Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Having some trouble finding what I am looking for on here.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Having some trouble finding what I am looking for on here.

I see that there are these new aa out for EOK that will help raise your skill beyond 300 based on what you have learned recipe wise. Tons of new recipes are randomly being discovered from 10 expansions ago but I seem to be missing the HOW part. Whats the trick to suddenly finding all these (Bazu bows for example) and where are all of these (i assume merchant) skill books? Is there an easy way to search for them or locate them? How do i find out what i have and what i dont other than staring down an impossibly long list from the tradeskill containers?

Sorry for the noobness in advance.

It's really more skill, deep knowledge and experimenting that people are figuring some of these "new" recipes out. There is no trick - you just need to understand some of the patterns and have been doing this for a while for stuff to make sense.
    Aanuvane Bristlecone - Druid - Povar via Quellious via Rodcet Nife
    AKA Muertenie, Melodee, Orelinde, Nounie, Gnomess, Cininea Ashryn, Mairede or a host of additional alts. Maybe also be found on Rabon, Kynsh or Atracker.

Comment

The bazu bones was more of I noticed that there were variations of bows missing from the site. Or sometimes, the items were in the database, but no recipe had been submitted. That is part of it. Similarly, people may not have cared about random middle ground item that no one EVER wanted, and now we are going back and filling in some blank spots. For some of the baking, the general recipe is known like for the omelettes, but people are just experimenting with additional types of eggs in game or different types of meats. There really is no good way to know what's newly discovered and what's old, but my suggestion is try breaking the large lists down into more sizable and manageable chunks, either my expansion, tier, style, etc. I have made separate spreadsheets for several things for me so that I can get a better count on how many of any particular item I needed. This caused me to have to spend a good bit of time sorting recipes out to fit my spreadsheet, but in the end, proved helpful.
      Shawlweaver Sphynx on Cazic Thule
      Master Artisan Aldier on Cazic Thule

Comment

The upshot of skill ups over 300 is you have to know more recipes, rather than repeat certain ones to randomly gain a skill up.

I've copied this from the Beta discussions, it seems a good post to base what recipes to scribe/learn;

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/.../#post-3474760

Dzarn said: ↑
        “To (hopefully) offer some clarification:
        To progress past 300 (or 200 in the case of fishing), there is an internal table of data that defines the following: SKILL - Bonus Points - Recipes you must know.
        These additional skill points are not added to your tradeskill skill value until you have reached 300 (or 200 for fishing).
        The real data example for fishing looks as follows for the first 5 points:
        Fishing - 1 - 3
        Fishing - 2 - 5
        Fishing - 3 - 8
        Once you have reached 200 fishing skill and gotten rank 1 of the new AA line, knowing a total of 3 recipes will allow you to have 201 skill. Learning two more recipes (a total of 5) will bring you to 202 skill, etc.

For a recipe to count toward the progression the following has to be true:

Its trivial is greater than 0 (not a no-fail recipe)

Its not a recipe that is automatically known

You must either scribe the recipe from a book or successfully create it once

Its not a recipe that must be known in order to create the item. - Some combines cannot be done until the recipe is scribed, such recipes do not count for progression.

Its a recipe you can learn by successfully combining the items

Some combinations of items can be put together but don't teach you a recipe you can use, such combines do not count for progression.

Its a recipe that is combined in a 'standard' container type:
        Recipes that require you to use a particular container do not count for progression; such as expendable containers or race specific forge”
        (But note New tanaan recipes from POP can now be combined in standard containers and not just a New Tanaan Forge, loom etc, so therefore they should count)

Also posted by Dzarn, though where it was posted originally, I'm not sure;

Dzarn said: ↑
        “The number of recipes required for each increment differs for each tradeskill as the number of recipes that can be learned differs dramatically between them.
        The totals aren't listed at this time as they may be adjusted in the future.”

Comment

I know with the "Freetide Rations" I noticed the Drake Jerky had a tradeskill tag, went looking for Books that are in game that describe recipes. Found one in Barren coast where one of the recipes in it got missed somehow.

Comment

So, quick follow-up question, for someone just back to the game....

Using the fishing example above, if I already know 8 fishing recipes, then when I purchase the first fishing AA (which allows the skill to go as high as 310, correct?), then my skill would immediately become 203, right? Similarly, for other skills, if I know a lot of recipes, I can get a bunch of skill points just by buying the first level or two of the new TS AAs, correct?

Just trying to make sure I understand it.
            Tatanka WolfDancer, 105 Druid
            -- 300x7 (2100 club), 7 maxed trophies | 200 Fishing
            Snookims Whinzlow, 105 Enchanter
            -- 300 Research
            Knekt Thedots, 60 Shaman
            -- 300 Alchemy, maxed trophy
            Gneehigh Gnasty, 60 Rogue
            -- 300 Poisoncrafting, maxed trophy

Inisfree, Tunare

Comment

Looking at the fishing AA - I think the answer is no. Level 1 will reduce failures by 10%, Level 2 will reduce failures by 25% and level 3 will reduce failures by 50% - then levels 4 - 13 will increase your cap by 5 allowing you to achieve a max of 250. All of the other skills will let you get to 350 because they currently max at 300, not 200. You still need to get to the base skill of 200 one way or another (fishing or doing recipes) and then learning more unique recipes gets you from 201 - 250.

Click image for larger version

Name:	fishing.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	82.3 KB
ID:	360643

Edit and just hush - I'm not 105 yet and do lots of other stuff
              Last edited by Aanuvane; 03-03-2017, 04:28 PM.
              AKA Muertenie, Melodee, Orelinde, Nounie, Gnomess, Cininea Ashryn, Mairede or a host of additional alts. Maybe also be found on Rabon, Kynsh or Atracker.

Comment

OK, my post unfortunately totally missed what my question is.

ASSUME that the next AA will allow the TS to go above 300 (or 200, or whatever, not really the point). If I already know enough recipes to meet the requirement for the next 2, 3, 4, however many skill points, will my skill jump right up to that value. That's my question.
                -- 300 Research
                Knekt Thedots, 60 Shaman

Inisfree, Tunare

Comment

Yes. As soon as you purchase the 4th rank your skill automatically advance if you know enough recipes. For example, I had purchased up to level 11 in brewing which set my cap at 340. I reached the cap, but kept I learning more recipes. Then I purchased level 12 and jumped from 340 to 343.

Comment

Thank you, that's what I was hoping to hear
                    -- 300 Research
                    Knekt Thedots, 60 Shaman

Inisfree, Tunare

Comment

It's really more skill, deep knowledge and experimenting that people are figuring some of these "new" recipes out. There is no trick - you just need to understand some of the patterns and have been doing this for a while for stuff to make sense.

Comment

Working...
                      X