Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Returning to Game - Crafted Armour Guide?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Returning to Game - Crafted Armour Guide?

All,

I am recently returned to the game and at 2,065 out of 2100 of tradeskills with 7 old artisan skill modifiers (+ a few no drop 15% like shears). My fathers pally is in the 70s (where we left them) and I'd like to get us levelled and him some solid armour (and I guess long term myself some as well)

Are there any basic guides to what is good crafted armour by class?

I have been searching but it seems to be more hit or miss.

Thank you in advance

Brett

Welcome back - there are crafted armors that are OK (but not great) once you get to 81 - 85, but not only do you have to make the armor, you need to make two sets of symbols to go with them (there are lower versions too, but they aren't worth the trouble).

You can start here for some basic information and links to recipe pages.

If you want gear that will help you actually stand up to fighting, I think I'd look into the quested armors starting with the House of Thule expansion once you get to 80.

Below 80, Elegant Defiant is probably good enough to get you to 80?

What server? (and welcome back)
    Last edited by Aanuvane; 10-07-2016, 07:02 AM.
    Aanuvane Bristlecone - Druid - Povar via Quellious via Rodcet Nife
    AKA Muertenie, Melodee, Orelinde, Nounie, Gnomess, Cininea Ashryn, Mairede or a host of additional alts. Maybe also be found on Rabon, Kynsh or Atracker.

Comment

I am assuming you refer to "cultural" armor. This armor must be crafted by a player of the race of the intended wearer. It involves the actual armor, rather unimpressive without a Symbol, also crafted. (The Symbol may be crafted by a player of any race.) Even better with an additional augment assembled with a raid drop.

Here are the names of the armor and the symbols by level, starting with mid-sixties.
      Level 65 required 69 recommended armor Elaborate symbol Eminent
      Level 70 required 74 recommended armor (none) symbol Exalted
      Level 75 required 79 recommended armor Elegant symbol Sublime
      Level 81 required 85 recommended armor Stalwart symbol Venerable
      Level 86 required 90 recommended armor Extravagant symbol Illustrious
      Level 91 required 95 recommended armor Glorious symbol Numinous
      Level 96 required 100 recommended armor Regal symbol Transcendent
      Level 101 required 105 recommended armor August symbol Boundless

Also there is what I call a "progression" dropped component of armor. "Progression" because the armor for the expansion can be upgraded with a higher level drop from the same expansion.
      In the House of Thule expansion and the Alaris expansion one of the components in making tier one of the armor can be a crafted template. The alternative to the crafted template is a rather high priced purchased item.

For your consideration, I suggest the crafted weapons. Players find them quite effective. They may be made by a player of any race. The chart is as follows.
      Level 66 required 70 recommended weapon Elaborate augment Eminent
      Level 71 required 75 recommended weapon Inured augment Exalted
      Level 76 required 80 recommended weapon Elegant augment Sublime
      Level 81 required 85 recommended weapon Stalwart augment Venerable
      Level 86 required 90 recommended weapon Extravagant augment Illustrious
      Level 91 required 95 recommended weapon Glorious augment Numinous
      Level 96 required 100 recommended weapon Regal augment Transcendent
      Level 101 required 105 recommended weapon August augment Boundless

Comment

Thank you for the reply, we are on Maelin (and left when 75 was the top level you could get so its been awhile). I'll look into Elegant Defiant asap as getting some levels would be nice.

I was hoping to use my skillset to build newer armour but it appears I will need to wait!

Cheers

Comment

I was going to offer to help you get outfitted with Defiant if you were on Povar. Happy Hunting and good luck.
          Aanuvane Bristlecone - Druid - Povar via Quellious via Rodcet Nife
          AKA Muertenie, Melodee, Orelinde, Nounie, Gnomess, Cininea Ashryn, Mairede or a host of additional alts. Maybe also be found on Rabon, Kynsh or Atracker.

Comment

thank you kindly, same to you

Comment

Working...
            X