Tradeskill books that can be scribed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tradeskill books that can be scribed

With the new mechanic of skillups beyond 300 requiring learning new recipes, the low hanging fruit are those that can be learned by scribing books. A ton of books exist in PoK (both next to pottery wheel near small bank as well as the front entrance of the library), but are there other places where you can buy books? I seem to remember books in Brell's Rest.

Going to start to list those with tradeskill books that I have found:

POK:
    Jeweler Nonny
    Scribe Zikett
    a cultural smithing historian
    a cultural tailoring historian
    a cultural discoveries historian
    a cultural tinkering historian
    a cultural historian
    a tradeskill armor historian

Comment

Thanks for starting this. I was thinking that we needed a full list.

Comment

So, if I were going to be ambitious and try to denote this somehow in the database.....without a specific field on the item I can tick to indicate that a book can be scribed, any suggestions on how to do it?

I could add a name note, for example: Adventures in Woodworking (can scribe), Alaris' Brews (cannot scribe), but I don't know how to create a page that can search on a name note in order to present this in a dynamic list for everyone.

I could add an item "Learn Recipes", then create a "recipe" for every book that can be scribed and possibly tag it in a way that I could create a dynamic page.

I could start building a static page.

I'm not sure one way over the other represents anything easier. Thoughts or suggestions?

Also, for everyone who is interested in this in the mean time - you can go to http://lucy.allakhazam.com/booklist.html, copy and paste the list out and then start searching through file name column for things that have TS, TSS or actual skill names like baking, brew, tailor, etc. to find all the books that are in the game.
        Aanuvane Bristlecone - Druid - Povar via Quellious via Rodcet Nife
        AKA Muertenie, Melodee, Orelinde, Nounie, Gnomess, Cininea Ashryn, Mairede or a host of additional alts. Maybe also be found on Rabon, Kynsh or Atracker.

Comment

I think a static page would be helpful. Also I checked "Bookseller Shoden" in Argath, and he didn't have any new books that don't already exist in PoK.

Comment

Checked out TDS zone Degmar. Jeweler had some tradeskill books (I think all jeweler vendors do) but nothing not available in pok.

Comment

Book "On Quivering" sold in Brell's Rest. Has tailoring recipes.
              Shawlweaver Sphynx on Cazic Thule
              Master Artisan Aldier on Cazic Thule

Comment

There are several scribable books/scrolls there. Black Acrylia Weapon Ornament Sketchbook, Blessed Reaching Weapon Augmenting, Ceramic Weapon Ornament Sketchbook in addition to on quivering (yay pottery 331)
                AKA Muertenie, Melodee, Orelinde, Nounie, Gnomess, Cininea Ashryn, Mairede or a host of additional alts. Maybe also be found on Rabon, Kynsh or Atracker.

Comment

Originally posted by Aanuvane View Post
                  There are several scribable books/scrolls there. Black Acrylia Weapon Ornament Sketchbook, Blessed Reaching Weapon Augmenting, Ceramic Weapon Ornament Sketchbook in addition to on quivering (yay pottery 331)
                  These books are on "Useful Automated Vendor" in Brell's Rest near the entrance of Brell's Temple.

Comment

I only listed it because the rest are also found on the various vendors listed at the top in PoK.

Comment

Which vendors in PoK have the other books Aldier? They aren't recorded on Alla's.

Comment

A cultural tinkering historian, outside the library has the Blessed Reaching Weapon Augmenting for Jewelers as well as the Fletching of Blessed Reaching Weapoon Augments.

Perhaps I just had already scribed them before and that is why I thought they were duplicates for the ornament sketches. Haven't found them in PoK yet.

Comment

Right, but the book the guy in Brell's Rest has a completely different name: Blessed Reaching Weapon Augmenting. It probably has the same recipes as the other two books and it's weird that he only has that one book and not the other levels. I thought it was curious too - but noted it here for others just in case.

I haven't found the other two pottery scrolls/books on anyone else yet. I had actually missed the ceramic one and it gave me a skill up on pottery.

Comment

Additional books. There is the EOK combine book of course. There is also the book sold by Seller of Salvaged Souls in demiplane of Decay. I should note that when I scribed that book, I did not get any skill increases.

Comment

Thaell Ew Ritual Armor is bought from Armorer Xochtli on Thuliasaur Island. This requires a few things :
                              - access to Thuliasaur Island through TDS progression
                              - completing 10 different solo tasks
                              - reaching Kindly faction

This gives 37 recipes :
                              - 19 Smithing
                              - 15 Tailoring
                              - 1 Brewing (Thaell Ew Ritual Temper)
                              - 1 Pottery (Croceus Ore)
                              - 1 Baking (Crushed Bloodstone)

For more detailed information, see Thaell Ew Ritual Hero's Forge Armor on Zam.

Comment

Working...
                              X