new ornament molds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new ornament molds

Anyone have any information on the new ornament molds. It seems I need to work on my pottery skill.
    Noshadow Cast 85 Human Paladin
    Test Server
    300 Brewing
    205 Fletching
    300 Baking
    300 Smithing
    200 Fishing
    300 Jewlcraft
    200 Pottery
    200 Tailering

The clockwork vendor in Brell's Rest sells a sketchbook which you can scribe the recipes. The trivials are around 280-300 ish.

The ornament container itself is NoDrop so you have to trade them while they are UNFIRED, and the final combine (with a HQ firing sheet) is a trivial of 17.

Underfoot is not a requirement for this final combine since I've given them to people without Underfoot and they were able to do the final combine in a kiln and then use it on a weapon, no problems.
    Heartz Broken - Druzzil Ro

Comment

Will be trad-able next major patch (not today's). That was another oversight.
      Ngreth Thergn

Ngreth nice Ogre. Ngreth not eat you. Well.... Ngreth not eat you if you still wiggle!
      Grandmaster Smith 250
      Master Tailor 200
      Ogres not dumb - we not lose entire city to froggies

Comment

First of all, I love the options of player-made ornaments, thank you Ngreth! And hand-in-hand with the tokenizer bot FTW~

So my question is will we occasionally see new sets "discovered" to make?

The Marketplace gets new sets seemingly at regular intervals, maybe half a set at a time...I've only made the 1hb's for each tradeskilled set so far but they're very plain compared to all the Marketplace ones; I understand Sony would want to sell the most desirable ones for real money, but the way I see it, if there are no periodically released tradeskilled sets, tradeskillers are stuck offering just Ceramic and Black Acrylia for the next year at least, and those who don't wish to spend anymore RL money than they alread do are stuck buying them.

I even had some ideas, even though I know the Black Acrylia set doesn't actually use Black Acrylia, maybe you could add a Sunshard Powder into the Cosgrove Clay combine for a Sunshard set, or a Faycite Powder (made from Raw Faycite Crystals)...Powdered Shissar Scale from Shissar scales, etc. There's all kinds of old drops in game that don't see much use anymore, maybe some rarer than what I've suggested, and the Cosgrove Powder would still be a semi-rare component.

Anyways, just curious.

Comment

I also like the idea of player made ornamentations. However, is there any reason why the black acrylia warhammer ornament looks like a coldain warhammer? Just seems that black acrylia (luclin) shouldn't look like a weapon from Velious era.

Comment

Anyone have screenshots?

Comment

Originally posted by Sunshinne View Post
              I even had some ideas, even though I know the Black Acrylia set doesn't actually use Black Acrylia, maybe you could add a Sunshard Powder into the Cosgrove Clay combine for a Sunshard set, or a Faycite Powder (made from Raw Faycite Crystals)...Powdered Shissar Scale from Shissar scales, etc. There's all kinds of old drops in game that don't see much use anymore, maybe some rarer than what I've suggested, and the Cosgrove Powder would still be a semi-rare component.

Anyways, just curious.
              Or use old weapons in the combine to create ornaments of that weapon graphic. Sword of Truth ornamentation anyone...

Comment

The "Ceramic" ornaments are fairly simple. I have actually gotten request for non-flashy ornaments. That is one of the reasons I chose that set.

The other is the Black Acrylia which I have gotten multiple requests for... so

Tradeskills will likely get "nostalgia" ornaments. Ornaments of existing non-LoN non-Marketplace items.
                Ngreth Thergn

Ngreth nice Ogre. Ngreth not eat you. Well.... Ngreth not eat you if you still wiggle!
                Grandmaster Smith 250
                Master Tailor 200

Comment

I would love a pally epic 2.0 mold for any two handed weapon. I just think its the best weapon graphic ever. Plus I would rather carry a sword as opposed to a hammer or lance.
                  Noshadow Cast 85 Human Paladin
                  Test Server
                  300 Brewing
                  205 Fletching
                  300 Baking
                  300 Smithing
                  200 Fishing
                  300 Jewlcraft
                  200 Pottery
                  200 Tailering

Comment

I am not prepared to cross weapon types. If you have a blunt you are going to need a blunt mold.
                    Ngreth Thergn

Grandmaster Smith 250
                    Master Tailor 200

Comment

An epic 2.0 or even epic 1.0 set of ornaments crafted by tradeskills would be cool as well.
                      Shawlweaver Sphynx on Cazic Thule
                      Master Artisan Aldier on Cazic Thule

Comment

those have definitely been considered. They just need some extra restrictions.
                        Ngreth Thergn

Grandmaster Smith 250
                        Master Tailor 200

Comment

Perhaps make the epic weapons a required part of the combine (returned on success or failure), and make the epic ornamentations (only) no-drop. So if, say, you want the SK or pally 1.0 look, you'll have to be an SK or a pally. (Any necro want a duck-stick?)

Maybe since these are limited to people who have earned the epic the ornament will represent, make the trivial for the combine lower than for the normal ornaments.

I'd probably grind from 200 to 300 in pottery to make a 1.0 ornament for my SK.... On the other hand a side effect of that would be to dramatically increase the number of GM potters, causing a crash in pottery prices as everyone an their brother gets 300 skill - witness what happened to tradeskills in general in PoP as it seemed that every high-end guildmember did Aide Grimel to get the reward, and there was a pretty massive supply of tradeskillers flooding the market. Using tradeskills as a timesink really hurt low/mid-tier guild and grouping tradeskillers, IMO, until DoN or even later.

So I'd be in favor of making it easier for people who want to display their old epics to make non-tradable ornaments specific to them - help preserve the limited pottery market for those who have been tradeskilling for awhile.
                          Last edited by Zopharr; 12-23-2009, 09:38 PM. Reason: spelling > ogres
                          Garshok
                          95th Dreadlord, Povar-Quellious, 300 Ogre Grand Master Smith, 300 all skills
                          (glad the climb to 300 is finally over)

Zopharr
                          95th Priest of Brell, Povar-Quellious, 300 Dwarven Grand Master Smith, 300 all skills
                          (holds his 15% smithing trophy in his off hand and pretends to dual-wield - and hopes the Holy Dirt of Brell he's carried for twelve years will have a use in the new expansion)

Rishathra
                          95th Shaman of Inny, Povar-Quellious, 300 Troll Grand Master Smith
                          (got so tired of looking for a troll smith for armor that I made one)

Marzanna
                          95th Necromancer, Povar-Quellious, 300 Tinker - Tailor
                          (still working on Solder, Spy)

Comment

You should start an ornament request thread for people to suggest and/or vote on classic models they'd like to see become ornaments. My votes would be for short sword of the ykesha and that wacky branching antler-looking sword from Kunark.

Comment

a mild tangent here, but ngreth! chest slot ornaments FTW!

Comment

Working...
                              X