Venerable Book of XXXXX Culture

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Venerable Book of XXXXX Culture

Get the task for Venerable Cultural Armor patterns from the same race based npc as all the previous levels.

You will get the text: You have been assigned the task 'Venerable Impressions'.
    You will receive: Venerable Impression Book

Task details:

Name: Venerable Impressions

Objective Instructions:
    Kill 40 lavakin
    Make impressions of some of the patterns in the lavakin's skin.
    Kill 20 gold golems
    Make impressions of some of the patterns in the gold golem's silky skin.
    ????? (should be turn in impression book)

Reward:
    Option 1: venerable Book of XXXXX Culture
    Enchantur - Erudite - Saryrn

300 - Jewelcraft, Fletching, Brewing, Smithing, Tailoring, Pottery, Baking, Research, all trophies (15 pct).

Just finished this symbol quest today.

Not sure if they added code to make it impression chance higher after finish kills or not, but I was WAY WAY behind on the random updatse when doing lavakin. I had 37/40 kills but only 3/6 impressions (the random part). Then in my next 6 or so kills I got 3 impression updates. Maybe they adjusted the code so that chance of impression increases once you are at or past the required number of kills.

Updates were more frequent on gold, though I was 5/6 when hit 20 gold golems, then got an impression update on the 21st kill, similar to what happend when I got past required number of kills on lavakin.

Anyway...we cant make the symbols yet until tuesday due to cosgrove powder not dropped, unless you get lucky on forage.

Comment

I found this quest a lot easier than I expected it to be - certainly much easier than Sublimes, solely because of the lack of required-mob scarcity.
      Last edited by Alaene_CT; 12-15-2009, 05:30 PM.
      Master Artisan Alaene
      80 Druid
      Destinatus

Comment

Definitely can't make it till Tuesday anyway due to the steel for it not being on vendors yet, also, I think.

Either way, I'm stoked. :-) Finished the quest yesterday and am ready to rock for making cult armor/symbols/seals, though as I've mentioned elsewhere I hope they tweak the focus system on the seals so that my ranger buddy and other rangers don't have to pick between fire focus and cleave on their arms--among other issues.

Comment

If you have completed the symbol quest for the book AND were able to forage some Cosgrove Powder, then you should be able to craft the seals. The armor portion you will have to wait til the patch on the 15th to make but you could have the symbols made and ready to go. As well as the soloist seals.
          Shawlweaver Sphynx on Cazic Thule
          Master Artisan Aldier on Cazic Thule

Comment

Anyone having any bugs with the venerable impressions task ? I completed all the steps except for 1 , that would be 6 making impression of gold golums. I killedabout 30 gold golems and not 1 update of the 6. did anyone have to kill more then 20 to recive all 6 updtes?

Comment

It's random. If you were getting updates on the kills, it's possible you were just very unlucky.

You had the Venerable Impressions book with you in your inventory at the time, right?

Comment

level restriction?

does any one know if there is a minimum level to recieve the venerable impressions task? I am level 80 and cant seem to get the task form the guy who offers the sublime task etc. Also, I havent done the sublime task, seems pointless at this time to do it, will that have an effect?

Comment

Does anyone know where in Underquarry the Gold Golems spawn?

Thanks Trufli

Comment

Originally posted by Xavier View Post
                    Anyone having any bugs with the venerable impressions task ? I completed all the steps except for 1 , that would be 6 making impression of gold golums. I killedabout 30 gold golems and not 1 update of the 6. did anyone have to kill more then 20 to recive all 6 updtes?
                    Did you have the Venerable impressions book in your inventory? When you get the task they give you a book that you must carry or instead of getting the emote of making an impression (and the task updating) you get a note about something looking interesting but you can't put the impression down.

Comment

Originally posted by trufli View Post
                      Does anyone know where in Underquarry the Gold Golems spawn?

Thanks Trufli
                      The gold golems spawn in the gold mine section. Go south through the souther stonequarry into the back tunnels. They spawn in and amongst all the other golems...copper, brass, iron, silver, gold....

Comment

Found it seemed to be bugged if you had multiple symbol quests at one time. Had one in group getting no impressions while 2 others were done. As soon as he deleted the other symbol quests and books he got his impressions in the next few kills.

Comment

Question, I just tried to get this Quest from the racial NPC, but it wouldn't give me the Option.

Do i need to be Lvl85 to be able to request it? (I am only up to lv83 atm)
                          or is there any other pre-requisite for it?
                          Last edited by Olho; 12-19-2009, 05:17 AM.

Comment

Thanks Aldier

Trufli

Comment

Are you Human by chance?

Originally posted by Olho View Post
                              Question, I just tried to get this Quest from the racial NPC, but it wouldn't give me the Option.

Do i need to be Lvl85 to be able to request it? (I am only up to lv83 atm)
                              or is there any other pre-requisite for it?
                              I have confirmed that Tar Cordell in Qeynos does not offer the venerable impressions task at all. It cost me a BP and a wristguard to get a level 85 human to come with me and check it out. Highest task available was the sublime impression task.

I hope they get this fixed soon.

Comment

Working...
                              X