UF Bow Skillups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UF Bow Skillups

I mastered fletching years ago, the long hard way. Atm, I am maxing someone else's TS and I am stuck in fletching. I say stuck because I am making Elaborate Recurved Bow (375), Inured Recurve Bow (375) and Elegant Recurved Bow (468)
    I have made hundreds of these bows and have yet to have a single skill-up.
    What I want to know is, has anyone else attempted skilling up with these and had success?
    Are these combines bugged? I have not petitioned yet, but I am on the verge of it.
    Faint
    Master Artisian Enchanter
    Maelin (formally of Rallos Zek)(formally of Povar)
    Vietgnome - Master Tinkerer
    Siouxsie Sioux- Master Alchemist / Master Smith / Master Tailor
    Deathany - Master Tailor / Master Smith
    Jenacyde - Master Poison Maker

Without knowing your exact skill, it is hard to say.

Hundreds is also a very vague and non-descript term.

Yes you can go hundreds, even 1000+ combines without seeing a skill up.

If skill ups are broken, it would be on all combines of all skills on the server, not just 1 set of items.

Petitioning is not likely to help much.
    Shawlweaver Sphynx on Cazic Thule
    Master Artisan Aldier on Cazic Thule

Comment

From my experiences, tradeskills have changed over the years, i think they also changed the way skill-up was working.
      back in the days, you could skill-up on any item the same way if you were close to trivial or very far from trivial.

Nowaday, if you are too far from the trivial ( ie: you trying to make a bow marked 300 trivial while only having 50 skill.) you will get a malus on skill up the further you are from trivial.

I am not 100% sure about this whole thing, but it looked like it when i skilled-up my last toon.
      Gynko Byl'oba
      85 Human Cleric
      Master Artisan
      Travellers of Norrath
      Bertox-saryrn-mithaniel marr
      -------------

Comment

Nah, I skill up a lot faster now than I did in the old days. I can master smithing and tailoring and max both trophies in one day. and I do it quite often as so I can make Stalwart for all of the races.

And to hit on something that Aldier said, I guess you just have really really bad luck. I have never gone 1000 combines or anywhere remotely close without getting a skill up. That would just be crazy. I am not just talking out of the air. I have skilled 13 Master Artisians on different servers plus maxed smithing and tailoring on 7 of my own toons. I could never imagine even going 100 combines without a skill up.

again, it was just a very simple question that noone has answered.
        Faint
        Master Artisian Enchanter
        Maelin (formally of Rallos Zek)(formally of Povar)
        Vietgnome - Master Tinkerer
        Siouxsie Sioux- Master Alchemist / Master Smith / Master Tailor
        Deathany - Master Tailor / Master Smith
        Jenacyde - Master Poison Maker

Comment

Working...
        X