This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hmmm

Just a quick question, but this is supposed to make enough components for 100 combines...

But doesn't it make... 216 Marmalade Sammiches? 18 x 12 = 216...
    And you only need one per picnic combine, so isn't that gonna leave me with like, 6 stacks of unused sammiches?

Comment

I've found with picnics the best way to do it is to have a completely EMPTY dedicated mule, and to make the items in shadowhaven. The mule should have 16 trader sachels, and the goal here is to fill it with the following:

4 bags of jumjum cake slice *
      2 bags of marmilade sandwiches
      2 bags of jumjum spiced beer
      2 bags of picnic baskets
      2 bags of jumjum salad
      2 bags of royal mints
      2 bags of mature cheese

*(some people prefer to cut the cakes as they combine the final item, i prefer pre sliced cake)

I wont repeat the recipes as the thread is already coated with them. The problem with the picnics is that there's SOOOOO many combines, most of the time is running from point a, to point b, to point c, then to point d for a combine, and basically keeping all your items in check and not going insane from the huge amount of stuff you're trying to manage. The single best way i've found to do this is to focus on one item at a time, buying enough** items for a crapload of final combines. When I am doing a picnic run i have not one, but 2 mules dedicated to carrying pre combines parked at the SH bank, so I double this mix. Making each set of the pre combines for 800 picnic clicks takes around 30 mins, the only ones that take longer are the picnic baskets (due to the single yield parts as opposed to 6/8/10).

**(include the rule fo 5 %, and buy about 10 % extras to be sure)

Once you're done loading up your mules, it's just a matter of running back and forward between the Lost Turnip and SH bank (near spires) with about 80 combines worth at a time ) All in all about a full nights work, but you end up with around a months worth of picnics on the market )

-A
      250 Smithing +15%
      250 Jewelcraft +5%
      250 Baking +5%
      250 Brewing +5%
      250 Fletching +5%
      250 Tailoring +15%
      250 Pottery +5%

Comment

That's a whole lotta combines! No wonder these are so pricey... I'm delighted to have this guide for making them myself now. It takes these and QAT's to max my INT at 255 right now. :?
        http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=565382Visit Magelo Profile

Comment

MISTY THICKET PICNICS BAKING TO 250

Mature Cheese (yields 10) = 2 milks + Rennet + Dairy Spoon + Mixing Bowl

Royal Mints (yields 10) = Frosting + Eucalyptus Leaf + Mixing Bowl (MB)

Jumjum Salad (yields 10)= Lettuce + Fennel + Jumjum Stalk + Foraged Veggies + MB

Marmalade Sandwich (yields 12) = Loaf of Bread + Apricot Marmalade + MB
          Apricot Marmalade = 3 frostings + foraged fruit + Spit/Oven (yields 6)

2 Slices of Jumjum Cake =
          Jumjum Stalk + Frosting + Clump Dough + Winter Chocolate + Cake Round + Spit
          Winter Chocolate = 2 frostings + brownie parts + MB
          Clump of Dough = Flour + Milk + Eggs(Basiliks yield 15)
          This makes a Cake to make slices of cake place the cake into the spit, press combine yields 10 slices.

Picnic Basket (yields 10) = Woven Mandrake + Boning + Sewing Kit (TAILOR 76)
          Woven Mandrake = 2 Mandrake Roots + Sewing Kit (will take you to tailoring 66)
          Boning = small brick of ore + File + Flask of Water + Forge
          File = metal bits + File mold + water + Forge

Jumjum Spiced Beer (yields 10)=
          Barley + Hops + Spices + Water + Bottle + Jumjum Stalk + Brew Barrel (BREWING 162)

MISTY THICKET PICNIC (YIELDS 4) STR/STA/WIS/INT+5, HP20, MANA 30

Mature Cheese + Royal Mints + Jumjum Salad + Jumjum Spiced Beer + Marmalade Sandwich + Picnic Basket + 2 Slices of Jumjum Cake + Oven

