the HGs in RM, my INT is low as I am an Iksar. I know at my level my pet should be able to kill them, I dont have the 49 pet though.

On another note, the last expansion I played was Velious, so I am curious of the other realms and my intentions of returning look brighter every time I look up info. If I purchase the next 3 expansions will I have an easier time rezzing Meb?

Thanks so much in advance
    Mebaslea Erabus

Welcome Back

Having done the same thing recently, I have a few bits of advise for ya...

You need PoP for travel. I am still level 43, so I dont use any more than that... but instant travel makes it much easier to go try different zones looking for what will work best for you.

Luclin is nice for the Bazaar - which might be a good place to look for nicer gear... I cant hunt in Luclin zones because my computer is as outdated as my character's gear and the lag is too bad. I think Luclin is the era they introduced the new character models too, which I think are much nicer...

With Ykesha you get added bank space, a better LFG tool and the map system (which is handy)

As for places to make quick pp - there are probably many others out there more able to give you advise on that one... But I'm sticking to old world places mostly so that my gear is not so out of sync with the mobs. There's always the suggestion to farm items needed for tradeskills (leather padding, essences, etc) and sell them in the bazaar for pp too.
    Journey(wo)man Artisan Kentarre 56 Wood Elven Ranger
    Journey(wo)man Tinkerer Nurkina 30 Gnomish Wizard
    <Eternal Journey>

Comment

As a necromancer, you might have decent luck hunting Specs in Oasis.

Most specs will drop a scythe worth somewhere between 2-11 plat, along with with decent coin, and some gems.

The plat drops aren't as nice as Hill giants, and it's only a 6 spawn. But if your gear is sub par, you might have decent luck. They start going light blue at 46.

My druid quadded them from 42-46. With better undead spells, you shouldnt have a problem.

Just don't let them hit you. :-)

-Lilosh
      Venerable Noishpa Taltos , Planar Druid, Educated Halfling, and GM Baker.
      President and Founder of the Loudmouthed Sarcastic Halflings Society
      Also, Smalltim

So take the fact of having a dirty mind as proof that you are world-savvy; it's not a flaw, it's an asset, if nothing else, it's a defense - Sanna

Comment

A 51 necromancer unable to kill a HG is just plain misconception...

I don't care what level your pet is, you can land every spell at that level, dot, fear, snare, sick the little pet on it. HG will go down, and go down fast.

At 49 My wizard could kill them in 2 nukes, and a quick little finishing nuke.

Heck with C3 at level 34 I could take a HG with my wizard, and I have seen Necro's that small doing it much much better.

Int/Equip probably mattered at 34, but at 51 you can do it naked, literally.
        Newb Tradeskiller Extraordinairé.

Baron Sorcerer of 62 levels and 2555 quads. Proud owner of the Sixth Shawl . Retired

Comment

Working...
        X