Obtaining Credit for Trivial Recipes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Obtaining Credit for Trivial Recipes

Gates of Discord (Abysmal Sea) and Serpent's Spine (Crescent Reach) expansions offered trainers for the various skills. I understand these training recipes count towards the accumulated recipes required for skills above 300. And, I thought that both of them had a bypass word said to receive these recipes when the skills of the player exceeded the training level. I am unable to find the magic word. "Recipes" did not work in Abysmal Sea.

If I am recalling correctly - not all of it works automatically in Abysmal Sea.

I think any recipes associated to the freebies might be given to you, but NOT the collects. For the Collects, you have to turn in enough of each item to "gain their trust" and then you can say recipes to get the recipes from the collect NPCs.

It might be you have to do the collects to get any of the recipes - I did it when it first was made available AND I had already done all the collects except for poison and alchemy.
    Last edited by Aanuvane; 03-17-2018, 04:17 PM.
    Aanuvane Bristlecone - Druid - Povar via Quellious via Rodcet Nife
    AKA Muertenie, Melodee, Orelinde, Nounie, Gnomess, Cininea Ashryn, Mairede or a host of additional alts. Maybe also be found on Rabon, Kynsh or Atracker.

Comment

I think I got recipes without having done a lot of the turn-in types. May not have been at the right NPC. I think one is the collects NPC, and a different is the bypass NPC. I kinda also remember getting more than 4 recipes off some of the NPCs, not every TS has a collect associated with it so if you only get 4 that may be it.

Also the keyword will only be an option once you are over 54 skill in a TS (thus unable to get the tasks).

Comment

[Sat Mar 17 23:45:08 2018] You say, 'Hail, Snokin Breaksteel'
        [Sat Mar 17 23:45:08 2018] Snokin Breaksteel says, 'Hello. Snokin can help you with da smith stuff. Can you [help] Snokin? Snokin too busy, need more time at forge with new ore, less time doing silly work for Wayfarers.'
        [Sat Mar 17 23:45:10 2018] You say, 'help'
        [Sat Mar 17 23:45:10 2018] Snokin Breaksteel smiles broadly 'You is nice person! Da Wayfarers wants Snokin to make lots of silly things for dem, but Snokin want to make stuff with [new ore], not old steel. Can you do some [silly work] for Snokin?'
        [Sat Mar 17 23:45:13 2018] You say, 'silly work'
        [Sat Mar 17 23:45:13 2018] Snokin Breaksteel says, 'No more work now. Snokin happy wit what you do already. If you forgot or want, I give you [recipes] you used. Snokin show you secret now. You not tell anyone!' Snokin looks around furtively, as if everyone on the ship doesn't hear everything he says. He hands you a piece of paper with some very precise writing on it. You can only guess that he did not write it. You look it over and you understand the methods for smelting the aligned ore and the shimmering aligned ore. It's not a complicated process, but you would have needed information that only the Wayfarers have to uncover it. Now all you need to do is place the ore into a forge and you will be able to make the steel. However, you are certain that you can improve the process if you work with the ore long enough. Snokin takes the paper back and pulls out a ledger. You see him carefully note your name on the ledger with clear and concise penmanship that matches that on the paper you just read.'
        [Sat Mar 17 23:45:20 2018] You say, 'recipes'
        [Sat Mar 17 23:45:20 2018] You have learned the recipe Simple Stud!
        [Sat Mar 17 23:45:20 2018] You have learned the recipe Simple Ring!
        [Sat Mar 17 23:45:20 2018] You have learned the recipe Simple Chisel!
        [Sat Mar 17 23:45:20 2018] You have learned the recipe Simple File!
        [Sat Mar 17 23:45:20 2018] You have learned the recipe Simple Aligned Steel Skewer!
        [Sat Mar 17 23:45:20 2018] You have learned the recipe Simple Aligned Steel Spike!
        [Sat Mar 17 23:45:20 2018] You have learned the recipe Simple Aligned Steel File!
        [Sat Mar 17 23:45:20 2018] You have learned the recipe Simple Aligned Steel Needle!
        [Sat Mar 17 23:45:20 2018] Snokin Breaksteel says, 'Here you go.'

