Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ngreth Thergn View Post
    We obviously have different definitions of "overpowered"

Additionally, the spell damage one would not stack well with existing stuff... so would not be deemed "useful"
    I was just throwing out random numbers. I just don't want to see another 45AC debuff on a berserker clicky BP...

I mean my CoA BP has a 24 sec +40% chance to hit with all skills.... 45ac debuff? /pass.

Just don't make them CLASS clickies, make them all/all and let the classes decide which they want. Make them fun. Hell I'd go for a "insert race illusion here" clicky. Maybe make a Halfling or gnome or Dwarf etc. clicky..... or how about a clicky Invis or Clicky Shrink. USEFUL. I'd love to have an invis click that didnt require me to also have the OMM BP on my char to swap and click.

Comment

I do have to say I don't really want to see non-visible foci thrown into the cultural armor mix.

Beneficial mana pres and beneficial range are on rings.
      Sharpshooting and Detrimental spell duration are on ears.
      Healing focus and Parry/Block are on neck.
      Dodge and corruption focus is on ranged. (Actually, corr focus is usually on augs now)
      Buff duration is on back.
      Detrimental spell range is on face.
      Detrimental mana pres is on shoulders.
      Haste is on belts.

There are plenty of these around. SoD T3+ gear is also level 85 and easiier to get now, not to mention the availability of Boomerang gear with it's easy availability and improved foci and stats. Don't like the game? Camp mobs for similar or better gear.

But there's enough foci on visible armor to fill it up.
      --- Jonny Panic and the Bible of Dreams

Mnesis Obscura, 71 Erudite Enchanter
      Ruinous Dreadnought, 85 Gnome Shadowknight
      Saryrn server

Comment

So much melee h8

Master Artisan Aldier / Jonnypanic

I am a pure melee as such I carry more foci that I cannot use than any other meta class, don’t complain to me about sharpshooting. As a warrior Sharpshooting is simply another foci of no use, I included it to be inclusive to class other than my own.

Caster foci are indeed easy to come by, my shaman alt has all spell foci at maximum group content level without any cultural armour and generally only gets rot loot from the group of people that I play with. On the other hand as the only plate class I am offered the first pick of loot.

Yet I am still wearing 5 expansions old gear

Bladed Silver Pendant of Zek TSS raid drop - 8% riposte modifier, Improved Parry V.

Shaped Sapphire Ice Sculpture TSS raid drop – 4% shielding, 15 avoidance, no Dodge.

And only with this edition of cultural armour have I had a valid replacement for my
        Engraved Froststeel Visor another TSS raid drop – Ferocity VII and I have replaced it with Fero VI.

I am not asking for anything new. The type 12 seals had 22 foci options and each could be put into any of the 8 visible slots including dodge and block but at level III not V as with fero and cleave giving 176 possible variations of which 32 were of possible use to a pure melee.

The type 17 group seals have 15 options in total of which only 2 are of use to a pure melee.

Caster foci are easy to come by and yet many are replicated on this armour, why not the melee foci? Why not include them in this latest iteration of cultural armour when they have been on every previous version? My suggestion does not take away from any other class it only corrects a loss of overall options that were previously available to the pure melee meta class.

I have the warrior only sword from the Boomerang missions, that’s the one with no endurance on it.... I could do another 13 missions and waste a day of my life to get the face item but pardon me for wanting to play my class as its intended to be played with the gear set that I have created in order to play my class as well as I can, instead of running around throwing bent sticks.

Thankfully these decisions are up to Ngreth not melee h8ers and my suggestions are completely in line with the aspirations of his post of 15 December, so I have hope yet.

Telorea
        I apologise for the derailment of your thread.

Comment

Humakti,

I agree on principle that they should allow more focii and allow them to be placed in multiple slots. BUT with the new UF upgrades out there, all my Melee focii are included in invisible slot armor. AND with awesome AC/HP to boot. Maybe it's time you swapped out some of that 5 expansion old gear for some newer, UF drops. You may lose a bit at first, here and there, but you'll gain in the long run.

Comment

First, the type 12 RAID seals that had 22 options and can fit in ANY cultural slot WERE continued in UF. The drops went Last Blood, Serpent, Sunshard, Faycite, and the new UF drop is Crystallized Ball of Cosgrove that can have any of the 22 foci added to it that fits in slot 17 to bring the UF cultural armor up to raid level gear but REQUIRES raiding in UF.

The GROUP seals are intended to bring the armor up to GROUP level focus effects which group focus effects are LIMITED to what slots they can be in. This is part of the standardization of focus effects that took place during SoF. I am not a melee hater. I think that there are PLENTY of options that are bazaar buyable even that have good enough group foci for non-visible slots that the cultural armor does not need to be able to hold it.

You choosing to keep TSS raid gear is YOUR chioce to not upgrade. I would think you would be better off with the higher AC values of the UF gear, even some SoD t5 gear would probably be an upgrade. My warrior HAS full cultural armor. He got SILVER tokens to buy the non-visible slots and is starting to get some SoD raid rots to help boost him further. He has 2 earrings with sharpshooting. He has Improved Dodge V, Parry/Block V. He has Fero6, Cleave6, and Faerune on the cultural armor. The other 4 cultural I picked random seals to simply improve his purity. I am not a melee hater but thanks for trying.
            Shawlweaver Sphynx on Cazic Thule
            Master Artisan Aldier on Cazic Thule

Comment

Its good to know you aren't a melee hater Aldier.

