new ornament molds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zopharr View Post
    Perhaps make the epic weapons a required part of the combine (returned on success or failure), and make the epic ornamentations (only) no-drop. So if, say, you want the SK or pally 1.0 look, you'll have to be an SK or a pally. (Any necro want a duck-stick?)

Maybe since these are limited to people who have earned the epic the ornament will represent, make the trivial for the combine lower than for the normal ornaments.

I'd probably grind from 200 to 300 in pottery to make a 1.0 ornament for my SK.... On the other hand a side effect of that would be to dramatically increase the number of GM potters, causing a crash in pottery prices as everyone an their brother gets 300 skill - witness what happened to tradeskills in general in PoP as it seemed that every high-end guildmember did Aide Grimel to get the reward, and there was a pretty massive supply of tradeskillers flooding the market. Using tradeskills as a timesink really hurt low/mid-tier guild and grouping tradeskillers, IMO, until DoN or even later.

So I'd be in favor of making it easier for people who want to display their old epics to make non-tradable ornaments specific to them - help preserve the limited pottery market for those who have been tradeskilling for awhile.
    if I was to have significant skill required... it would start as a "mutable" ornament that had to be attuned to an epic. The mutable ornament would require the high skill to make and would be trad-able. This attunement would be no fail, and make the No drop version, that then would do the actual ornamentation.

I can reasonably get away with this for the epic because there is a limited pool if actor tags to work from, not the thousands a "fully" mutable "copy my item" ornament would be. That isn't going to happen for many reasons. But one that worked just on epics is feasible.

This is *not* a promise to make this.
    Ngreth Thergn

Ngreth nice Ogre. Ngreth not eat you. Well.... Ngreth not eat you if you still wiggle!
    Grandmaster Smith 250
    Master Tailor 200
    Ogres not dumb - we not lose entire city to froggies

Comment

Bummer the fixes to the No Drop flag still haven't been put in, and probably won't be for a few weeks. I had to destroy one of these after I assumed it was fixed because I couldn't use it.

Comment

Is the Black Acrylia 1H Slash Ornament = Long Sword? Short Sword? Bastard Sword? Rapier? or Scimitar graphics?

I believe our love for the graphics of the Black Acrylia set is for the Rapier and Scimitar. The Long Sword is not that high on the popularity list.

Therefore, I hope the existing Black Acrylia 1H Slash Ornament is NOT for the Long Sword. If it is, then simply adding the Black Acrylia Rapier and Scimitar to the Ornament Molds will already be a big boost for this round of TS ornaments.

Most of the Black Acrylia worn graphics can be seen here:
        http://www.freewebs.com/tailored/others.htm#WEAPONS

Comment

The Black Acrylia Blade Ornament is the luclin style Long Sword graphic. The plain looking sword with the rounded tip and the crescent shaped guard.

Made one for my warrior last night to fix his whip graphic weapon (Ornate Gnoll Hide Lairat) that I hate. I might like whips if they were fully animated but smacking someone with a roll of twine just loses something.

Comment

Originally posted by cattywumpus View Post
            The Black Acrylia Blade Ornament is the luclin style Long Sword graphic. The plain looking sword with the rounded tip and the crescent shaped guard.
            Then I definitely think the simplist way to make this round of Ornaments more popular is to add the Black Acrylia Scimitar and Black Acrylia Rapier to 1H slash.

Comment

Working...
            X