IRL - great ice cream base

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IRL - great ice cream base

If you like making ice cream, I've found this base that is excellent (it's actually from Ben & Gerry's):

2 eggs ( I personally use eggs from a farmer's market or get Pete & Gerry's eggs - available at Whole Foods, Hannaford, and Shaws)
    3/4 cup of sugar
    1 cup of milk
    2 cups of heavy cream (not whipping).

Beat the eggs until they're fluffy and continue to beat them for 1-2 minutes more.
    Add sugar (as they say, a little at a time) and whisk it in - whisk until it is fluffy again
    Add in the milk and cream (slowly), mixing / whisking until it is well blended.

Simple, 4 ingredients, and it's incredible (makes about 1 quart). All you need to figure out is to add in your own flavoring, for example:

1/3 cuip of cake mix (cake batter)

1/2 to 2/3 cup of brownie mix (brownie batter)

1 over-ripe (brown spotty) banana, crushed, for banana flavored (add in 1/4 to 1/3 cup of strawberry juice (from frozen strawberries?) to give it a slight strawberry flavor, add in 1/3 to 1/2 cup of strawberries 2-5 minutes before it's done in the chiller.

Don't add in the milk, put 1 oz of baker's chocolate and I think 1/2 cup of cocoa and the milk in a double boiler, let it get liquidy then add it to the base.
    Draggar De'Vir
    92 Assassin - Povar

Xzorsh
    57 Druid of Tunare - Povar
    47 Druid of Tunare - Lockjaw

Hark! Who is that, prowling along the fields! It is Draggar De'VIr, hands clutching two hardened pitas! He cries gutterally: "In the name of Thor the Mighty, I hereby void your warranty, and send you back to God!!!"

"No one can predict the future, so we all should eat our desserts first!" - Gaye from 'The Maelstorm's Eye" (Cloakmaster's Cycle book 3)
Working...
X