Skill cap above level 60?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Skill cap above level 60?

I've heard rumors that the skill cap that applies to alchemists who are level 60 and below may not apply above. Have searched the forums here, and on the Shaman's Crucible, but not seen anything on it. If it's possible for me to hit 200 skill (which is apparently the hard cap) at level 61, I'd dearly love to know about it... but I don't feel like wasting tons of plat if it's not do-able. Anybody have any hard facts about this, or is it just rumor?
    Shanelle Heartogold
    Witchdoctor of 62 winters
    Tarew Marr

You can go to 200 but not untill you are level 64. It's still capped at +5 per level till 200. But at 200, you can try for a GMT now!
    Enfiniti Starr
    Pathfinder of the great Rain God, Karana
    Ayonae Ro

Comment

At one point we were (mistakenly) told that alchemy could go above 200 with the advent of PoP. This has turned out to not be the case.

However, yes, 200 is now the maximum skill that one can reach. My shammie has 13 points to go, but already made her trophy.

Comment

Niami, GRATZ on getting your Alchemy GMT! Make sure to tell use when you hit 200 !
        Enfiniti Starr
        Pathfinder of the great Rain God, Karana
        Ayonae Ro

Comment

I am Level 61 Shaman and my Alcemey is at 185 now. So I can get 5 more points per lvl capping at 200.

My current question is at 185 skill can I combine the artisians seal and the mystical apptityude potion and get the GM Trophy or do I have to wait until skill 200?

Also if i can do it at Lvl 61 with 185 skill what are the chances of being successful?

Comment

You can make the attempt for the GM trophy at skill level 1, just your odds of success will be low.

185+ Philosopher's stone (assuming you have it) would be a pretty good chance at success. Unfortunately, the trophy is too new to have any real good data on success rates, so it is hard to predict just what your chances are. If you don't have the stone (or the swarm orb from VT), I would recommend holding off on making a trophy attempt until you get above 190 at least. That is, unless you are rich enough that you can make 3-4 attempts (artisan seals are X-Penn-Seive) without draining the bank account completely.

Comment

Success rate in the 180-200 range has been fairly high, but we're all still slaves to the random number generator. I've only made one attempt so far at 181 skill with no modifiers, and failed. I'll try again when I have some more money.
              [65 Prophet] Rathelon Steelbear
              Clan Steelbear - E'ci

Grandmaster Alchemist
              Master Blacksmith
              Master Potter
              Master Brewer

Comment

/sigh, I have had such poor luck.

5 attempts at the trophy with a skill of 200 (no modifier/aa skill howver) has yielded nothing but a hole in my pocket :b I shall have my trophy one day, just not today :b

Comment

Find yourself an alchemists' geerlok to help out. Unfortunately they are on the expensive side (in comparison to other geerloks but worth it when attemptin your trophy <200).

On a side note: I think it's rather pissy that one has to buy PoP to obtain 200 in a tradeskill and think the shamans of Norrath should unite in protest! No other trade requires PoP to reach 200, so why should my sweet Iksar (snickers) be stuck at 185 (yeh I have PoP but it's the principle I protest :!: )
                  http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=565382Visit Magelo Profile

Comment

Working...
                  X