Cultural question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cultural question

Currently at level 75, with a 265 tailoring skill. Have completed the basic armor book quest, but no more.

I have all the components to make a specified piece of armor, but am not able to do so instead getting a message everytime I hit combine: " This seems correct but something is wrong. Perhaps you need to know something more in order to combine this "

I wonder on this message. Does it mean I need to have a 300 skill to do the combine? Does it mean I need to be at a certain exp level? (2 of the components have a required level of 80, exquisite spinneret fluid and mythical filament). What I have done in regard to this message is to increase my skill level by 50ish points, absorb each and every tailoring scroll and book available from the PoK vendors, and read pages and pages of forum posts. I have read a few iotas about the above error message, but no one went into depth about it, so I'm lost.

Specifically I'm trying to make an elegant mistwoven armband. I have followed the ingredient list to a tee and am using the appropriate cultural tailoring kit. Only my skill level and experience level seem to be preventative factors in my ability to attempt the final combine.

Any direction on this would be helpful. Thanks.
    Baldaek the Fierce

Jasmen "Julia" Childs

Two things:

For this high trivial cultural combine you must have 300 skill

and permission by the purchase and scribing of the scroll from the merchant in front of the library, which you can do only with 300 skill.

Comment

Need books and skill

As Paloverde noted ...

1. You must find the appropriate cultural recipe book from a cultural historian (in front of the PoK library or in hometowns) ... hold while my enchanter ports to get specifics ...

A cultural smithing historian has smithing recipes up to Elaborate and Sacred
      A cultural tailoring historian has tailoring recipes up to Elaborate and Sacred
      A cultural discoveries historian has smithing, tailoring, and tinkering recipes for Elegant, Exalted, and Sublime
      A cultural tinkering historian has tinkering recipes up to Elaborate and Sacred

2. To see the appropriate book in the vendors inventory, you must have sufficent raw skill: 275? for Elaborate ... 300 for Elegant. My chanter, with smithing 300 and tailoring 242 and no tinkering sees:

A cultural smithing historian has smithing recipes up to Elaborate and Sacred
      A cultural tailoring historian has tailoring recipes up to Intricate and Sacred
      A cultural discoveries historian has smithing recipes for Elegant, Exalted, and Sublime
      A cultural tinkering historian has no recipes.

--------------------------------------------------------------
      To make an elegant mistwoven armband., you need:
      1. to buy and scribe "Elegant Iksar Cultural Tailoring" from a cultural discoveries histroian
      2. have raw tailoring skill of 300, or you won't be able to see the book.
      Last edited by Shadrok; 07-25-2009, 10:59 AM.
      Trophies: Fr-2 Jour-4 Exp-8 Mast-6 GM-29

Comment

I just started the quests for cultural tailoring and am a little confused. After I do all the quests, will the recipes show up automatically or will I have to experiment to learn them?

Thank you!

Comment

on live servers you don't have to do the quests any more. Go see Culturalist Devari inside the small bank in PoK and upstairs. He should have everything you need to make cultural armors. You can buy the books/scrolls from him or other NPCS up by the library and scribe them to learn the recipes. You can only see the books based on what your skill is - if your tailoring skill in under 50 you can only see simple. The higher your skill climbs, the more books you can see. Some books are not skill dependent, but most are.
          Aanuvane Bristlecone - Druid - Povar via Quellious via Rodcet Nife
          AKA Muertenie, Melodee, Orelinde, Nounie, Gnomess, Cininea Ashryn, Mairede or a host of additional alts. Maybe also be found on Rabon, Kynsh or Atracker.

Comment

Originally posted by Aanuvane View Post
            on live servers you don't have to do the quests any more. Go see Culturalist Devari inside the small bank in PoK and upstairs. He should have everything you need to make cultural armors. You can buy the books/scrolls from him or other NPCS up by the library and scribe them to learn the recipes. You can only see the books based on what your skill is - if your tailoring skill in under 50 you can only see simple. The higher your skill climbs, the more books you can see. Some books are not skill dependent, but most are.
            Thank you Aanuvane!

Comment

Working...
            X