Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2600 SAGA Club (2,600 Super Artisan Grandmaster & Adventurer Club!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2600 SAGA Club (2,600 Super Artisan Grandmaster & Adventurer Club!)

Not to take away from anyone's accomplishments....

But let's face it, with the ores/silks/pelts/loams/spinnerettes that drop in great numbers these days.... getting to 300 in a skill is no where near the challenge it used to be.

So, I thought it would be fun to post a new club that even many of us old-school tradeskillers may not be able to join yet!

This club WILL be a true and major challenge to get into! At the very least, it most certainly will be a fun check list to work on completing, in my opinion!

Here are the qualifiers (some qualifers will change when changes are made to the game, such as increased levels, etc.):

NOTE: All qualifiers apply to a single character ONLY.. you cannot qualify yourself if all of these are spread over multiple characters (with the exceptions noted in the BONUS category).

SKILLS, LEVEL & RELATED AA'S

* Level 85

* 2,500+ AA's

* Salvage 6 (Requires AA expenditures)

* 300 Skill in all seven (7) Basic Skills + Research (Requires AA expenditures) (Research is where 300 of the 2,600 come into play)

* Mastery 3 in all seven (7) Basic Skills (Requires AA expenditures)

* Fishing 200 (Fishing is where 200 of the 2,600 comes into play)

ITEMS

* Maxed Tradeskill Trophy in all seven (7) Basic Skills + Research (15% Bonus)

* Cultural Smithing Hammer obtained

* Cultural Sewing Kit & Needle crafted (Dwarves do NOT get a free ride here... there is a kit and needle they can acquire)

* Artisan's Charm obtained (crafted)

BOOKS/SCROLLS

* All seven (7) vendor sold scribed Fletching Weapon Aug books/scrolls purchased and scribed (Blessed, Eminent, Exalted, Revered, Sacred, Sublime, Venerable)

* All seven (7) vendor sold scribed Jewelry Weapon Aug books/scrolls purchased and scribed (Blessed, Eminent, Exalted, Revered, Sacred, Sublime, Venerable)

* All six (6) vendor sold scribed Cultural (Racial) Smithing books/scrolls purchased and scribed (Elaborate, Elegant, Intricate, Ornate, Simple, Stalwart)

* All six (6) vendor sold scribed Cultural (Racial) Tailoring books/scrolls purchased and scribed (Elaborate, Elegant, Intricate, Ornate, Simple, Stalwart)

* All seven (7) vendor sold scribed Aug Smithing books/scrolls purchased and scribed (Blessed, Eminent, Exalted, Revered, Sacred, Sublime, Venerable)

* All seven (7) vendor sold scribed Aug Tailoring books/scrolls purchased and scribed (Blessed, Eminent, Exalted, Revered, Sacred, Sublime, Venerable)

* All fourteen (14) scribed Tailored Armor books/scrolls purchased and scribed (Basic, Next Step, III, IV, V, VI, VII, VIII, IX, X, XI, XII, XIII, XIV)

* All fourteen (14) scribed Smithed Armor books/scrolls purchased and scribed (Basic, Next Step, III, IV, V, VI, VII, VIII, IX, X, XI, XII, XIII, XIV)

* All six (6) scribed Charm books/scrolls purchased and scribed (Elaborate, Elegant, Intricate, Ornate, Simple, Stalwart)

* Both vendor scribed sold Seals books purchased and scribed (Seals of Power, Seals of the Soloist)

* Vendor sold scribed Bow Fletching book purchased and scribed (Recurve bows)

* The three (3) vendor sold scribed books/scrolls in Brell's rest (Ceramic Weapon Ornaments, Reaching Weapon Augs, Black Acrylia).

QUESTS

* Coldain Prayer Shawl 1.0 quest series completed (Version 8, Blessed Coldain Prayer Shawl)

* Coldain Ring series accomplished (Coldain Hero's Insignia Ring)

* Abysmal Sea Freebie Quests completed to refine Raw GoD Materials in all seven (7) basic skills accomplished (Research is not included in this one)

* New Tradeskill Trophy (from West Freeport) quested and obtained for all seven (7) Basic Skills + Research

* Aide Grimel Quest Series completed (Signet of the Arcane)

* Luclin Smithing Completed (Humming Luclinite Mallet and Vah Shir Anvil)

* The Three Manuals Quest Series completed (Secrets of the Planes)

* Chef Chowderly Quest completed (Chowderly's Grand Bowl)

* Reinforced Jewelry Kit obtained (quested)

* Fisherman's Companion obtained (quested)

* Eron's Jewelry Task Series completed

* Coldain Prayer Shawl 2.0, Version 7, obtained

* All ten (10) quested Cultural Books obtained for your race (Cultural Armor, Blessed, Eminent, Exalted, Revered, Sacred, Sublime, Stalwart, Seals of Darkhollow)

