New Storage NPC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Storage NPC

Somewhere I read that a partial solution to lack of space for tradeskillers was coming in the Underfoot expansion. The help was to be in the form of an NPC who would hold our patterns. Apparently this would be similar to the Guild Lobby NPC who holds components for quests in the Seeds of Destruction expansion. I have heard no one speak of this new NPC.

The NPC is still a work in progress and Ngreth mentioned that it was a little buggy and wanted to get it working properly so that it did not eat components or cause any other problems before he moved it to live. The npc is set currently to go into PoK. More to come...soon I hope.
    Shawlweaver Sphynx on Cazic Thule
    Master Artisan Aldier on Cazic Thule

Comment

It seems like the easiest solution would be to make the npc a vendor that sells unlimited numbers of patterns, but only if the player has done the quest for to earn the armor patterns or each particular level of symbol patterns.

Vendors checking character flags to determine what items to sell has been done before and the limit on making no more than 200 of each item before redoing the pattern quest has always been rather silly.
      Master Artisan Taadieri
      Sanctus Arcanum - Drinal (formerly Tarew Marr)

Comment

Silly yes, but I believe it is an aspect that Ngreth wishes to maintain.

Comment

I hope that they will be going to test very soon. When test is patched for the expansion they will be up.

I want the continued re-effort of having to get a new book every 200 patterns.
          Ngreth Thergn

Ngreth nice Ogre. Ngreth not eat you. Well.... Ngreth not eat you if you still wiggle!
          Grandmaster Smith 250
          Master Tailor 200
          Ogres not dumb - we not lose entire city to froggies

Comment

I really feel bad for someone who doesn't have more than 1 account. I seriously had to form a guild with my alts to store a lot of my tradeskill items in the guild bank. If we could only have something as decent as a guild bank without having to form one.

Comment

Everquest tradeskilling is clunky at best. Stack sizes need to be changed to 99 or, better yet, 999. We already have 100 piece stack sizes. Tradeskilling requires a vast inventory of numerous components for sub assemblies.

I don't mean to sound negative...but just organizing your components is a full time job. Not to mention trying to keep track of what is where on which alts.

A storage NPC would be wonderful especially with...
              - filter abilities
              - can store everything, not just patterns. All those bazillion quest items in your bank taking up space?
              - i'd like to be able to keep all the components for, say, spell research in my bank...with the various subcombines and raw materials...in large quanitites...so I can make spells on demand. Just not possible now I have to keep things on various alts and switch items back and forth through character shared bank.
              - ability to color code or name each "square" that you put a container in the bank (i.e. ore, silk thread, sulfur, etc) would make it easier to find stuff

I gave up on tradeskilling due to the sheer amount of time I spent on trying to organize raw materials. There needs to be a better way.

Comment

Originally posted by Sihk View Post
                Everquest tradeskilling is clunky at best. Stack sizes need to be changed to 99 or, better yet, 999. We already have 100 piece stack sizes. Tradeskilling requires a vast inventory of numerous components for sub assemblies.

I don't mean to sound negative...but just organizing your components is a full time job. Not to mention trying to keep track of what is where on which alts.

A storage NPC would be wonderful especially with...
                - filter abilities
                - can store everything, not just patterns. All those bazillion quest items in your bank taking up space?
                - i'd like to be able to keep all the components for, say, spell research in my bank...with the various subcombines and raw materials...in large quanitites...so I can make spells on demand. Just not possible now I have to keep things on various alts and switch items back and forth through character shared bank.
                - ability to color code or name each "square" that you put a container in the bank (i.e. ore, silk thread, sulfur, etc) would make it easier to find stuff

I gave up on tradeskilling due to the sheer amount of time I spent on trying to organize raw materials. There needs to be a better way.
                Quest items are generally NOT tradeskill items. Some large quests that have many small components that need to be combined during SOD got an NPC to hold them for you.

They have in game, color backpacks and colored trader's satchels so if you want to colorcode your bank you can, only thing is you have to do it.

Comment

Originally posted by Sihk View Post
                  I think this is one thing that would greatly reduce the amount of bank space (or just inventory space) needed for tradeskills. Maybe not 999, but make more stuff in the 200 range. I know for spell research I make my own inks, quills, aqua regia, muriatic acid, and various other components, and I often find myself with 5+ stacks each of vials of pure water, dirty and regular vials, celestial cleansers, etc. It makes it a mess just during the actual process of making all the subs, even when I clean out my inventory before hand.

Comment

First I'll caveat that I know that it would probably take more than a little bit of coding to get it to function properly, but I would like to see:

Along the same line of banks space, and lots of components, I would love to have an "apothecary table" that worked like a merchant, but had to be filled with components by the user. That way you could load up on the items you want / need and maybe even carry around the not so common ones without having to sacrifice major portions of bank space.

Gorse

Comment

That's a good idea, Gorse.

To segue off on that...what about the idea of utilizing an existing vendor in your home city. You can place items on it and they will always be there...the only person who can view the items is you.

Unfortunately, this implementation wouldn't work with no drop items.

Comment

I appreciate the thought of adding a storage npc, but just patterns? I probably would not even bother to use then. As it it would be a hassle just to run of for one type of thing. Now if you were to expand it to allow any items tagged as a tradeskill item, I could see it being quite useful. I could even see having the player "specialize" and lets say only research was to be held there. But the limitation of patterns only I feel needs to be rethought.
                        Member of Alarius on Cazic Thule (Brell Serilis)
                        85 Necromancer

Comment

I'd like it if they also held the cultural books!
                          Bonzz of Bertoxx

Level 105 Paladin

Tradeskill and achievement OCD Master.

The truth is out there! The truth hurts! But the truth can set you free! All hail the Knights of Truth, servants of Mithaniel Marr the Truthbringer!

http://www.bonzz.com/bonzz.htm (where no research is required)

Comment

Originally posted by Ngreth Thergn View Post
                            I hope that they will be going to test very soon. When test is patched for the expansion they will be up.

I want the continued re-effort of having to get a new book every 200 patterns.
                            I make lot of cultural and I'm not even close to 200 patterns in any one type. At the rate I'm going at now, it would take another 5 years to need to make a new book, heh.

Comment

This is silly. Why make it more difficult? Why is there the need to make you go through trigger phrases just to get the piece you want? Why not be like the npc in the lobby and just open it up? Say my target phrase only to see I did not have a specific pattern instead of just opening it up. Unless this gets changed, this is worthless in its current state. I appreciate adding a way to open up personal bank space but this is certainly not it.
                              Member of Alarius on Cazic Thule (Brell Serilis)
                              85 Necromancer

Comment

Working...
                              X