Comment

I know for a fact that the pottery one would not give me recipes until I turned in enough of the taoelosian stone workers and I also know that the poison one has refused as well.

I just went to AS an hailed all the poison vendors and of the two that would respond to me, only one responded to the word recipes and this is what I got.

[Sun Mar 18 08:09:23 2018] You say, 'Hail, Uiyaniv Tu`Vrozix'
          [Sun Mar 18 08:09:23 2018] Uiyaniv Tu`Vrozix says, 'Hello,' Uiyaniv drawls as he appraises you. 'You may be of use to me. If you are wise enough to handle a few simple tasks, you will free me up to do more important things. Are you [willing] to yourself useful?''
          [Sun Mar 18 08:09:26 2018] You say, 'recipes'
          [Sun Mar 18 08:09:26 2018] Uiyaniv Tu`Vrozix says, 'I will give you the recipes after you have helped us enough.'

I dunno.
          Last edited by Aanuvane; 03-18-2018, 07:15 AM.
          Aanuvane Bristlecone - Druid - Povar via Quellious via Rodcet Nife
          AKA Muertenie, Melodee, Orelinde, Nounie, Gnomess, Cininea Ashryn, Mairede or a host of additional alts. Maybe also be found on Rabon, Kynsh or Atracker.

Comment

This is me as a non-rogue, he gave me supplies when I said [useful] even though I will be unable to combine them.

[Mon Mar 19 20:59:33 2018] You say, 'Hail, Uiyaniv Tu`Vrozix'
            [Mon Mar 19 20:59:33 2018] Uiyaniv Tu`Vrozix says, 'Hello,' Uiyaniv drawls as he appraises you. 'You may be of use to me. If you are wise enough to handle a few simple tasks, you will free me up to do more important things. Are you [willing] to yourself useful?''
            [Mon Mar 19 20:59:36 2018] You say, 'willing'
            [Mon Mar 19 20:59:36 2018] Uiyaniv Tu`Vrozix nods. 'Good start. Being useful is a good talent to cultivate. I am busy working on some interesting uses for the blood of the creatures they have dubbed Muramites. You can please me by doing some of the bothersome tasks that I have been given so that I can apply my talents to this research. Do you want to make yourself [useful] so that I can study the [Muramite blood]?'
            [Mon Mar 19 20:59:39 2018] You say, 'useful'
            [Mon Mar 19 20:59:39 2018] Uiyaniv Tu`Vrozix says, 'Tolerable. At least you are willing to try to prove yourself. Here is what I propose. I will have you complete many tedious and -- if I can manage it -- painful tasks. The result will mean that I have more free time to work on my own projects. In exchange, if you work hard enough, I will teach you the secret for distillation of the Muramite blood. Don't expect this to happen quickly. Your first task will be to create some simple universal suspension. Just take the simple thickener and a vial of Abysmal Sea water and combine them in your mortar and pestle. Return the suspension to me when you are done.'
            [Mon Mar 19 20:59:50 2018] You say, 'Muramite blood'
            [Mon Mar 19 20:59:51 2018] Uiyaniv Tu`Vrozix says, 'I've never seen one of these Muramites, but I've seen samples of their blood -- though calling it blood somewhat extends the usual meaning of that word. There is little resemblance to our blood and and it certainly interacts with it in a very negative way. It's almost like these creatures are antithetical to us. Maybe that's a little extreme, but their blood carries things in it that are first-class poisons to us. The stuff is a little difficult to work with and will certainly make you break out in a rash if you spill it on yourself. The issue is that the blood spoils easily and must be treated properly. I've figured out how to work with it. If you bring me a sample of Muramite blood, I'll distill it for you into something useful and keep a bit of it for my own use.'
            [Mon Mar 19 20:59:59 2018] You say, 'recipes'
            [Mon Mar 19 20:59:59 2018] Uiyaniv Tu`Vrozix says, 'I will give you the recipes after you have helped us enough.'

Comment

Working...
            X