essence of steam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• essence of steam

Looted one last night in Brell's Rest. It's marked "quest" & "can be used in tradeskills". Does anyone know what this is for?

There are all kinds of possibilities.

The first is that it is mislabelled (this has been known to happen).

It might be part of the upcoming Shawl quest.

It could be part of a combine in a quest container and the quest was scrapped before beta/release but the individual drops never had their flags changed.
    Huntmaster Bariag DarkWoods

Master Artisan

Comment

There's Essence of Passion - gnome - LC and Essence of Substance - golem - LC dropping as well. They are both new to the zone.

Comment

Originally posted by Havensdance View Post
        There's Essence of Passion - gnome - LC and Essence of Substance - golem - LC dropping as well. They are both new to the zone.
        Yes, I found Essence of Passion and Essence of Vitality in the Shining City. They have the tradeskill tag, and the quest tag. The also have the NO Trade tag. A No Trade tag is something you would expect on shawl quest items from locked zones. This would ensure that people are actually hunting in those zones for the drops needed for the new shawls quest rather than adventuring in the bazaar.

But...

There are new items on Lucy like Shot of Love and Love's Expression with clicks of the same name as the items holding them. This, the names of the new essences and the time of year that the essences started to drop lead me to believe that we are dealing with quest items for some as yet unreported Valentine quest.

The thing is they could be part of the new shawl quest, they could be something entirely different. Only time will tell. As for now, I am saving anything I find like this just in case I will need them.
        Last edited by gggrant; 02-12-2010, 10:22 PM.

Master Artisan

Comment

The addition of the tradeskill items in the patch notes:

"- Appropriate NPCs in the underfoot will now drop the rare tradeskill components. Not all golems are properly set yet. This will be fixed in a future patch."

So... the suggestion is the essences are somehow related to some golems. However, the golems are not necessarily properly set, but will be in a future patch.

So my gut feeling is the initial set-up for the shawl quest... as we all ready know it is coming and that series is tradeskill based.....
          Bonzz of Bertoxx

Level 105 Paladin

Tradeskill and achievement OCD Master.

The truth is out there! The truth hurts! But the truth can set you free! All hail the Knights of Truth, servants of Mithaniel Marr the Truthbringer!

http://www.bonzz.com/bonzz.htm (where no research is required)

Comment

Originally posted by Bonzz View Post
            The addition of the tradeskill items in the patch notes:

"- Appropriate NPCs in the underfoot will now drop the rare tradeskill components. Not all golems are properly set yet. This will be fixed in a future patch."

So... the suggestion is the essences are somehow related to some golems. However, the golems are not necessarily properly set, but will be in a future patch.

So my gut feeling is the initial set-up for the shawl quest... as we all ready know it is coming and that series is tradeskill based.....
            After I posted that guess, it turns out the items I saw were Marketplace items. So Valentine Quest is not the answer.

You may be correct in that these are for a part of the Shawl quest.

Master Artisan

Comment

essence of steam is used i n the first test of baking for the coldain shawl 2.0 the other essence are used also for the new shawl quest in the jewelcrafting portion

darnunia

Comment

Working...
              X