You are wrong though to say there has been a continuation of type 12 options, there has been a continuation of the theme that is certainly correct, but I cannot put my type 12 augs into the Stalwart cultural, so they have not been continued. I don't raid anymore, I got fed up of AFK raiders wiping raids when I put 100% effort in the tank line and mostly a good effort in for the rest of the raid. Anyway.

+8 riposte mod is a huge thing to give up and the harder the mobs hit the bigger a bonus it is, so thats my neck slot sorted for a very long time I think (it has a parry V foci as well).

I agree about the switch to UF cultural gear and I have done, full set, 23 pieces, just as soon as I figured out how, still using the t5 SoD BP for the aggro modifier until I level up the Sword of Brell's Hard Stare. Not everyone can just go out and do that. I have taken a 20% reduction in avoidance in doing so from the gear I had (99 to 79) my range item has 15 avoidance on it and 4% shielding, swap that out and thats an increase of 1-2% in hits from the avoidance and puts my shielding on the cap (because I lost shielding as well with the change about 8% I think and slightly more from most of the 35% capped mods) restricting every other upgrade I look at.

But enough of my difficulties with upgrades, this is not the place to ask for help with gear design, I was only using myself as an example.

My basic point is the caster foci available on the soloist seals are readily available elsewhere, that we both agree on, so why not add those 2 (omg its only 1 more than 1!) foci to the set to give melee a similar level of flexibility to that which casters are enjoying? Is that really such an onerous thing a) for devs to deal with and b) for other classes to tolerate?

Rather than have a blank seal so I don't have to have a focus I can't use why not a seal with a focus I can use??

That's all I am asking for. It's not the moon on a stick.

I realise its against the flow of standardisation of slot functions but it is within a sphere (cultural armour) that does not religously follow the standardisation rules. What this tells me is that the standardisation rules are unfair to my metaclass. Rather than argue for all other classes to have the same restrictiions (which seems to be the norm) I am trying to argue for my class situation to be improved to the same level as all the others. These are not class defining modifiers, they are very nice to have rather than being essential but I would like to have the same flexibility as everyone else and would still leave me with 2 useless foci.

If the standardisation rules have to be changed in order to make this happen I, for one, don't believe that they are a sacred cow that should be preserved no matter what.

Comment

If you were to farm t6 group gear (which you say you have done some of) then you will NOT be finding those focus effects on any of the visible slots AND you should ALREADY have those effects on other items so it is pointless to go back and re-create a way for you to double up on a focus.

The type 12 changed in UF to type 17. Everything else with them is the same... sorry if that confuses you but there needed to be a break because each expansion a new set of armor needs to be created and balanced around that expansions armor sets and often the mudflation of stats is not able to be accounted for mix and matching from 1 expansion to another. That is what caused the problems with the previous cultural armor sets.

Caster foci that are available on soloist seals are only available on those armor slots they normally appear. So go camp a t6 or t7 LEG clay from UF or create a soloist LEG seal for detri spell haste. It is no more readily available than the melee focus effects.
                Shawlweaver Sphynx on Cazic Thule
                Master Artisan Aldier on Cazic Thule

Comment

Originally posted by fr3d1337 View Post
                  I was just throwing out random numbers. I just don't want to see another 45AC debuff on a berserker clicky BP...

I mean my CoA BP has a 24 sec +40% chance to hit with all skills.... 45ac debuff? /pass.

Just don't make them CLASS clickies, make them all/all and let the classes decide which they want. Make them fun. Hell I'd go for a "insert race illusion here" clicky. Maybe make a Halfling or gnome or Dwarf etc. clicky..... or how about a clicky Invis or Clicky Shrink. USEFUL. I'd love to have an invis click that didnt require me to also have the OMM BP on my char to swap and click.
                  However, that BP click has a hit limit. Something like... 6 hits?

Comment

12 hits IIRC

Comment

Well to me none of these answers, seem to answer the question that was asked and is something i would like to know the answer to myself as for what seems to be a lost cause i have made an Unfired Cosgrove Soloist Chest Seal, the question seemed straight forward to me and just requires a yes or no answer is there or is there not a way to fire this Seal.

Comment

I am curious to know if we are infact getting the slot 17 seal for chest, if so any eta. I too have an unfired one sat in my bank waiting to see if we get this ( My sk alt will use this).

Comment

There is no current way to fire the Chest Seal
                          Trophies: Fr-2 Jour-4 Exp-8 Mast-6 GM-29

Comment

Originally posted by Ngreth Thergn View Post
                            hrm. Perhaps I will make a catchall set for chest.

I don't plan to do the class specific, but I noticed comments on at least a few issues of people that will forced to make choices. I can use the chest to help that along. make one of each for the chest to use it to catch at least some of the conflicts. Sure it will not catch all of them, but it is something. And it will get the focus in there.

I will consider a "blank" for all slots with just the purity as well so players don't have to worry about making a focus they won't use just to get purity.

I may also make those "dual" slots available in a "both"
                            any time frame for the chest soloist augs?

Comment

I saw in the test patch notes that "new soloist seals have been discovered". My guess would be those are chest seals, though there may be others as well. Anyone on test able to confirm this?

Comment

I see the new Recipes for the chest seals, but when i try and do the combine, i get the message that i lack some knowlage ... what am i missing ?

Comment

Working...
                                X