Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ornate Chain and PoK Forges?

Hi all,

Potentially silly question - since we've restarted EQ after a long absence - my wife (Msisy) was attempting to make some Ornate Chain Bracers in the forge(s) on the Plane of Knowledge. We followed the recipie from this site but get a "Items do not combine in a container of this type" sort of message... Is the forge on PoK different? Does she need to go back to Cabilis and try it?

Thanks,
    Miracht
    Miracht Riversfriend,
    Champions of Cabilis, The Nameless

New Tanaan

You're likely using the New Tanaan forge. When you open the forge, see if it says New Tanaan forge at the top, or just Forge. If it says just Forge, then check your recipe. If it says New Tanaan Forge, look around nearby for a regular Forge.

Hope that helps,
    Chase

Chase
    Half-Elven Ranger of Tunare
    66 seasons wandering the wood in defense of Her creatures
    Chivalrous Valor
    Firiona Vie

Comment

Forge

Hi,

Nope, it just says forge. We are trying an Ornate chain bracer. Can we use a Medium Chain Braclet pattern? We have the Silver Bar, HQ Ring, Hammer and Water....

Thanks,

Miracht
      Miracht Riversfriend,

Comment

For the Ornate Chain Bracelet it should be possible to create with the following components (one of each): water flask, high quality metal rings, silver bar, smithy hammer, chainmail bracelet pattern Using either a forge or a tanaan forge.

Verify you have a smithy hammer and the silver bar is NOT enchanted.

If this is the exact recipe that you are using... try in a forge in Shadowhaven, or back on Norrath (ie not on in PoK). If it still fails... then there is somthing else to look at.
        Brother Krazick Bloodyscales 65th Trial Scaley Transcendent
        Krizick 37th Kitty Tank
        --Officer of The Renegades--
        --Innoruuk Server--

Comment

Hmmm

Thanks, I will have Msisy check the hammer. The silver bar was bought on PoK from vendor there. Shouldnt be enchanted. Otherwise we'll try in Cabilis.

Miracht
          Miracht Riversfriend,

Comment

As I understand it, the "Tannan Forge" applies to all four of the forges in PoK. They all say "Forge" at the top, but they are still the forges that the "Tannan Forge" only combines work in.

I have combined several of the PoP recipes in these with no problem so far, however I have not yet done any of the orignal armor, so who knows.

Aside from checking to make sure you have the proper hammer, one of the other things that pops into my mind is the water flask. Could it be that it is a Pod of Water, or Blood Water, etc? There are several different items that use the water flask graphic. I've tried smithing with my summoned water before, and got really confused for a bit.

Q
            Queletan Heartforge - House of Sloth
            Exemplar of the Drunken Bearded Ones

...That which we are, we are,--
            One equal temper of heroic hearts,
            Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will,
            To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yeild.

Comment

Also, are you sure you're using high quality metal rings? I made that mistake at one point; I smithed up a batch of medium quality rings (d'oh!) and wondered why I couldn't get the combines to work.
              Sir KyrosKrane Sylvanblade
              Master Artisan (300 + GM Trophy in all) of Luclin (Veeshan)
              Master Fisherman (200) and possibly Drunk (2xx + 20%), not sober enough to tell!
              Lightbringer, Redeemer, and Valiant servant of Erollisi Marr

Comment

I've done non-PoP combines in a couple of the PoK forges. At least some of 'em aren't PoP specific.
                It's not nice tah look at other people's stuff:
                My Stuff
                Arbigger Denyew

Comment

I have done a few dozen ornate chain combines in PoK.

I used the upstairs forge in the room with the Iksars that sell the chain patterns.

This was couple of weeks ago.
                  Elder Grug :: Oracle of War :: Stormhammer

Comment

I bought the game the day pop released so all my smithing has been done in pok since 100 skill.The forges there work for both pop and non pop recipes and i have used all 4 forges there.Lev 54 203 skill since pop release and thats no powerleveling or being gave tons of stuff as i did not know any 1 when i started.

Comment

Forge

I have done several non-PoP recipes in nearly every forge in PoK. So it shouldnt be a problem.

Comment

I can also report that the PoK forges work for ornate chain. I have done all of my post-100 smithing in PoK and have made several pieces of ornate and gold ornate chain.
                        Pottery 159 Tailoring 188 Brewing 170 Baking 178 Smithing 205 Alchemy 114, Fishing 35, JC 15, Fletching 0

Comment

Working...
                        X