* All five (5) quested Bellfast books Obtained (Ambleshift's Anfractuous Album, Epicthieck's Edification Edition, Poxysmit's Precipitous Parts, Scrindite's Mechanoinstruction Manual, Scrindite's Senescent Scribbles)

SEASONAL QUESTS

* Complete both Frostfell Hargar the Velium Chef tasks (Hargar Brand Fishing Pail)

* Complete Crafting a Party - Brell's Favor (Anniversary task) (Fireworks Focus of Brell Serilis)

* Complete Fishing for Blessings - Prexus's Favor (Anniversary task) (Fireworks Focus of Prexus)

* Complete The Hungry Halfling task (Halloween) (from Mippie Diggs in Kithicor)

BONUS RECOGNITIONS

Give yourself a "Bonus" if.....

* You have the FabledSecrets of the Planes (main)

* You have a 300 Skill in Alchemy, Poison Making and/or Tinkering as well (main or alt) (+1 for each that apply)

* You have the maxed (15%) Alchemy, Poison Making or Tinkering trophy (main or alt) (+1 for each, that apply)

* You have Mastery 3 in Alchemy, Poison Making, Tinkering or Research (main or alt) (+1 for each that apply)

* All Vendor Sold scribed Tinkering Books purchased & scribed (main or alt)

* Coldain Prayer Shawl 2.0, Version 8 (Raid version) (main)

So.... if you are one of the elite and qualify as a 2600 SAGA Club member... PLUS you qualify for, say, five (5) of the "bonus" categories (represented by a "plus" number).... you should change your EQ Traders Tag to read something like:

PLAYERX, 2600 SAGA CLUB +5

If you have any other qualifiers or bonuses, let me know and we will get this refined and rocking!

Now, I need to get to work so I can join the club myself.............
    Last edited by Bonzz; 04-21-2010, 05:00 PM. Reason: Typos & Updates
    Bonzz of Bertoxx

Level 105 Paladin

Tradeskill and achievement OCD Master.

The truth is out there! The truth hurts! But the truth can set you free! All hail the Knights of Truth, servants of Mithaniel Marr the Truthbringer!

http://www.bonzz.com/bonzz.htm (where no research is required)

I don't think I'm going to try .... I see no point in making the old trophies. Otherwise ... heh, I'd prolly still never make it. However, I applaud most of your efforts. I have done or am working on all of your recommended quests.

Othre Quests:
    Coldain Ring
    Acrylia Sand Purifier
    Acylia Handled Strainer
    Acrylia Thimble and Needle Set
    Owlbear Dart Crafting Tool
    Finely Crafted Runequill Set
    Cristov's Corker
    Gem Cutter
    Jeweler's Glass
    Foraging Machete

Other Bonus Recognition:
    Foraging maxed (+50) and 6 mastery AAs
    Last edited by Shadrok; 04-11-2010, 09:04 AM.
    Trophies: Fr-2 Jour-4 Exp-8 Mast-6 GM-29

Comment

It's a worthy pursuit and one I was already working towards in any case, just to stay occupied.

May I recommend adding under Quests: Coldain Ring (there were tradeskill components) and Phylactery Will Get You Nowhere http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/q...tml?quest=2652
      Egat the Dedicated Artisan
      Imperator of Phoenix Ascending, Erollisi Marr
      The Orc Pawn - My EverQuest Blog

Comment

I have to wonder why you are trying to set the bar at 2500 AA's. You were suggesting the high end for everything else (level 85, all tradeskills maxed, all trophies maxed), but are suggesting the midpoint for AA's. Even the lowest AA count class gets all their AA's at 3420 and a couple of classes break 4200.

If you are trying to push everything to the high end, you should at least put your bar at 3400 AA's, simply to ensure that at least one class caps.

Comment

Originally posted by Xerius View Post
          I have to wonder why you are trying to set the bar at 2500 AA's. You were suggesting the high end for everything else (level 85, all tradeskills maxed, all trophies maxed), but are suggesting the midpoint for AA's. Even the lowest AA count class gets all their AA's at 3420 and a couple of classes break 4200.

If you are trying to push everything to the high end, you should at least put your bar at 3400 AA's, simply to ensure that at least one class caps.
          Well... as you say, different classes different maximums, etc. So where to set it? I just went with an AA count that I felt may generally mean a player has not just been a good tradeskiller, but a good adventurer too.
          Last edited by Bonzz; 04-14-2010, 04:48 PM. Reason: Correection
          Bonzz of Bertoxx

Level 105 Paladin

The truth is out there! The truth hurts! But the truth can set you free! All hail the Knights of Truth, servants of Mithaniel Marr the Truthbringer!

