Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My tinkerer makes the bowls all the time, and are usually the first to go off my trader. The M&P is trivial now, but I still make them as they sell nicely. I was amazed that in the span of 5 minutes, the time it took me to restock my trader with the 7 kits she sells, and setting up trader and announcing that a voluptuous redhead was selling Tinker Toys, I sold all 7 kits. One person bought 3..mixing bowl, spit, and sewing kit. The others sold shortly after that.

So, yea, while the bowls seem worthless, if they make the money, continue to make them.
    Lenore Bravehard
    Storm Warden of Karana
    Innoruuk(Nameless) Server

Comment

The fact that the Bowls (and Mortar & Pestles) take so many combines is exactly why they sell so well. I've noticed that many of my fellow tinkerers in the Bazaar don't bother to make these items probably due to the tedium in flattening those metal sheets. As the previous poster noted, these items sell out very fast. Generally, I make 1 of each, put them in my store, go play for a bit, come back and make 2 more. Some nights it seems as if the speed at which I sell them is limited solely by the speed at which I make them. The occasional skillup from them doesn't hurt either.

Calbasil Psyrex
      Beguiler of Brell and 195 Tinkerer
      Terris-Thule

Comment

My young gnome used powered gloves to go from 108 to 122:

powered gloves -

steel lined gloves, sprocket, gears, metal twine, firewater

They cost about 45 plats to make, but all the ingredients are vendor-sold and the gloves sell back to NPC vendors for about 38 plats.

(Could someone explain why they can only be worn by large races and gnomes? Do gnomes have unusually large hands? )

Scapa Orkney, 64th level Wood Elf Druid of Tunare
        Master Potter, Journeyman Artisan
        Cnoc Sixovus, 56th level Halfling Cleric of Bristlebane
        Master Baker, Journeyman Brewer
        Jura Sixovus, 40th level Gnome Enchanter
        Master Jeweler, Expert Tinker (284)
        Bertoxxulous - Tholuxe Paells
        BrindleWood

Comment

Ditto on the gloves. It's a reasonable and fast way to get to 122 if you have a little cash, and the sell-back price is decent. I did those just last night.

Comment

Updated the sticky, added gloves (not sure how I missed them to begin with) and added some notes. Going to keep this updated a bit more now that I'm back playing again

Exarch Laearya Lifeblood
            65th Tunarean Archon of Sol Invictus

Bhadgar - Level 46 Rallos Zek Warrior
            Trinkets
            20th Gnomish Enchanter
            ~ Premiere Grandmaster Tinkerer ~ <250>
            The Tribunal

Comment

I just wanted to say thank you for keeping this thread updated. I’m practicing too many trade skills on far too many characters to be able to invest very much into any one skill. So guides like this are extremely helpful. I know doing trade skills this way is not very efficient, but it just seems to work out this way.

My tinker stopped working on his skill at 102 a couple of months ago. When my shaman was leveling he saved up the mineral blocks he looted and passed them on. I’ve gone through two packs full, wish the darn things stacked, and I’ve gotten a couple of skill ups. As low on money as I am, as I always seem to be, I think I’ll stick with geerloks, as they seem to be the cheapest rout to take. Since my mineral blocks won’t last very long, I think I’ll try searching vendors for other components for the various geerloks. Am I correct in thinking this is the best rout for the financially challenged tinker?
              Pait Spiritwalker
              63rd Season Vah Shir Shaman
              The Seventh Hammer

Comment

If you're financially challenged, the Brewing Geerlok is definately the best route to go. Save up a few packs full at a time and do a run of 20-40 at a time

Exarch Laearya Lifeblood
                65th Tunarean Archon of Sol Invictus

Bhadgar - Level 46 Rallos Zek Warrior
                Trinkets
                20th Gnomish Enchanter
                ~ Premiere Grandmaster Tinkerer ~ <250>
                The Tribunal

Comment

My 24th level gnome enchanter just went from 122 to 129 with the Geerlok brewing device. Love the extra bank space with LoY!

He's very excited about his plan to use a PoK book portal to reach the Tox Forest and run through the Warrens and the Stonebrunt Mountains to check out the new Geerlok ingredients available in the Gulf of Gunthak.