LOCATION OF ITEMS - ALL POK UNLESS NOTED

Barley Basus TuQual 107 x 259
          Bottle Basus TuQual 107 x 259
          Bread Vuli Ironstove -20 x 249
          Eucalyptus Leaf Serin Odanos -45 x 1362
          Fennel Serin Odanos -45 x 1362
          Flour Culkin Ironstove -104 x 271
          Frosting Culkin Ironstove -104 x 271
          Hops Basus TuQual 107 x 259
          Jumjum Stalk Daleen Leafsway -95 x –345 RIVERVALE
          Lettuce Klen Ironstove -86 x 238
          Mandrake Roots Severg Odanos -22 x 1375
          Milk Vuli Ironstove -20 x 249
          Rennet Vuli Ironstove -20 x 249
          Spices Culkin Ironstove -104 x 271
          Fruits/Veggies Bazaar (for we non-foraging sorts)

Comment

JumJum Stalks in SH then?

Reading Ngreth's guide, it appears that Alorob Bolrodo sells JumJum Stalks in SH, but I can't find this NPC? Couldn't see NPC on track.

Anyone know the loc?

Comment

He's in The Lost Turnip at loc (-341, 1627).
              Muse Calliopeia the Bardess
              Mithaniel Marr

Comment

I have looked around and don't see an answer to a question I have.

I had someone accuse me of trying to scam people becaues I was sell just the picnic basket portion for these.

They clamied that you can by just the basket part in SH for 6g.

Anyone know anything on this?

(I had made the baskets to work on tailoring)

Wrin

Comment

Another Picnic Guide

This looks like so much fun, I guess I'll add my guide! This is my one page, MS Word formatted guide. It's essentially the same info posted here, but formatted to print on a single page.

Shopping List for 60 Picnics
                  Rinalthelis Wolfbrother (Ancient Adventurers)
                  Guild Officer and Liason to Karana Council of Guilds
                  Wood Elven Druid of Tunare from the Karana Server

Comment

Originally posted by wrin
                    They clamied that you can by just the basket part in SH for 6g.
                    Wrin
                    If someone skilling up on them for tailoring sells them back to a merchant (common) the bought price is very low. 6gp sounds about right. However, they are NOT sold by vendors unless a player sold it back. So charge what you want, I think I've put them on my vendors at a couple pp each on occasion.
                    Serenya Soulhealer
                    Guild Leader of The Revellers, Tribunal

Comment

GRRR

the recipe for the picnic is listed in the normal section, NOT PoP or Luclin
                      and yet the ONLY place anyone ever mentions to buy a rennet is Shadowhaven (and possibly PoK)

I don't have ANY expansions - it is possible for me to get some rennets or mature cheese which i need it for? and if so, where?

Comment

nope

Rennet is sold in Fungus Grove, Shadow Haven and the Plane of Knowledge.

FYI - If you need to find out where an item is sold (if it's sold) look in the "Trade Supplies" area by clicking on the link on the left side of the page. The message board pages don't have the link, but all the main site pages do. If you want to save yourself the trouble of reading through all the available information type CTRL+F to bring up the Find window. Type "Rennet" (or whatever) in the box and it will search the page for your variable.
                        Elton
                        Quellious

Comment

Picnics

Working on bakinc myself, got from 200 to 226 in a week or so, and working hard on getting the rest. Based on MTPs, and whatever meat i can get from BoT grouping and guildies.

Basically i do the PoK and RV shopping trip when im gonna do some tries, read about SH here, but that zone is SOOOOOO laggy, so gonna stay far away from that, only go in there when i need to brew and am in bazaar (SO need a brew barrel in bazaar), or when im forced to go there for some reason.

Can post my shopping round later, but basically i can do around 40 combines a 30 min to 1 hour or so (not powerbaking and counting seconds when running around, doing it in a nice speed), could do more if i had the space (250 tailor, bank space is gone already), managed to do 300 combnies today (as a tailor, that was a very good montly combine session, this is REALLY nice and fast).

