Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recipe list idea

Would it be possible, with the "Complete" lists for the new AA's to:

1) List this by trivial order (example, the Tailoring list starts with 242 Trivials);

2) Eliminate duplicate recipes and stick with the name we see in the game? After all, the purpose here is to help players with their process of elimination on what recipes to learn. Believe me, eliminate one recipe based on the game name, you can very easily think you need to learn the recipe again Under the other item name not seen in game)... and then scrounge up the ingredients only to be confused when it didn't learn... then investigate that and become frustrated that you all ready had it learned and wasted that time getting the components when you didn't need to. (Some recipes make two or more items of different names and the recipe is often listed for each item it makes).

Just an idea.

#1 especially.

#2 would be a huge help, but I can see where this would be difficult to do.

Thanks.
    Bonzz of Bertoxx

Level 105 Paladin

Tradeskill and achievement OCD Master.

The truth is out there! The truth hurts! But the truth can set you free! All hail the Knights of Truth, servants of Mithaniel Marr the Truthbringer!

http://www.bonzz.com/bonzz.htm (where no research is required)

I will see if I can figure out how to sort by trivial, but you can do that easily once you copy the data out.

Not sure what you mean by #2. The item that is produced is generally what the "item" is. I can't help that the recipe is learned, or appears as something else in the Tradeskill UI. I always try to include a note when the item and the recipe aren't the same, please feel free to turn that information in to the database update forum. I pull the item information from Lucy.....
    Aanuvane Bristlecone - Druid - Povar via Quellious via Rodcet Nife
    AKA Muertenie, Melodee, Orelinde, Nounie, Gnomess, Cininea Ashryn, Mairede or a host of additional alts. Maybe also be found on Rabon, Kynsh or Atracker.

Comment

Also, as far as I know there are no duplicate recipes in the database. If you have examples of duplicates, please turn them in to the database update forum so I can clean them up.

As for something like the conversion recipes or Edible Muck/Minotaur "ales" where the "recipe" appears to be listed twice because it makes two things - I don't think there's another way to manage that. I wouldn't want to not put the recipe for edible muck in just because it's a side product of the minotaur ale, when the edible muck can be used in other recipes. If I don't put the recipe in explicitly and someone searches for it, it won't appear with a recipe if it's just in the "Also returns" part of another recipe.

I know it might be frustrating, but there aren't enough people around working on EQTC these days to try and enhance the way the code works. All I can do is enter items, recipes and sources
      Last edited by Aanuvane; 08-11-2017, 07:42 AM.
      AKA Muertenie, Melodee, Orelinde, Nounie, Gnomess, Cininea Ashryn, Mairede or a host of additional alts. Maybe also be found on Rabon, Kynsh or Atracker.

Comment

Howdy Aanuvane.

Up front, thank you and EQ Traders for all you do.

I just want to be clear I am not in any way complaining. Just tossing out a suggestion.

You 100% figured out the complete list thing when I suggested it a short time back.

Anyway, to clarify based on your questions...

RE: Duplicate Recipes

You seem to understand what I meant here (1 recipe that makes 2 items is called X in game is listed on EQ Traders as X and Y.

I didn't feel there was much you could do about this, but I threw it in just in case.

RE: Sort by Trivial

On the "Complete List - New! To help with the new TS AAs from EoK (already formatted in the Compact Printer view for easy copying)" --- there is no option to sort by trivial.

When you cut and paste that from EQ Traders, they come in the order you see.

The list is printer friendly, but not necessarily spreadsheet friendly (cell size/merge concerns and variances such as "164<x<=176" or "no fail" vs "15 (No-Fail)").

The pre-sort would fix any concerns there.

But anyway, I fully understand the great service you provide! Never ever think i am complaining.

I 100% appreciate it!
        Last edited by Bonzz; 08-13-2017, 03:23 PM.
        Bonzz of Bertoxx

Level 105 Paladin

The truth is out there! The truth hurts! But the truth can set you free! All hail the Knights of Truth, servants of Mithaniel Marr the Truthbringer!

Comment

I select the table produced by that printer friendly list and don't have any problems pasting it out to excel. I don't use google products, so if you don't have access to excel, your experience might be different.

Once I get it in excel, I usually move the third column (trival) to the second columm and then let the ingredients/recipe trail way off to the right. I do a quick scroll through the list and remove extraneous rows that come out because the comments are too long.

Then I can sort and filter as I see fit.

I'd offer to share my lists, but they aren't nearly as good as adetia's. I don't have a perfect idea of what counts and what doesn't count and haven't marked what to save because it's used in something else.

Comment

Yes -- so you also had similar issues with sorting/filtering as is from the cut and paste (I use Excel as well).

It can be done, but you have to do some fixing, as you noted, in order to sort/filter. This is what I meant when I said that they not necessarily spreadsheet friendly.
            Bonzz of Bertoxx

Level 105 Paladin

Comment

Working...
            X