Where to Begin in 2016?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to Begin in 2016?

I recently returned to EQ to find the amazing free beginner assistance to each tradeskill to 50+ in Crescent Reach. I recall that a similar, if somewhat more cumbersome, method existed in Abysmal Sea. I recall that there was some additional benefit, perhaps additional combines, that could be made if you did the Abysmal Sea route, but cannot recall what it was. After a 30 minute search here, I can find no mention of basic skill up training in these 2 zones and any differences? If doing them in CR, one gets significant positive Crystalwing faction, but I don't know what one gets in Abysmal, and would like advice? Thanks! I also have not seen any guide here to using the trade skill competition quests in Freeport

You are correct that doing the Abysmal quests can help you gain skills to "refine GoD components", not likely worth it unless you are a really die hard tradeskiller. No current skills need those refined materials any more. I'd just do the Crescent reach ones (and that is what I do when I start on a new toon).

As for the trophy quests, they can be found here. I think they are mostly up to date.

I strongly suggest doing them right after you get to 50/54 (the beginner tasks). The ingredient farming can get painful if you wait until you get to 300.
    Last edited by Aanuvane; 04-27-2016, 01:02 PM.
    Aanuvane Bristlecone - Druid - Povar via Quellious via Rodcet Nife
    AKA Muertenie, Melodee, Orelinde, Nounie, Gnomess, Cininea Ashryn, Mairede or a host of additional alts. Maybe also be found on Rabon, Kynsh or Atracker.

Comment

Working...
    X