Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is true, except for that ratio only works for two out of the three types of branches, because in order to achieve that ratio, you have to make the bow after you make the staff. The Supple Recurve (straight treant branch) is only 288 trivial. You have to make the compound to get over 300. I can't see torturing yourself by laminating AND farming battle cams at the same time /shudder.

To me, it is much simpler to just farm two more branches, than to mess with laminating, at least until you get to 298. Laminating requires more farming (horse hooves for one) and many more subcombines. Not to mention you have to get the laminating device, rollers and blade before you can start to laminate. I suppose that is a matter of opinion, but the non laminated compounds to get you the last two points just seem like a better deal to me.
    Jinaabi Vah Shir - Bristlebane
    Smithing 300 7/7
    Tailoring 300 7/7
    Fletching 300 7/7
    Pottery 300 6/7
    Baking 300 7/7
    Brewing 300 6/7
    Jewelry 300 6/7
    Dagnora Drakkin
    Poison Making 300 7/7

Comment

2x of the laminated recurve bows trivial over 300, you do not need cams for them at all. (you can, but theyre unnessecary)

The horse hoofs were about the same to farm up as the broken bits, but each horse hoof makes ten (10) laminate glue. So, a lot less farming for them.

In general using laminates is less farming for branches and subcomponents, and more combines from it.

Once you get set up for making the laminated recurve bows... it goes fast and is easier.

Comment

anyway we can get this guide stickied? I find it much more useful than the 5.0 (although i still use 5.0 for some parts of certain skills).

Comment

Originally posted by dalanon View Post
          anyway we can get this guide stickied? I find it much more useful than the 5.0 (although i still use 5.0 for some parts of certain skills).
          We're trying...

Mikaal Drazzminius
          Tier'Dal Necromancer
          Rodcet Nife by Birth / Quellious by Merger / Povar by Re-Merger

Master Artisan
          Necrotalk Admin
          EQ Traders Super Moderator
          EQ Magelo Advisor/Moderator

Comment

Found you

Aha!

I had not realized this was not stickied. I had to widen my date range to find you.

-- Morro

Comment

Although I can now update the database and News Page, alas I cannot sticky this thread.

I'll have to stop by this post every month or so to ***bump***.

Mikaal Drazzminius
              Tier'Dal Necromancer

Master Artisan
              Necrotalk Admin

Comment

Tailoring

Fantastic pelts can be used to make hilt wraps that trivial at 282. I am in a limbo state at 260 with quite a bit of high level pelts/silks but there was no point in using them because the combines were too high to evolve my trophy. I am glad that I was able to use some immaculate pelts to raise my skills a bit. I wish there was a similar path with silks, because as it stands I have stacks of high level mats that really don't make much sense for me to use until my skill is high enough to cause some trophy xp.

Comment

Originally posted by rocc42o View Post
                  Fantastic pelts can be used to make hilt wraps that trivial at 282. I am in a limbo state at 260 with quite a bit of high level pelts/silks but there was no point in using them because the combines were too high to evolve my trophy. I am glad that I was able to use some immaculate pelts to raise my skills a bit. I wish there was a similar path with silks, because as it stands I have stacks of high level mats that really don't make much sense for me to use until my skill is high enough to cause some trophy xp.
                  After a raw skill of 250, the within 100 of raw skill no longer applies to evolving the trophy. Any combine trivial 350 or higher is rounded down to 350 for evolving the trophy. Therefore you can use anything you want after that point and it will offer both skill ups and evolve the trophy.
                  Shawlweaver Sphynx on Cazic Thule
                  Master Artisan Aldier on Cazic Thule

Comment

Not to mention that the use of Fantastic anything for Sub-300 combines isn't economically sound at this point...
                    Mikaal Drazzminius
                    Tier'Dal Necromancer

Master Artisan
                    Necrotalk Admin

Comment

• Small blast from the past :-p
                      Glad to see the Guide is still alive and ever evolving :-)
                      Happy tradeskiling, Secone - still retired :-)
                      Expert Artisan Secone Iceskimo of Antonius Bayle
                      70 Paladin of Tunare
                      My Complete Tradeskill Guide 3.0
                      (300 Brewer +15%) (300 Jewler+12%) (300 Baker) (300 Potter+12%)
                      (286 Fletcher, Mastery1+8%) (300 Smith, Mastery3+12%) (253 Tailor+8%) (200 Fisher)
                      Salvage3
                      Fumlefingre (286)+8% Tinker
                      Snigemorder (300)+15% Poisonmaker

Comment

• Hey Secone!!! Thanks for stopping by! You started a wonderful thing with the original Guide!!!

Happy Holidays!
                        Mikaal Drazzminius
                        Tier'Dal Necromancer

Master Artisan
                        Necrotalk Admin

Comment

• Bump
                          Aanuvane Bristlecone - Druid - Povar via Quellious via Rodcet Nife
                          AKA Muertenie, Melodee, Orelinde, Nounie, Gnomess, Cininea Ashryn, Mairede or a host of additional alts. Maybe also be found on Rabon, Kynsh or Atracker.

Comment

• rubicite blacksmithing from 196-210

Rubicite ore is great for blacksmithing rubicite templates from 196-210.

It does go from 1 to 2 to 3 pieces of ore so watch out.
                            Rubicite can be gotten cheaply in the bazaar if you watch for it, say 2-10 pp.
                            Everything else can be purchased and you only lose a few plat in the merchant resale.

-- Morro

Comment

• Is there a guide for people on progression who can't do the abysmal quests for 0-54?

I saw a few did but not all ;(
                              Last edited by gomerrpyle; 04-03-2011, 09:29 PM. Reason: fixed lvl

Comment

• For which Tradeskill in particular, Gomer? Most tradeskills can use a simple combine to get them from 0 to 54 (Fish Rolls for example when doing baking) that will get them to where they want to be in no time.
                                Mikaal Drazzminius
                                Tier'Dal Necromancer

Master Artisan
                                Necrotalk Admin

Comment

Working...
                                X