Coloring New Backpacks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coloring New Backpacks

Wondering if anyone has experience with coloring the new Fantastic and Legendary packs. If so, are the coloring methods actually different for Legendary & Fantastic? I was helping someone with making dyes & we ran into several recipes that didn't want to work with her particular bag. It seems that the "basic" colors work without difficulty - Red, Blue, Green, Black, Yellow. But we ran into trouble with others.

For Tailored Legendary Orange Backpack, EQTraders lists - Red Rust Dye, Tailored Legendary Backpack, but according to my friend did not work.

The recipe for Tailored Fantastic White Backpack = Light Yellow Dye, Lye, Tailored Fantastic Backpack also worked fine for the Legendary version.

But when we tried using the recipe listed with Tailored Fantastic Pink Backpack on a Legendary backpack, it did not work.

Tailored Fantastic Pink Backpack posted on EQTraders is Red Dye, Tailored Fantastic Backpack, Yellow Dye.

However, after some experimentation and a hint from a guildie of hers, it turns out that Tailored Legendary Pink Backpack is actually Light Yellow Dye, Red Dye, Lye, Tailored Legendary Backpack. (Actually not sure if it was Pack or Backpack, but I will confirm and put in database update info).

Does anyone know the story on this? It seems some colors work the same for both Legendary and Fantastic bags, while others do not. And others don't seem to work at all. I don't have the skill to personally experiment, but it seems a little inconsistent. Does anyone have more experience with these who can say whether or not there is a consistent pattern that is not readily apparent?

Thanks - B

If you purchase and scribe the book from the gnome in sunrise hills - you'll get all the recipes without having to experiment. That is where I got all the recipes from that have been posted here to the site thus far by me. I do know that scribing the book does not indicate all colors are available for each class of bag and of each class - only the packs and backpacks can be dyed. None of the other types of bags are presenting dye recipes from scribing the book anyway.

For Tailored Fantastic - I have recipes for blue, black, green, orange, pink, purple, red, white and yellow - but again - only for packs and backpacks. You cannot appear to be able to dye the other types of bags?

For Tailored Legendary - I have recipes for blue, black, green, orange, red, yellow - no pink, purple or white and again - only for packs and backpacks.

I have corrected the recipe for the Tailored Fantastic Pink pack/backpack -I have confirmed both were missing a lye.

In my tradeskill window, I can confirm that the recipe for a Tailored Legendary Orange Backpack is Red Rust Dye and the backpack or pack. It does not appear to work with any bags other than backpacks and packs though. That being said, I haven't actually tried to click combine - but the recipe is listed in my tradeskill window, the dye and backpack are in the boxes to the right - it looks like it should work

Edit: Checking Lucy - it does appear that the Tailored Legendary are also available in White, pink and purple! The recipes just don't seem to come with the book? I've added them as items to EQTC tonight. Will add the recipes later this week
    Last edited by Aanuvane; 11-29-2010, 01:09 AM.
    Aanuvane Bristlecone - Druid - Povar via Quellious via Rodcet Nife
    AKA Muertenie, Melodee, Orelinde, Nounie, Gnomess, Cininea Ashryn, Mairede or a host of additional alts. Maybe also be found on Rabon, Kynsh or Atracker.

Comment

Aha! Cool.. thanks for clarification. It never actually occurred to me to look at my recipes since I don't have the skills yet to make those bags, even though I have scribed the books. *bonks self* I think I have an idea on purple, as I'm starting to see a pattern, but cannot confirm at the moment. When I stop being lazy and actually do the combines with everything I have stocked, I'll try to test that out with my tailor. Will let you know if/when I have further information. Thanks a ton for all your hard work on these updates! -- B

Comment

Working...
      X