Tailoring guide?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tailoring guide?

My apologies if I missed it somewhere on the website.

I am a jeweler by trade; however, I have begun to have evil thoughts of other trade skills.

In jewelcraft, there is a fairly cut and dry progression of the cheapest way to a 250 skill. Is there the same sort of listing or table showing the cheapest way for 250 skill in tailoring? If so, where might I find it?

My thanks in advance
    Savengriff
    Enchanter Tunare Server
    Shadow of the Dragon

There's a fairly normal progression to 158 (and fairly easy to figure out from the recipe list), but after that, pretty much the general consensus is "combine whatever you can get your hands on".

*edit*
    But sorry, there's nothing like Gumtak's guide for tailoring.

The cupcake is DONE! 1750!!! And 7 Trophies! And a fishing pole! That summons beer! Woo! And Tarteene, the enchanting gnomish tinkerer of the 247th bolt and one neato Tinkering Trophy

Butcherblock Oak Bark Map, hosted by Kentarre!
    Reztarn's Guide to Finding Yew Leaves
    Frayed Knot - The Rathe

Comment

There isnt. Main reason why is because unlike JC, you either farm the components yourself or use the Bazaar search function. Prices are going to be different on each of the servers. Brew your own Tempers or buy them ready-made. Wood Elves have a different skill path vs. Halflings. Too many different variables.

Wish it was easy and straight-forward like jewellery.

Comment

There is always Xanthe's guide. I always get to it from http://www.eqdruids.com/xanthe/index.htm. The guide is a good starting point, but there are several newer recipes it ignores.

The 2 biggest deficiencies before 100 are not mentioning using Greyhopper armor to get to 95 (which everyone should do) and using mandrake root and picnic baskets to get over 70 (little more expensive, but a baker making MTP's will probably pay you for).

And of course check out the Loy ribbons and collapsable bags to replace some of Wu's.
        http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=623761

Comment

Thanks for the pointer to the guide. Although it may not be the most current, at least it gives me a starting point.
          Savengriff
          Enchanter Tunare Server
          Shadow of the Dragon

Comment

Don't be afraid to post here as well. Lots of us are more than willing to help answer questions

Comment

I need to update my guide to reflect the hopper armor as well. Maybe I'll do that this evening, I've learned a lot more since I first wrote it.

Edit: So I did.

--Myrron
              Myrron Lifewarder, <Celestial Navigators>, Retired

Grandmaster Tailor ( 250 ) Master Brewer ( 200 ) Master Fletcher ( 200 ) Master Jewelcrafter ( 200 ) Master Smith ( 200 ) Master Baker ( 191 ) Master Potter ( 190 )

Comment

Working...
              X