Just returning. 350 skill?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just returning. 350 skill?

I just picked up my old toons and started playing again, and I stumbled across mention about the rise to 350 for tradeskills. I kinda got the gist of what was implemented, but is there a place that gives a good overview of what the process is now? I've seen several posts that go into details, but those are confusing without the understanding the big picture. Any direction would be greatly appreciated.

Basically you have to work a ton of AAs to get your tradeskills up to 350 - if you go to your AA window and filter on tradeskill AAs, you can start to see what's there. It used to be that those AAs would just lower your failure rate by 10, 25% or 50% - and levels 1 - 3 still do that, but now, levels 4 - 13 allow you to raise your skill even higher in 5 skill point bits. So, for 20AAs I think, you can buy level 4 in baking and raise your base skill to 305. That opens level 5, which you can buy for 25AAs which allows you to raise your base skill to 310, etc. THE HUGE Difference, is that once you get to 300 - raising your skill from 301 - 350 follows a different paradigm. from 0 - 300 you can make one item over and over and over to raise your skills, from 301 - 350, it is now based on how many different recipes you know. So, for various trades you have to learn so many recipes to raise your skill. I think fishing is just 2 - 3 per skill point, but research is something silly like 53 recipes per skill point.....
    Aanuvane Bristlecone - Druid - Povar via Quellious via Rodcet Nife
    AKA Muertenie, Melodee, Orelinde, Nounie, Gnomess, Cininea Ashryn, Mairede or a host of additional alts. Maybe also be found on Rabon, Kynsh or Atracker.

Comment

http://mboards.eqtraders.com/eq/show...50-skill-level

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/...guides.247782/
      AKA Muertenie, Melodee, Orelinde, Nounie, Gnomess, Cininea Ashryn, Mairede or a host of additional alts. Maybe also be found on Rabon, Kynsh or Atracker.

Comment

First, thanks so much for the links. That is exactly what I was looking for. Second... holy crap. That sounds like a worse torture than getting maxed in all skills prior to this...

Ugh... I predict I'll be torturing myself again...

Comment

Some might say the number of AAs required to even be able to buy up to level 13 on 9 trades (since all classes can now do spell research and Fishing gets the boost) is no big deal, but that was painful for me as someone who doesn't hunt a whole lot - I hadn't even bothered to level up to 105 (at the time)....and then for it to take >3800 AAs plus 5 levels on top of having to learn every recipe out there for most of the tradeskills (and the detailed recipe tracking and all the farming) yes - torture is about the right word for it.
          Last edited by Aanuvane; 04-25-2018, 02:44 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X