Jewel Crafting 301 and up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jewel Crafting 301 and up

Yes read all the books. After that I started with a Square cut tool and did all the recipes listed. then put the square cut tool in the kit and made a round cut tool and did all those. then oval, half-moon, trillion, pear, marquise, solo, duo, trio - and I was at 341. Yes have an enchanter nearby for the 30 to 120-ish enchanted alaran, cosgrove, dwerium, feymetal, gold, electrum, palladium, planar alloy, platinum, silver, temporite and velium bars you will need. And a stack+ of harmonogate, prestidigitase, stauroliye and taaffeite. also some miscellaneous uncut gems.

after that I did the 10 geode combines then played with some nihilites. found unlisted recipes for a few things like electrum, gold, platinum, silver and velium nihilite combines - using 1 non-enchanted metal and a crimson nihilite .. plus another 5 combines using the enchanted metal with a crimson nihilite - then another 10 combines using shimmering nihilite in the same fashion ( amber and indigo DNC). Continued with nihilites making Pale nihilite kits and shimmering nihilite kits and I am at 342.

Next will be the conduit I suppose, but need a break now. this has taken me 4 days , 3 hours a day to do.

Conduits done. I had already known some from some previous work, so I only got to 343.

I went and made all the gold, platinum and velium kits (cestus, claws, long blade, short blade etc ) 14 each ( 38 new learned recipes - I had already known 4 somehow) but no skill ups. The kits are learned somewhere via books? maybe the nihilite kits didn't count for skills either which is why I only gained 1 point through conduits. Conduits I know counted.

Made a bunch of stone furniture, all the recipes I used are listed. 344. Working next on finding people to imbue all the gems ( and forage plains pebbles, amethyst and polished quartz).

There are 8 Emblem of [xxx] (pop era) did 5 of those since I had 3 already. takes time to farm the materials. I gained a blacksmithing skill up while enchanting the ore in a forge. Passed extra items to an alt who then made some emblems and gained a skill point. proves these count.

Was able to get 9 of the 15 gem types that can be imbued. Did the 36 combines with the 4 enchanted metals. Gained 1 skill up ( 345) with 22 into the next. If I can find the other 6 imbued gems that's just 24 more combines. Ran down the EQT quick trivial list and did the odd items over 330 (that I did not already have) like fear jewel of xxx, etherbolt ring and otherworld earring, gained a skill up to 346+7 now. I need to find approx. 75 more new recipes after getting the imbued gems.

Thanks to Rondor of Povar, I got 5 other gem types. did those 20 combines - plus the 7 from before = 1 skill up. 347 now ( it was exactly 27 new recipes from point 346 to 347). With the imbued line done (imbued black sapphire and silver did not combine) I went and foraged polished quartz and amethyst. Add in a couple other things I didn't have (Glowing Green Silver, Polished Stone Luck Piece, Petrified Spider Eyes and more) and I am now 348 +3. That means about 50 more.

I could get 4 from more cazicite, then its cutting the oow gems. there are 20 different gems which can be cut 3 ways. that's 60 recipes. It is within reach. good luck everyone
    Last edited by Uuvin; 01-18-2017, 06:56 AM.

What recipes did you find that aren't already here? can you please turn them in to the Database Update forum?

We've got all the nihilite and shimmering nihilite recipes.

Electrum Nihilite Earring
    Gold Nihilite Earring

Platinum Nihilite Pendant

Silver Nihilite Ring

Velium Nihilite Pendant

Do you have others?
    Last edited by Aanuvane; 01-11-2017, 10:51 AM.
    Aanuvane Bristlecone - Druid - Povar via Quellious via Rodcet Nife
    AKA Muertenie, Melodee, Orelinde, Nounie, Gnomess, Cininea Ashryn, Mairede or a host of additional alts. Maybe also be found on Rabon, Kynsh or Atracker.

Comment

Electrum Nihilite Earring 132 triv = electrum bar + crimson nihilite
      Electrum Nihilite Earring (magical) 132 trivial = enchanted electrum bar + crimson nihilite
      Electrum Shimmering Earring 132 triv = electrum bar + shimmering nihilite
      Electrum Shimmering Earring (magical) 132 triv = enchanted electrum bar + shimmering nihilite

Gold Nihilite Earring 202 triv = gold bar + crimson nihilite
      Gold Nihilite Earring (magical) 202 triv = enchanted gold bar + crimson nihilite
      Gold Shimmering Earring 202 triv = gold bar + shimmering nihilite
      Gold Shimmering Earring (magical) 202 triv = enchanted gold bar + shimmering nihilite

