baking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• baking

I made 350 tailoring so moving on to my last skill (just personal info to start). I went to the quick trivial list first and saw some easy combines I thought would be a great skill up start - converting all the 2-15 lb. hynid, cragbeast, tuna and crab to 1 lb. chunks. So I went into my friends house where he had most of the various poundage and did some fishing and foraging to fill in the blanks. After al that, I did the 52 combines I had not known and gained no skill ups. I was unhappy to learn it would be over 52 combines per skill up for baking. I moved on to actually turning the meats into finished products and gained a sill up immediately and every 14 new recipes after. Which means, cutting up all those various weights into 1 pound chunks, even though trivial is 16 and you do learn the recipe, they do not count towards skilling up. this information should save all future bakers from the hours of foraging and fishing to get each different kind. Which means you could go through all the cuts for the 4 types and label them all a certain way? like recipe is learned but does not count towards 350.

Can anyone confirm that these don't count at all? Could it be that mixing bowl recipe don't count? or that mixing bowl recipes count at a different rate? We already know that things that are no fail don't count - is it maybe that no fail goes all the way up to 17 for a trivial rather than just 15?
    Aanuvane Bristlecone - Druid - Povar via Quellious via Rodcet Nife
    AKA Muertenie, Melodee, Orelinde, Nounie, Gnomess, Cininea Ashryn, Mairede or a host of additional alts. Maybe also be found on Rabon, Kynsh or Atracker.

Comment

I know mixing bowl recipes count. I also know they do not count differently. What's the proof you ask? read on -)

I started at 308 skill. I did all those 2-15 pound combines in the mixing bowl and gained nothing. as I said above, 52 recipes learned. all in the mixing bowl. Then I did all the barbecued, buttered, beer-battered, beer-braised, dried, grilled, lemon-buttered, lemon-garlic, smoked, spiced meat combines - in the mixing bowl to get to 311 skill at 14 new recipes per skill up. everything was in the mixing bowl. So it isn't that. As far as no-fail going to 17, the pottery combines for animal cookie cutters counted and they are 17 as did all the potion vials and molds. so perhaps 16?

Comment

I'm going to move this to the baking forum. I did not go through and update all the "no fail" recipes to add notes that they don't count (and I'm not planning to), so we can note your suggestion that trivials of 16 likely don't count either.

Thanks!
        Aanuvane Bristlecone - Druid - Povar via Quellious via Rodcet Nife
        AKA Muertenie, Melodee, Orelinde, Nounie, Gnomess, Cininea Ashryn, Mairede or a host of additional alts. Maybe also be found on Rabon, Kynsh or Atracker.

Comment

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/...ishing.241702/

someone else did all the cuts 2-15 and did not gain any skills.

Comment

Working...
          X