I can't get the recipie for this spell! Hungry Flames

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I can't get the recipie for this spell! Hungry Flames

Hungry flames is a level 80 Magician spell from SoD expansion, so it should be researchable.
    It doesn't have a direct predecessor.
    It gives you a large Damage shield for 10 hits then 'fades' into a larger DS for 10 hits, then "fades" into an even larger ds for the final 10 hits.
    I tried basing my recipie off its closest relative, searing skin, which is in the database, and substituting the correct level spell scroll.
    So:
    Fine Runic Charta Arcanum
    Invigorating Thickener
    Ink of Pain
    Quill of the Arch Convoker
    Ink additive of the Nameless
    is a DNC.
    Looking through the research books nothing jumped out at me as anything I could change up either.
    Anyone have any ideas?
    Angry Bakeing Iksar formerlly of Vallon Zek, now gimping up the Bristlebane server

Two ideas come immediately to mind.

The level 76 damage shield spell uses Ink of Ro in additition of Ink of Pain, so that might be worth trying.

You are basing your recipe on Searing Skin by what I can see, which does not use the Ink of Ro, but only provides one short term damage shield. Since Hungry Flames provides a damage shield that procs additional shields, it is also possible that you need multiple Ink of Pain (2 or 3 of them) to make the recipe workable, as that would be in line with other spells with multiple effects.

So try an Ink of Ro, or multiple Ink of Pain, or try both.

Comment

I tried combinations of ink of pain and ro up to three of each. Still no love
      I had forgotten about using multiple inks though. Good thought!
      I think I'll try Ro's ink additive, (perhaps as a mistake) next.
      Angry Bakeing Iksar formerlly of Vallon Zek, now gimping up the Bristlebane server

Comment

nope didnt work. yuck

Comment

Working...
        X