AC in crafted armors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AC in crafted armors

I made a little chart which clearly points out what we've been saying for almost a year now. Cultural chain's AC needs to be fixed. Take a look at each set's breastplate AC:

[code:1]
    BD CT PoN PoS Elem
    Plate 51 50 45 51 --
    Chain 30 45 40 41 52
    Leather 21 20 18 25 33
    Silk 15 13 14 20 25[/code:1]

As you can see, BD lies between PoN and PoS on all but chain.

But, the AC on PoP and CT chain is proportionately more than the other classes. Personally I think this needs to be leveled a bit even if it means reducing the AC on some sets. Something like this (yes, I also tinkered with silk a little).

[code:1]
    BD CT PoN PoS Elem
    Plate 51 50 45 51 --
    Chain 41 40 36 45 52
    Leather 21 20 18 25 33
    Silk 16 15 14 20 25[/code:1]

Whatcha think?

Methinks someone typed in a 3 instead of a 4 for chain armors :P
    Arbelac Phoenixrider
    Lord Protector
    Saryrn

222+5% Blacksmithing
    180 Brewing
    135 Fishing
    And other assorted skills

Comment

well if you count soveriegn chain as chain (yeah yeah i know)

then bd chain goes down to like 15 ac for the tunic :P
      Oberan Lifebringer
      Archon of Innoruuk
      < Magus Imperialis Magicus >
      < Slayer of Kerafyrm >
      < Rallos Zek Server >
      < 1750 Club >

Comment

Originally posted by Arbelac
        Methinks someone typed in a 3 instead of a 4 for chain armors :P
        Nah, I've actually seen most of these items firsthand, and the AC he posted is accurate.

---

Daethaan, you make a very good point though and I do agree with you. The difficulty between Chain and Plate armor is almost the exact same in every instance except that you do a few combines differently.

However, they have stated that they are looking into adjusting some of the stats on these armors and hopefully (crosses fingers) the silk, leather and chain armors will be their primary focus. In a lot of cases, these armors fall significantly short of what someone would expect compared to the plate. Of course, (and I hate to go off topic) the Storms armor could use to be looked at in all cases since it is significantly harder to make than Cultural yet, in a lot of cases, isn't as good as Cultural.

Your point is very convincing in my opinion though. As always, the best way for Sony to see these suggestions or feedback is to use the Developer's Corner, [email protected] or the /feedback command.

Comment

Nah, I've actually seen most of these items firsthand, and the AC he posted is accurate.
          Pretty sure Arbelac meant Sony mistyped it, and meant it to be higher. He was likely joking, hence the happy face, but anything is possible, hehe.

Comment

I think the plate should be significantly higher AC than the chain. And the 5-10 points does not do that. Think of the logistics of the armor for a minute. Plate is chain mail WITH sheets of metal strapped over it. I think the disparity in the PoP armor should be consistant with the BD armor. So instead, I think someone typed a 4 where they meant a 3. =P
            Uban the Wizard
            Luclin (formerly of Stormhammer (formerly of Bristlebane))

Comment

I'd like to point out that you have CT and cultural for chain and plate as being essentially identical. However cultural has a recommended level of 46 IIRC while CT armor has a required level of 51. Also given that the drops for racial cultural (BDs in particular) drop off mobs that can be as low as the mid to high 40s, while CT components drop off mobs that are 50 and up.

It would would make more sense to me if the cultural plate was left alone, cultural chain AC was bummed up about 5 to 10 AC points, CT chain was left alone, and CT plate was bumped up a couple of AC points. This would take into account level restrictions and difficulty in aquiring components more. However, that might mean that the PoP armor would also need small AC upgrades.

Comment

Originally posted by Glatius2
                I'd like to point out that you have CT and cultural for chain and plate as being essentially identical. However cultural has a recommended level of 46 IIRC while CT armor has a required level of 51. Also given that the drops for racial cultural (BDs in particular) drop off mobs that can be as low as the mid to high 40s, while CT components drop off mobs that are 50 and up.

It would would make more sense to me if the cultural plate was left alone, cultural chain AC was bummed up about 5 to 10 AC points, CT chain was left alone, and CT plate was bumped up a couple of AC points. This would take into account level restrictions and difficulty in aquiring components more. However, that might mean that the PoP armor would also need small AC upgrades.
                I made a long post about this in the General forum... Here's the jist of it:

Oh, and looking over my suggested progression for armours (which should apply to tailored and smithed armours, IMHO), I think the Nightmare armours should be the ones to have their Trivials lowered to ~220-240. Armour that is less useful/powerful than BD Cultural should be easier to make than BD Cultural.

One last thing... Please stop looking at tradeskills (especially armours) from a Level 60+/high-end Guild point of view. At the very best, Nightmare armours should be slightly lower AC but better stats/saves than BD Cultural (and remember, I'm advocating increasing the AC on BD-Cultural Chain &amp; possibly Leather).

Which reminds me... The AC on armours should be:
                100%: Plate.
                80%: Chain.
                60%: Leather.
                40%: Silk.

This makes a BD Cultural BP/Tunic:
                Plate: AC 51. Chain: AC 40. Leather: AC 30. Silk: AC 20.
                Tae Ew crafted BP/Tunic:
                Plate: AC 55. Chain: AC 44. Leather: AC 33. Silk: AC 22.
                Hurricane BP/Tunic:
                Plate: AC 60. Chain: AC 48. Leather: AC 36. Silk: AC 24.
                Elemental BP/Tunic:
                Plate: AC 70. Chain: AC 56. Leather: AC 42. Silk: AC 28.

P.S. The AC on Ornate Mold armours for Leather &amp; Silk classes should be upped somewhat to fit into this progression. It seems silly that the Ornate Robe should have the same AC as the BD Cultural.
                If you put the Nightmare Plate BP at 45 AC, the Chain would be 36, Leather 27 &amp; Silk 18.

Note that Acrylia is fairly close to this... Acrylia Plate BP: AC 30, Chain BP: 22 (should be 24), Leather: 14 (should be 18), low-leather: 11 (should be 12).

P.S. I think the AC on Cultural Plate Bracers is too high at 25. I think 20 would have been just fine, but changing it now would cause a massive uproar.
                Angelsyn Whitewings, Cleric of Tunare for 66! Seasons.
                Grandmistress Smith - 300, Grandmistress Tailor - 300, Potter - 300, Jeweler - 300, Brewer - 200, Baker - 200, Fletcher - 200, Fisherwoman - 169
                Keyne Falconer, Paladin of Erollisi Marr for 66 Seasons.
                Grandmistress Baker - 300, Grandmistress Blacksmith - 300, Potter - 200, Brewer - 139, Tailor - 91

Comment

I think everyone is making really good points. However, I want to clarify one thing. The PoP and CT armors both trivial above 250, but if you look at success rates from 250 tradesfolk cultural is about 50% while PoP and CT is 75% or more. So while CT and PoP materials are harder to acquire this is partially balanced by the success rate.

Comment

Working...
                  X