Silver Nihilite Ring 67 triv = silver bar + crimson nihilite
      Silver Nihilite Ring (magical) 67 triv = enchanted silver bar + crimson nihilite
      Silver Shimmering Ring 67 triv = silver bar + shimmering nihilite
      Silver Shimmering Ring (magical) 67 triv = enchanted silver bar + shimmering nihilite

Platinum Nihilite Pendant 268 triv = platinum bar + crimson nihilite
      Platinum Nihilite Pendant (magical) 268 triv = enchanted platinum bar + crimson nihilite
      Platinum Shimmering Pendant 268 triv = platinum bar + shimmering nihilite
      Platinum Shimmering Pendant (magical) 268 triv = enchanted platinum bar + shimmering nihilite

Velium Nihilite Pendant 272 triv = velium bar + crimson nihilite
      Velium Nihilite Pendant (magical) 272 triv = enchanted velium bar + crimson nihilite
      Velium Shimmering Pendant 272 triv = velium bar + shimmering nihilite
      Velium Shimmering Pendant (magical) 272 triv = enchanted velium bar + shimmering nihilite

Comment

All of those recipes that are non-magical are in the DB already.

Are you sure you got the magical ones to combine recently? I thought I tried and they wouldn't combine.
        AKA Muertenie, Melodee, Orelinde, Nounie, Gnomess, Cininea Ashryn, Mairede or a host of additional alts. Maybe also be found on Rabon, Kynsh or Atracker.

Comment

definitely. did them just today. they are in my known recipes in my jc kit now - that's how I went back and got these to post.

Comment

Can someone please explain how leveling works? You have to do a combine that is not currently in your recipe book? What if you have already done the historical recipes before? This is sounding like a strange mechanic.

Comment

You gain skill based on the number of recipes that you have "learned" in your lifetime. Learned recipes will show up in the tradeskill UI search. Some recipes (no fail combines, racial restricted combines) won't count, but most everything else does. For every so many recipes you learn, you will gain 1 skill point. The number of recipes needed per skill up varies by tradeskill. The total number needed to reach 350 skill is going to be close to all the recipes available in game.
              Shawlweaver Sphynx on Cazic Thule
              Master Artisan Aldier on Cazic Thule

Comment

I am also having a problem with the classic enchanted recipes.

Enchanted Silver Bar + Amber (in jewelry kit or reinforced jewelry kit) gives me the message: You cannot make this combine because you fail to meet the requirements.

Comment

Classic enchanted shouldn't work. Imbued yes, classic enchanted no.

At least on live servers
                  Last edited by Aanuvane; 01-26-2017, 05:29 PM.

Comment

I can confirm everything Uuvin put up there, I am at 349 JC(I did a bunch of radiant stones from OoW b/c I am a shaman) and all I got left is stone from OoW.

Comment

Here is something that others may find helpful:

Jewelcraft vendors sell 3 molds of earring, ring, and pendant for 7 gem cuts - 21 molds in all. Each of those molds can be used on 6 different types of metal (silver, electrum, gold, platinum, velium, and prismatic palladium) on 4 types of gems: Staurolite, Prestidigitase, Harmonagate, and Taafaeite. Going through all the permuations results in the following number of researchable recipes:
                      Subcombines:
                      21 molds x 6 metals: 126
                      4 gems x 7 cuts: 28

Final Combine:
                      126 different settings x 4 gems = 504 recipes

Note: You will need to be procure 126 of each of the 4 gems minimum (and you will fail some). Also you will need at least 84 scale ore for the prismatic palladium.

Adding in the subcombines and you get a total of 658 recipes that can be researched. The end result is about 25 skill points in JC.

Comment

"I went and made all the gold, platinum and velium kits (cestus, claws, long blade, short blade etc ) 14 each ( 38 new learned recipes - I had already known 4 somehow) but no skill ups. The kits are learned somewhere via books?"

Just to observe that I also did not get any skill improves from the kits either. It makes me wonder if they were excluded for some reason, even though we had to learn the recipe. I also noticed that the smithing recipes for the kits already exist in my smithing recipe book, so those got added somewhere.

Comment

It has been reported that the kits don't count because they are in the reinforced jewel kit only.

Comment

Has anyone found a good place to farm Staurolite, Prestidigitase, Harmonagate, and/or Taafaeite, I've checked Alla, and there are lots of places they drop, but I've yet to find a place when they drop very often.

Comment

I find a fairly steady albeit not fast rate in LDoNs

Comment

Working...
                              X