Older spells and skilling up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Older spells and skilling up

So I've decided to bring my druid's spell research up so I can confirm recipes in prayer writing kits (I already leveled up a rogue and have also started on a ranger[shoot me now]) and I'm running into what I think is some recipe weirdness. Now I know many would say "don't bother with non-rank 2 spells", but I'm a vendor-diving hoarder and I happen to have lots of ingredients available for spells from level 50 on up (and a fair number of ingredients for 35 - 49). So I started trying to confirm some spells as I'm leveling. I'm finding the spells that can be researched seems really inconsistent OR I suppose it's entirely possible if some of these lower level spells can be researched, the recipe doesn't have anything to do with the recipes that were discovered for the higher level spells. Does anyone know if when EQ converted over to the new spell research system, did they just miss/skip a bunch of spells? Or should I continue to try and discover their recipes? It's a bit maddening. I really hate finding the inconsistent recipes.
    Aanuvane Bristlecone - Druid - Povar via Quellious via Rodcet Nife
    AKA Muertenie, Melodee, Orelinde, Nounie, Gnomess, Cininea Ashryn, Mairede or a host of additional alts. Maybe also be found on Rabon, Kynsh or Atracker.

Originally posted by Aanuvane View Post
    So I've decided to bring my druid's spell research up so I can confirm recipes in prayer writing kits (I already leveled up a rogue and have also started on a ranger[shoot me now]) and I'm running into what I think is some recipe weirdness. Now I know many would say "don't bother with non-rank 2 spells", but I'm a vendor-diving hoarder and I happen to have lots of ingredients available for spells from level 50 on up (and a fair number of ingredients for 35 - 49). So I started trying to confirm some spells as I'm leveling. I'm finding the spells that can be researched seems really inconsistent OR I suppose it's entirely possible if some of these lower level spells can be researched, the recipe doesn't have anything to do with the recipes that were discovered for the higher level spells. Does anyone know if when EQ converted over to the new spell research system, did they just miss/skip a bunch of spells? Or should I continue to try and discover their recipes? It's a bit maddening. I really hate finding the inconsistent recipes.
    If anyone would know, it'd probably be Ngreth.
    Muse Doremi Fasolatido, 99.4% retired
    Magelo || AllaKhazam

Comment

Ok, well now I'm just going to vent....

If you ever wondered....

Apparently all older shaman spells can't be made in a prayer writing kit - so far I'm up to Used parchments and I haven't yet been able to craft a shaman spell (they DNC). Druid and Cleric seem to be OK for what's been discovered.

Also, Why is it that the spell trivials progress nicely from spell scrolls to papyrus and even to parchment, but from parchment on rather than the trivial continuing to rise ~10 points per paper/level, they start jumping by 30s? /annoyed. Guess I stop now and figure out what to do with solutions to 243 and then go back to fine parchment.
      Aanuvane Bristlecone - Druid - Povar via Quellious via Rodcet Nife
      AKA Muertenie, Melodee, Orelinde, Nounie, Gnomess, Cininea Ashryn, Mairede or a host of additional alts. Maybe also be found on Rabon, Kynsh or Atracker.

Comment

Working...
      X