Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has raw-hide gorget drop rate been nerfed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has raw-hide gorget drop rate been nerfed?

I used to destroy these or even not bother looting them, now it seems extremely difficult to get one.

Hunted mucktails and went from level 20 to 28 - had not a single piece of raw-hide armor drop.

Hit S. Ro, 3 hours later one dropped off of a dervish (and oddly, FAILED with a skill level of 55?).

Spent another 4 hours in S. Ro and 2 more just non-stop killing orcs just west of the lake (formerly the oasis). With the orcs I had every piece of raw-hide drop at least 5 times but not a single gorget.

Seriously, the guise of the hunter and the burnoose of the halfbreed were easier than this! 14+ hours camping an item for a beginner trophy??
    Draggar De'Vir
    92 Assassin - Povar

Xzorsh
    57 Druid of Tunare - Povar
    47 Druid of Tunare - Lockjaw

Hark! Who is that, prowling along the fields! It is Draggar De'VIr, hands clutching two hardened pitas! He cries gutterally: "In the name of Thor the Mighty, I hereby void your warranty, and send you back to God!!!"

"No one can predict the future, so we all should eat our desserts first!" - Gaye from 'The Maelstorm's Eye" (Cloakmaster's Cycle book 3)

When I did this recently, I went to one of the Ro's where there is a small group of zombies around a few stones - they repop really really fast and I was getting raw hide with some regularity - got two gorgets in under an hour.

Specifically - North Ro at the undead ruins which is marked on my map, but is found at 6320, -861
    Last edited by Aanuvane; 05-07-2014, 07:34 AM.
    Aanuvane Bristlecone - Druid - Povar via Quellious via Rodcet Nife
    AKA Muertenie, Melodee, Orelinde, Nounie, Gnomess, Cininea Ashryn, Mairede or a host of additional alts. Maybe also be found on Rabon, Kynsh or Atracker.

Comment

I decided to pull out my 85 druid to help with this - get a ton of agro then cast tremor. I've been doing this at the camp you suggested (BTW - fairly easy, he still gets agro with the undead there). A few pieces of RH armor dropped but not many. No gorgets.

I've done about 10ish pulls now averaging 8-10 mobs per pull.

Do you remember when you did it? Maybe something happened with the last patch (or two?).
      Draggar De'Vir
      92 Assassin - Povar

Xzorsh

Hark! Who is that, prowling along the fields! It is Draggar De'VIr, hands clutching two hardened pitas! He cries gutterally: "In the name of Thor the Mighty, I hereby void your warranty, and send you back to God!!!"

"No one can predict the future, so we all should eat our desserts first!" - Gaye from 'The Maelstorm's Eye" (Cloakmaster's Cycle book 3)

Comment

I probably did it 3 months ago. Find me in game Draggar, I'm on Povar too and have an extra.
        AKA Muertenie, Melodee, Orelinde, Nounie, Gnomess, Cininea Ashryn, Mairede or a host of additional alts. Maybe also be found on Rabon, Kynsh or Atracker.

Comment

LOL - I just got one on my 3rd clear of that camp.

Make that two.

Comment

Got on right after patch, in 10 rounds I got one gorget. Let's hope my toon succeeds this time!
            Draggar De'Vir
            92 Assassin - Povar

Xzorsh

Comment

well if you have to horrible luck to fail again - I managed to score 4 in under an hour last night. Find me.

Comment

I know this is a very late reply, but this might help other returning players with their Raw-Hide Gorget:

I spent two days! in South Ro killing orcs, undead, anything that moved... trying to get it to drop. I finally got tired of the desert, and took my rogue and cleric to Permafrost to say hi to Lady Vox.

On the way through to her, I got no less than 3 gorgets as loot killing goblins.

If I recall precisely, "a goblin X" were the mobs dropping them - the ones at the entrance to the zone that range from levels 13-25'ish. I know the first one dropped from "a goblin mendicant".

If anyone does decide to get their gorgets there, keep in mind, the goblins are social, and will still agro you when they are grey as grey can be - my rogue is 46, and my cleric is 68 - they were still agro'ing both characters (a good thing, for me, since I hadn't planned on killing them, but possibly bad for any lower level players), and they run at low health.

As great as that was, I kind of felt like killing kittens, lol, after wasting all that time in South Ro.

Comment

I concur that the Blightfire Mucktail gnolls that used to be the easiest way of getting these no longer appear to drop rawhide armor at all. The OP said they spent hours killing orcs just west of the lake in South Ro, but that sounds like rotten luck, or the wrong spot.

The group of teen-level orcs right on the beachline of the west side of that lake respawn SO amazingly fast, maybe even less than a minute, and they drop rawhide regularly. It's just a matter of killing enough to beat the RNG and get the gorget. I ended up having to get three gorgets thanks to two bad luck failed combines in a row, and all three times, I got it in a matter of minutes clearing the 8-10 orcs on that west beach. They'd start respawning before I could finish killing them, as a level 80!

Comment

Working...
                  X