Cloth Bolt vs. Leather Roll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cloth Bolt vs. Leather Roll

Did I sense a FUBAR with the Cloth Bolt/Leather Roll in CotF tailoring?
    Leather rolls (which were dropping before the expansion) seem to permeate the tailoring recipes yet Cloth Bolts seem to have no place (that I have yet seen)?
    Opinions, corrections, thoughts?
    Squeaky Toy
    300 Smithing 7/7 - 300 Tailoring 7/7 - 300 Jewelcraft 7/7 - 300 Tinkering 7/7 - 300 Pottery 7/7 - 300 Research 7/7 - 300 Baking 7/7 - 300 Brewing 7/7 - 300 Fletching 7/7
    The Meanest Tradeskiller on Cazic Thule

The cloth bolts are use in 2 recipes (so far). They are the Dimensional Warrior Greaves and Dimesional Warrior Gauntlets.

Comment

It's also used in 3 of the temporal solider chain recipes. But I think the OPs point might have been questioning why the silk recipes all use leather rolls? I don't think all these recipes make much sense right now either. I don't know if they'll change them eventually or not.
      Aanuvane Bristlecone - Druid - Povar via Quellious via Rodcet Nife
      AKA Muertenie, Melodee, Orelinde, Nounie, Gnomess, Cininea Ashryn, Mairede or a host of additional alts. Maybe also be found on Rabon, Kynsh or Atracker.

Comment

A little late to the thread, but I think it was changed cause the silk recipes in the original beta I remember having used the cloth bolts. But it could very well that the current Dev in charge of TSs stupidly went and changed them so that they all use the leather rolls; since he did a similarly stupid thing more recently with the revised cultural armor tailoring recipes. The guy has no comprehension of TS's and is just looking for ways to make it so he can be lazy with the recipes as far as I can see. Similar to how he half-assed Research so much that they still don't result in the correct spells; which he was told about in beta.

Comment

along those same lines like the fact that the new alternate cultural recipes for SILK use animal pelts and the logic is "because both chain and plate take ore, then both leather and silk should use animal pelts". I think I might just agree with your call out for laziness. Even though it's been pointed out that his logic is completely flawed based on the global drop rate for animal pelts versus silks.
          Aanuvane Bristlecone - Druid - Povar via Quellious via Rodcet Nife
          AKA Muertenie, Melodee, Orelinde, Nounie, Gnomess, Cininea Ashryn, Mairede or a host of additional alts. Maybe also be found on Rabon, Kynsh or Atracker.

Comment

Working...
          X