No announcement yet.

Tradeskill books that can be scribed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Articles on Holding - purchased from Garik Nogflop [The Master Collector] in sunrise hills

I have gained 3-4 skill ups in tailoring (301-350) when scribing this book on various toons. On the last one, I did combines till I gained a skill up, then scribed the book, then did more combines. Since it is 16 combines per skill up, and I gained 3 skill ups, and got another skill up on the very next recipe, I concluded the book gave me 63 new recipes

Garik Nogflop [The Master Collector] also has Garik's Secrets of Bag Expansion, but I had scribed that one long ago so I have no info on skill ups or recipes.
    Last edited by Uuvin; 05-07-2017, 05:15 AM.

Comment

I missed some books in pok. Apparently Tratlan Matrick in pok only sells if your tailoring skill is a base of 300.

Comment

Tradeskill recipe scribe book vendors:
        Note - Certain books require a minimum skill level to view on a vendor (eg Tailored Armor Step XIII). Once your skills reach 300 you will be able to see all the books.

PoK - 6 cultural book vendors outside of library
        a cultural smithing historian
        a cultural tailoring historian
        a cultural discoveries historian
        a cultural tinkering historian
        a cultural historian
        a tradeskill armor historian

PoK - Scribe Zikett

PoK - Blacksmith Gerta
        search vendor for "Weapon Smithing" (10 books)

PoK - Tailor Kujen
        search vendor for "Weapon Tailoring" (10 books)

PoK - Jeweler Nonny
        search vendor for "Weapon Augmenting" (10 books)

PoK - Culturist Devari
        Compendium of (your race) Cultural Crafting

Sunrise Hills - Garik Nogflop
        Garik's Secrets of Bag Expansion
        The Articles on Holding

Brell's Rest - Useful Automated Vendor (next to Shining City entrance)
        Black Acrylia Weapon Ornament Sketchbook
        Ceramic Weapon Ornament Sketchbook
        On Quivering

Optional (I think these don't count on your way to 350):
        Thuliasaur Island - Armorer Xochtli (requires progression)
        Thaell Ew Ritual Armor
        Sul Vius: Demiplane of Decay - Seller of Salvaged Souls (requires progression)
        The Lost Art of Working with Wither and Decay
        Empires of Kunark expansion drop
        Simple Secrets of the Combine Hero
        Ring of Scale expansion drop
        Simple Work of the Sarnak Hero
        Frostfell - Time for a Change drop
        Cured Bacon Recipe
        Chocolate Bacon Recipe
        Bacon Soda Recipe
        Last edited by Mukkul; 01-24-2019, 07:51 PM.

Comment

I have put a modification in my inventory program (www.eq-manager.com) that will mark any of your unlearned recipes that are also learnable via books. So far, I've gotten about a dozen or so book parsed, but hope to add more in the next couple of weeks. It takes a while since I have to do a full recipe dump, scribe a book, do another recipe dump, and then compare the two dumps and log any differences. The character I'm doing it on skilled to 300x7 without learning much more than the most basic of skill up recipes, so she was a good candidate to do this with.
          -- Mewkus: 2100 dings on the server formerly known as Solusek Ro
          try: Inventory/Flags/Spells tracker program - (sample output)

Comment

Nice! Thank you very much for the update!

Comment

Originally posted by mewkus View Post
              I have put a modification in my inventory program (www.eq-manager.com) that will mark any of your unlearned recipes that are also learnable via books. So far, I've gotten about a dozen or so book parsed, but hope to add more in the next couple of weeks. It takes a while since I have to do a full recipe dump, scribe a book, do another recipe dump, and then compare the two dumps and log any differences. The character I'm doing it on skilled to 300x7 without learning much more than the most basic of skill up recipes, so she was a good candidate to do this with.
              Merchant Alliance Tradebook, for example, has recipes for multiple tradeskills. Are there other books like that?

Comment

"Merchant Alliance Tradebook, for example, has recipes for multiple tradeskills. Are there other books like that?"
                Yup, I would like to know as well.

By the way, newbie here as well. Whenever I'm taking a break from this particular interest, I'm usually found at home, watching my Pomeranian walk on his muttluks dog boots or play along with the wife and kids. Such a simple, yet, happy life. Have a nice day!
                Last edited by JakeIntake; 03-25-2019, 12:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mukkul View Post

Merchant Alliance Tradebook, for example, has recipes for multiple tradeskills. Are there other books like that?
                  There are some books that have recipes for multiple tradeskills, but there aren't many of them.

As I go through to check which recipes are learned, I am tagging any new ones in blacksmithing, tailoring, pottery, fletching, baking, brewing, jewelcrafting, research, and fishing. The character I'm doing it with is neither rogue, shaman, or gnome, so I am unable to generate which of those recipes (poison making, alchemy, and tinkering) are learned from the different book. My rogue has pretty much already learned all the the poison making recipes, so if he read any poison making books, I wouldn't be able to tell if any new recipes were learned. Similarly, my shaman and gnome have learned a fair number of recipes already.

I don't have the various required progressions, so I probably wont be able to check those books only available to zones beyond my reach.

I am going to try to update the sample page I have on my website, so people can see a bunch of the new features my program can do since I made those sample files (10+ years ago), including the unlearned recipe page listing. Those pages just list any recipes that haven't been learned yet (of the ones that get listed when you do an /outputfile). Many of them also include the various components needed to make the recipe.
                  -- Mewkus: 2100 dings on the server formerly known as Solusek Ro
                  try: Inventory/Flags/Spells tracker program - (sample output)

Comment

Working...
                  X