Get my eggs from ToV raids, never run out of eggs. The veggies are another matter, started buying them bigtime on a mule in bazaar, so i got them when i need them.

Only real problem is the finished pies, on my server they sell for around 10pp each or so, so offered my guildies to buy for 100pp a stack, seems to be selling nice so far, but still 24 skillup points yet. How do these sell in bazaar normally, dont wanna overload my mule for months with them.

Comment

Originally posted by Noni DeeCups
                            Now that PoP is out - You can get everything you need in one zone... Plane of Knowledge.

I LOVE PoK
                            Where do you find JumJum Stalks in the Plane of Knowledge?

Comment

I dont think Jum Jum is in PoK....I just get a bit from SH and go back when IM out. I also think that these are easy to make. Tho sucks that they arent trival at 250 grrr hehe. ALso a lil hint simce Im so stocked up. Check alchemy vendors for woven mandrake....the roots themselves are like 2p per root were as the woven is like 2p pre stack so its WAY cheaper ....people do woven for the skill up in tailoring then sell to vendors and generally alchemy since they make it right there. I have 8 stacks of woven hehe so you do the math hehe. Have fun!

Comment

Based on info originally posted by Leliu Cantrips

Wanted to fix a couple errors with the Guide and reworking quantities for 60 combines at a time since it requires less space. This guide assumes your doing your work in SH and are coming from the bazaar.

Misty Thicket Picnics in ShadowHaven
                                Misty Thicket Picnic. Combine in oven 1 Picnic Basket, 1 Marmalade Sandwich, 1 JumJum Spiced Beer, 1 JumJum Salad, 1 Royal mints, 1 Mature Cheese, and 2 Slices of JumJum Cake. trivial >250, yield 4

Step 1: JumJum Spiced Beer x6
                                Combine 1 Barely, 1 Hops, 1 Spices, a Flask of Water, a Bottle, and 1 JumJum stalk in Brew Barrel. Brewing trivial 162, yields 10

Start off coming from the bazaar and hang a left up and head all the way up the stairs and head straight ahead. Take the second door on the left and look for Lander Furthers and purchase the following.
                                6 (7*) Barley
                                6 (7*) Hops
                                6 Bottles
                                Then head towards the shorty area of SH by the nexus zone. Pick up 6 (7*) Spices from the baking vendor next to the oven. Pick up 6 (7*) water from the food vendor right next to the tunnel to shortly land. Then pick up 6(7*) jum jums from Alorob Bolrodo (Lost Turnip). Next head to the breew barrel in the bar by the oven.

Step 2: Picnic Basket x6
                                Combine 1 Woven Mandrake and 1 Steel Boning in a sewing kit. Tailoring trivial 76, yields 10
                                A: Woven Mandrake. Combine 2 Mandrake Roots in a sewing kit. Tailoring trivial 66
                                B: Steel Boning. Combine 1 Small Brick of Ore, File, and a Flask of Water in forge. Smithing trivial 44
                                First head to the alchemy vendor and buy 12 mandrake roots and combine them in pairs in a tailoring kit into woven mandrake. Then buy 6 waters and 6 small bricks of ore. Combine a water, a small brick of ore and a file in the forge to get a steel boning. Then combine a boning and woven mandrake in the tailoring kit to get the baskets.

Step 3: Marmalade Sandwich x5
                                Combine 1 Loaf of Bread, and 1 apricot marmalade in mixing bowl. Baking trivial 99, yield 12
                                A:Apricot Marmalade. Combine 3 Frosting and 1 Fruit in oven/spit. Baking trivial 99, yield 6
                                First grab 3 frosting from the vendor right next to the oven and make the apricot marmalade in the oven. Then run to the bread vendor in the shorty area past the jum jum vendor. Buy 5 loafs of bread and do the sandwhich combines in your mixing bowl. If you fail one buy another bread and try again.

