X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

oops, wrong spot

Comment

Sunshard

Or do what i did and goto 300 doing sunshard ore combines (dust/pebble/ore) course depends how much pp you got but its actually not to bad.

Andarriel

Comment

I recently (last couple months) tried the gunthak geerloks. I had a few stacks saved up from long ago, then used them up and tried farming the stuff. Farming the quills and rigging just seemed too slow. Cleared the beach twice and got 3 quills, 0 rigging. Then wait for repop. The drop rate for coiled springs in PoI also seemed much lower than I recalled, though I did get a couple sunshard pebbles from there. I very rarely find quills, rigging or any PoI drops on vendors any more. Molten ore was funner and you can get a little exp at the same time if you are high enough level and have fire flag (light blue at 72, dont know if you can still get exp there at 80). I also got the occasional sunshard ore at the same time. I didn't find foraging the grease to be particularly slow. And grease is also available now occasionally as a drop from the clockworks in the SoF zones. I am going to do the sunshard pebble route until that trivials (243 atm) and then molten ore and sunshard ore. Sacred symbols looks like another way to go if you are high enough level to do the quest (my tinker is only 40).

I also found the sunshard dust a nice way to go at the lower levels, it was pretty cheap in the bazaar. Then the geerlok hammer.

Comment

I'm on the Combine server, so anything past DoDH isn't available to me at this time. I pretty much did random stuff up till I was able to make Geerlok hammers, acrylia ore is very easy to obtain by surfing the baz or even taking a mid 50's toon to AC and farm it. I went to 215 off those then threw in some collapsed items till 240ish.

I had stockpiled Bricks of Molten Ore from PoFire and had several druid friends forage me some Clockwork Grease. I had around 30 stacks of Bricks and around 25 stacks of Jars of clockwork grease, ready to skill up to 300 I thought! WRONG! skillup rate on molten bow cams is very pathetic. I know some people will claim I was bit by the " RNG " bug, but I have a few other tinkers spread across a few different servers and encountered this same problem.

While it's very cheap to make the cams I wouldn't rely on this for a skillup path to 282 unless you have tons of hours to devote to farming bricks/grease or have unlimited platinum and patience to go with them. Personally I have found making cultrual augs to be more effective, I started off doing the low 200's one then started doing sacred ones and am currently sitting at 289 ( 305 ) tinkering with the expert trophy.

Comment

wow, ouch. Hmm well I haven't yet done any skilling up on the elemental cams (getting to 250 with the pebbles first) and I haven't collected nearly that much yet. I will blow through what I have and see how it goes. Got my tinker up to 56 (yay for high level druid friend), trying to get to 60 to get some of the AAs. Maybe I'll end up the symbol route after all. I've been collecting the sunshard ores too.
            Last edited by Altara; 03-31-2008, 09:51 AM.

Comment

Alternate route

To get up in tinkering fast, I did cultural symbols. I didn't want to spend mega amounts of plat, so I stayed in CR pretty much from 1-182. I stopped when I attempted to make a crab cracker and succeeded.

Blessed Symbol pattern//Alkaline loam//Thalium ore = 115
              Revered Symbol pattern//Malleable loam//Fulginate ore = 186

I used the chest patterns once I got high enough.
              Faerune, Naturewalker of Firiona Vie

Comment

Symbols ok - but ugh the tasks

I did that with my tinker too - but completing the tasks to get the symbol books was tedious. I did more with sunshard ore for both my tinkering and research high level combines than I did with symbols.
                Aanuvane Bristlecone - Druid - Povar via Quellious via Rodcet Nife
                AKA Muertenie, Melodee, Orelinde, Nounie, Gnomess, Cininea Ashryn, Mairede or a host of additional alts. Maybe also be found on Rabon, Kynsh or Atracker.

Comment

Working...
                X