One of the items he tinkers for attempting skill-ups (when he can find a knuckle joint on a vendor) is:

Crab Cracker = knuckle joint + firewater + 2 metal rods in toolbox, trivial >250

Scapa Orkney, 64th level Wood Elf Druid of Tunare
                  Master Potter, Journeyman Artisan
                  Cnoc Sixovus, 56th level Halfling Cleric of Bristlebane
                  Master Baker, Journeyman Brewer
                  Jura Sixovus, 40th level Gnome Enchanter
                  Master Jeweler, Expert Tinker (284)
                  Bertoxxulous - Tholuxe Paells
                  BrindleWood

Comment

Costs

When I was making my way through the collapsibles, I kept track of the prices, added them all together, rounded up to the nearest Plat. As far as skipping the bowls, there's another reason for that.

Spit - 6p
                    JC Kit - 6p
                    Sewing Kit - 4p
                    Tacklebox - 4p
                    Toolkit - 7p
                    Fletching Kit - 14p
                    Mixing Bowls - 22p
                    Mortar & Pestle - 23p

So I wouldn't recommend the Fletching kits, bowls, or mortar & pestle for skill. Btw...I carry one of each of these containers around at all times, absolute best thing for someone who's got multiple high skills and doesn't have room for the 8 bags I used to always spend the plat or so on a container, then destroy/sell it, or try and dig my deluxe sewing kit/toolbox out of the bank (impossible task, with inventory AND bank full of junk). Erm, sorry, I'm tangenting, aren't I?
                    Visionary Beldhyr Jogues, Sigil of Mindspark, Consul. Entrancer of Brell Serilis, Nameless (Innoruuk) Server
                    Master Artisan, Researcher, & Tinker.

Comment

Made it to 182 =0

Finally made it up there been doing various collapsable and special order stuff for friends and guildmates. Seems like with the new Armor that the Clockwork stuff gives good skill ups past 170 or so just the basic right click stuff not the high end.

Thanks everyone for all the help with this.
                      Mystkyller Wyndryder
                      63 Outrider of Karana
                      Bertox Server

139 Fishing ; 175 Baking ; 115 Tailoring ;
                      128 Smithing ; 202 Fletching ; 168 Brewing ;
                      21 Jewelercraft ; 192 Pottery

Comment

how many money did u spend to reach 250 ?
                        I heard 700 kpp ? It s more expensive than alchimy ?

Comment

Cost for Tinkering

Well i'm at about 15-20kpp if not a bit more for actually skill up combines/time at 183 so if the progression contiues for me like it has then i'd say top would be 150k unless it slow's WAY down after 200 skill.
                          Mystkyller Wyndryder
                          63 Outrider of Karana
                          Bertox Server

139 Fishing ; 175 Baking ; 115 Tailoring ;
                          128 Smithing ; 202 Fletching ; 168 Brewing ;
                          21 Jewelercraft ; 192 Pottery

Comment

I went from like 110 to 215 making the Geerlok Fermentation Devices. I spent hour after hour farming those blocks in Netherbain Lair. It took my like 200 combines to break 202 and then about 10 - 15 combines per point thereafter.

From 215 to 221 I've been making the Collapsed Spits.

I ran out of Coiled Springs the other day, so got alittle crazy and attempted to make my GM Spanner... 1st try, success!

If you plan on working on Tinkering, go buy some INT or WIS gear. Get it as high as possible. I was around 220 before trophy. It cost me about 3k for the trophy parts.

But it has only cost about 2 - 3k to get to 221 in tinkering. I can make that coin back in 1 week selling rebreathers in the bazaar. Also, spyglasses and stalking probes sell well.

Comment

242-250
                              Molten Metal Cams - Cost will be about 80p per combine if you can manage to find the molten ore on an NPC vendor and get somoene to forage the clockwork grease for you.

With INT 255 and no geerlok *had 2 failures during this run)
                              4 combines to 243
                              6 combines to 244
                              1 combines to 245
                              7 combines to 246
                              9 combines to 247

Since these parts all stack, its been my preferred route over the less expensive Crab Crackers or Woks.

Comment

Im currently at 184 Tinkering.

Trying to fund this sickness has exhasuted my resources, Sure I can sell collapsed items on my trader, some sell good others take days. Rebreathers, NO ONE buys those on Prexus otherwise a geerlok now and then.

So I guess what Im saying is at this point I really have to wait for something to sell to get plat for a new try. And the one thing that is making this very slow is that the collapsed items are lore!

Now I would like to know why the heck Collapsed items are lore??? This makes attempts very slow unless i just destroy them since vendors dont pay jack for them.

So why are these lore??? And why cant there be something to take us to 250 on storebought suppplies

Timper Tantrum - Fallen Alliance

Comment

Working...
                                X