Step 4: JumJum Salad x6
                                Combine 1 Vegetable, 1 Lettuce, 1 JumJum, and 1 Fennel in mixing bowl. Baking Trivial 142, yields 10
                                Head back a little bit to the jumjum vendor and buy
                                6 (7*) JumJum
                                6 (7*) Lettuce
                                Then back track to the alchemy vendor and buy 6 Fennel once again do the combines in your mixing bowl infront of the vendor. If you fail a combine buy an additional fennel.

Step 5: Royal Mints x6
                                Combine 1 Frosting, and 1 Eucalyptus in mixing bowl. Baking trivial 76, yield 10
                                Grab 6 Frosting and 6 eucalyptus and combine them in your mixing bowl.

Step 6: Mature Cheese x6
                                Combine 1 Rennet and 2 Milk in a mixing bowl with a dairy spoon. Baking trivial 84, yield 10
                                Grab 6 rennet and 12 milks and combine 2 milks a rennet and your spoon in your mixing bowl.

Step 7: Slice of JumJum Cake
                                Combine 1 JumJum Cake in the oven. Baking trivial 152, yield 10
                                A: JumJum Cake. Combine 1 JumJum Stalk, 1 Clump of Dough, 1 Frosting and 1 Winter Chocolate with a Cake Round in an oven/spit. Baking trivial 166, yield 20
                                -2: Winter Chocolate. Combine 1 Brownie Parts, and 2 Frosting in mixing bowl. Baking trivial 95
                                I'll assume you've made a dough ahead of time probably with eggs that make more than one at a time.
                                Buy 3 frostings. Use 2 of them tok make the winter chcolate and then combine the chocolate, jumjum, dough and remaining frosting to make the cake.

Utensils:

File. Combine 1 Metal Bit, 1 File Mold, and a Flask of Water in forge. Smithing trivial 22

Dairy Spoon. Combine 1 Scaler Mold, a Water Flask and 2 Metal Bits in forge. Smithing trivial 86

Metal Bits. Combine 2 Small Pieces of Ore and a Flask of Water in forge. Smithing trivial 20

Clump of Dough. Combine 1 Flour, 1 Milk, and 1 Egg in mixing bowl. Baking trivial 20

Master Shopping list

Yield: 60 attempts (400 picnics)
                                Assumes utensils and dough are already made

Store Bought

Alchemy:
                                Callowolf MacFuller (122, 1236)
                                12 Mandrake Root

Polson Medicinal (133, 1196)
                                6 Eucalyptus
                                6 Fennel

Baking:
                                Guy Next to the oven outside the alchemy vendors
                                12 Frosting
                                12 Milk
                                6 Spice

Halfling past the Guy who sells turnips
                                6 loaf of bread

Alorob Bolrodo (Lost Turnip)
                                13 JumJum Stalks
                                6 Lettuce

Granger Kenforth (16, 1166)
                                6 Rennet
                                12 Milk

Brewing:
                                Lander Furthers (172, 330)
                                6 Barley
                                6 Hops
                                6 Bottles

Smithing:
                                Smithy Firehand (33, 1306)
                                6 small brick of ore

Other/Common:
                                12 water

Foraged/Hunted
                                1 brownie parts
                                6 vegetables
                                1 fruit

I recommend against prebuying all the parts since you 1 always have to deal with fails and 2 it ends up taking up space which is at a premium when doing these.

I recommend having 3 10 slot bags empty at the start along with an empty spit, the hunted/foraged components and the dough already purchased/made. I also assume that you have all the utensils made.

* When purchasing cheap supplies I recommend either doing the combines right infront of the vendors or purchasing extra's in case of failier. The number in () is recommended number. If you have left overs just destroy them. Especially true of the brewed stuff since it's accross the zone from the rest of thes tuff.

Note- I'm not able to access in game stuff right now so I don't have the names of a couple vendors. Will update with this info some point later.
                                Taraddar SnowEagle

Comment

Working...
                                X