Beastlord Spells at Level 87

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beastlord Spells at Level 87

At Beastlord 87, there are 5 spells and one tome. As we have no one in the family to research times, no discussion on the Flurry of Claws.

The other five items are spells all having precedent with Beastlords or other classes. I attempted them all and each produced the message that it could not be combined in this container.
    There were
    a single target heal
    a pet heal
    a single target slow
    a single target disease damage over time
    a group buff to increase attack

Not complicated nor multipurpose. But no combine.
    Just a rant, whine, moan

I was actually trying to work on some Beastlord spells the other day as well and they definitely don't follow what *should* be the recipe based on what they do. What I was wondering was if there was maybe a chance that they are incorrectly container limited. My hybrid isn't high enough yet to work on spells at that level. For example, I've done some spell experimenting with priests - there are many shaman spells that a druid cannot make (but a necro can).

I have a tome capable researcher, I'll see if I can monkey around with Flurry. If you have hints on what it should be to help me along (I've not done tome experimenting before), let me know.
    Aanuvane Bristlecone - Druid - Povar via Quellious via Rodcet Nife
    AKA Muertenie, Melodee, Orelinde, Nounie, Gnomess, Cininea Ashryn, Mairede or a host of additional alts. Maybe also be found on Rabon, Kynsh or Atracker.

Comment

I have no experience with tomes. I am considering going forth with it on my 72 Rogue as she will have no spells/scrolls at all, but even were she skilled, it is my understanding that rogue could not make beastlord tomes anyway. Are not tome researchers limited to tomes for their own class? Or can they do for all melee if of that category and tanks for tanks? I think I had a tome researcher make one for us once, but I forget exactly how (categorically) he qualified.

Comment

Interesting, I was always under the impression that at least initially, only melee could research tomes. Looking through the recipes provided from scribing the related sortilege book, I can see shadowknight and ranger tomes...

Edit: Oh and my Tome researcher is a rogue.
        Last edited by Aanuvane; 11-24-2015, 05:23 PM.
        AKA Muertenie, Melodee, Orelinde, Nounie, Gnomess, Cininea Ashryn, Mairede or a host of additional alts. Maybe also be found on Rabon, Kynsh or Atracker.

Comment

Golly, this requires memory and sorting through messages from years ago. From here I copy

Research Kits

Spell Research has been expanded to other classes besides Enchanters, Magicians, Necromancers and Wizards (otherwise referred to as INT casters). Int Casters can still craft any spell and any song, but they cannot craft tomes. Priests (clerics, druids and shamen) can craft priest spells, bards can craft songs, hybrids (rangers, beastlords, paladins and shadowknights) can craft hybrid spells and melee (warriors, berserkers, rogues and monks) can craft tomes. Each group has their own Research Kit in which they can perform combines. Int casters use a Spell Research Kit, Bards use a Song Writing Kit, Priests use a Prayer Writing Kit, Hybrids use a Hybrid Research kit and Melee use a Tome Binding Kit. These items can be purchased from the various Research merchants that have been added to the Plane of Knowledge and all starting cities as well as Corathus Creep and Arcstone.

So, it appears that not all classes who use tomes may make tomes.

Comment

I did it!

http://mboards.eqtraders.com/eq/show...286#post249286

There is your tome. I did it with my Rogue.

Comment

Indeed you did! And not only that, you got combines on (all?) the other beastlord 87's too, where I got failure to combine. CONGRATULATIONS! Fortunately, I did not rush out with shards to buy the spells so with your information I can proceed to make my own.

Comment

There are two that aren't combining as expected:

Jorra's Mending - the recipe that it *should* be made Wilap's mending instead. I played around for a while and couldn't discover a recipe for Jorra's

Spiritual Valor - the recipe that should make it isn't working. I played around for a while longer, but couldn't find a combination that would work.

but I did get Sha's Reprisal to eventually combine (it's actually missing an ingredient, but it worked so....) and Shiverback Endemic to combine just fine.

Comment

Working...
                X