Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Symbol restrictions

Hey-

On the recipe page for TDS symbols like Boundless vicious symbol of the Fire Lord, there's a notation that says that scribing the book "Boundless Jewelcraft Weapon Augments" will allow the recipe to be learned without experimentation.

So, I just attempted that combine with my 300 +12% jeweler, and I got the "something doesn't seem right" message. I'm not sure if the problem is that the book MUST be scribed to attempt the combine (which would require TDS, since the book is only available in a TDS zone), but I don't have TDS, and attempting the combine in experiment mode didn't work, so it may be worth running down the actual problem and then updating the notation on the recipe pages appropriately.
    Ironic Disposition
    Half-Elf Paladin, Saryrn (not Bertox nor Mithaniel Marr, no matter what SoE says)
    300 baking/brewing/fletching/jewelcraft/pottery/smithing/tailoring/research
    300 alchemy (alt)
    300 tinkering (alt)

The book is available in PoK on Scribe Zikett and it only costs 10p4g9s9c.

But they're only good if you're level 101 and you can't get to 101 without TDS - are you trying to craft something for a friend?
    Aanuvane Bristlecone - Druid - Povar via Quellious via Rodcet Nife
    AKA Muertenie, Melodee, Orelinde, Nounie, Gnomess, Cininea Ashryn, Mairede or a host of additional alts. Maybe also be found on Rabon, Kynsh or Atracker.

Comment

Thanks for the info: Allakhazam shows that book, as well as the one for bow symbols, as only being available from Artisan Antemm in Katta Castrum: Deluge, so I've posted there so they can update their pages.

And yeah, I was trying to do a combine for another player who's desperate to make their crafted level 101+ 2HS into something less sucky.
      Ironic Disposition
      Half-Elf Paladin, Saryrn (not Bertox nor Mithaniel Marr, no matter what SoE says)
      300 baking/brewing/fletching/jewelcraft/pottery/smithing/tailoring/research
      300 alchemy (alt)
      300 tinkering (alt)

Comment

Does this apply to Ancient Arrows also?

Comment

All of the books are available on Scribe Zikett and most of them are really cheap. I know you can scribe the book to learn the recipe, but no one has confirmed that it's required to do so.
          AKA Muertenie, Melodee, Orelinde, Nounie, Gnomess, Cininea Ashryn, Mairede or a host of additional alts. Maybe also be found on Rabon, Kynsh or Atracker.

Comment

But, what about the level / TDS requirement?

The last time I remember this was the collection of binding powder recipes.

Comment

There does not appear to be a TDS requirement for the ancient arrows nor a skill level. I was able to purchase and scribe the book on a level 86 Druid with a fletching skill of 56. The account does not have TDS. I can see and appear to attempt the recipe in a fletching table. None of the TDS recipes appear to require a minimum skill, though whether scribing the books is required or optional appear to still be some question. All the books are available on Scribe Zikett in PoK and as I mentioned previously most of them are under 50pp except for August armor book.

Comment

Working...
              X