Comment

Originally posted by Shadrok View Post
            I don't think I'm going to try .... I see no point in making the old trophies. Otherwise ... heh, I'd prolly still never make it. However, I applaud most of your efforts. I have done or am working on all of your recommended quests.

As for the old trophies -- you are right. They are dumped from the list!

Othre Quests:
            Coldain Ring
            Acrylia Sand Purifier
            Acylia Handled Strainer
            Cristov's Corker
            Gem Cutter
            Jeweler's Glass
            Foraging Machete

Other Bonus Recognition:

I'll have to look those up... make sure they are quest related. I don't want to add stuff just because it is crafted or related to special recipes.
            Last edited by Bonzz; 04-14-2010, 04:45 PM. Reason: Correction
            Bonzz of Bertoxx

Level 105 Paladin

Comment

Coldain ring series added.

As for Phylactery... not quite ready to add that one yet. I'll look it up... but I do seem to recall it was a step in the paladin epic?
              Bonzz of Bertoxx

Level 105 Paladin

Comment

Othre Quests:
                Coldain Ring
                Acrylia Sand Purifier
                Acylia Handled Strainer
                Cristov's Corker
                Gem Cutter
                Jeweler's Glass
                Foraging Machete

Other Bonus Recognition:

Okay....

Many of these seem Vah Shir specific, as they have a pre-requisite of requiring the Vah Citizenship #1 quest completed. That quest requires you turn in a Dar Khura Guild Summons, which is only acquired by a newly created character (a Vah Shir toon). Thus, The Purifier, Strainer, Needle set, Owlbear tool, and the Runequill set will not be added.

The Foraging machete is class specific so it will not be added.

The Gem Cutter and Jewelers Glass are crafted and used in recipes and they will not be added either... after all, if we add those, we will need to ad pots, woks, bread tins....

Cristov's Corker is a 2-use clicky item, so it will not be added.

I did consider Foraging, but most classes max at 50, so I left it off.
                Bonzz of Bertoxx

Level 105 Paladin

Comment

Only pure casters get research mastery aa as well.
                  Shawlweaver Sphynx on Cazic Thule
                  Master Artisan Aldier on Cazic Thule

Comment

Originally posted by Aldier View Post
                    Only pure casters get research mastery aa as well.
                    You are right, corrections made.
                    Bonzz of Bertoxx

Level 105 Paladin

Comment

"Many of these seem Vah Shir specific, as they have a pre-requisite of requiring the Vah Citizenship #1 quest completed. That quest requires you turn in a Dar Khura Guild Summons, which is only acquired by a newly created character (a Vah Shir toon). Thus, The Purifier, Strainer, Needle set, Owlbear tool, and the Runequill set will not be added."
                      - Yet you include Luclin Smithing, which requires the same. I have a human, wood elf, and iksar that have accomplished these tasks.

"The Foraging machete is class specific so it will not be added."
                      "I did consider Foraging, but most classes max at 50, so I left it off. "
                      - And only gnomes can tinker, only rogues can make poison, and only shamen can alchemize. Druids and Rangers do not deserve equal bonus recognition?
                      Trophies: Fr-2 Jour-4 Exp-8 Mast-6 GM-29

Comment

- Yet you include Luclin Smithing, which requires the same. I have a human, wood elf, and iksar that have accomplished these tasks.
                        Any class/race can obtain the shar vahl anvil and the humming luclinite hammer which are used in crafting shadowscream armor.

The other Vah Shir specific items would be the same category as the iksar item sets that exist that are class specific within the iksar race.
                        Shawlweaver Sphynx on Cazic Thule
                        Master Artisan Aldier on Cazic Thule

Comment

"Many of these seem Vah Shir specific, as they have a pre-requisite of requiring the Vah Citizenship #1 quest completed. That quest requires you turn in a Dar Khura Guild Summons, which is only acquired by a newly created character (a Vah Shir toon). Thus, The Purifier, Strainer, Needle set, Owlbear tool, and the Runequill set will not be added."

"The Foraging machete is class specific so it will not be added."
                          "I did consider Foraging, but most classes max at 50, so I left it off. "
                          - And only gnomes can tinker, only rogues can make poison, and only shamen can alchemize. Druids and Rangers do not deserve equal bonus recognition?
                          1) Luclin smithing can be done by any race and does not require the citizenship quest.

2) I have tinkering, etc. in the "bonus" section. Are you suggesting I add it there? The difference in your example is that EVERYONE can forage, just not to the same degree. I did not think it fair to list foraging when most toons can get max skill at 50, when Rangers and Druids can not.
                          Last edited by Bonzz; 05-01-2010, 09:31 AM.
                          Bonzz of Bertoxx

Level 105 Paladin

Comment

Working...
                          X