Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Complete Tradeskill Guide 6.1 (Serverwide Drop Edition) / Rev Apr 2009

Elegant/Stalwart/Sublime/Venerable require 300.

Elaborate/Eminent requires 275.

I forget what the minimum skill requirement is for Ornate/Sacred.
    Shawlweaver Sphynx on Cazic Thule
    Master Artisan Aldier on Cazic Thule

Hobbyist
    Dunno if it has been mentioned before but the trivial listed in the "Dropped Route" Tailoring for Rough Hilt Wrap indicated 122 and the trivial as of 7/29/10 is 112.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizabelle View Post
    Dunno if it has been mentioned before but the trivial listed in the "Dropped Route" Tailoring for Rough Hilt Wrap indicated 122 and the trivial as of 7/29/10 is 112.
    Fixed and thanks!
    Mikaal Drazzminius
    Tier'Dal Necromancer
    Rodcet Nife by Birth / Quellious by Merger / Povar by Re-Merger

Master Artisan
    Necrotalk Admin
    EQ Traders Super Moderator
    EQ Magelo Advisor/Moderator

Visitor
    Finding cultural silks and leathers in the bazaar may have been a good option in past years, but lately with tons of people trying to get TS's to 300 for the shawl, and with the declining population of people who bother to put vendors up at all, this isn't a very practical path.

An alternative route to 252 skill is Epicthieck's Power belt (252) which then combines again to get Small Epicthieck's Power Bel(252). Two combines per drop.

This involves farming : Corathus Entrails, however these can be farmed extremely easily in an instance: Find Fibblebrap 1: The Mines. Enter the instance, go down the first elevator, and you will be attacked by about 18 extremely low level mobs (make sure you have no DS or you may lose bodies due to not doing any real damage before they kill themselves). Loot these, which drop entrails at a decent rate, average 8 per instance, drop instance, repeat. It is possible to clear the rest of the instance for a few more entrails, but I found it very time consuming and unproductive, I got one entrail on an entire clear... and its also possible to accidentally succeed at the task and so lock yourself out of getting the instance for a few hours! Farming only the initial mobs takes about 4 minutes per cycle and half of that time spent just running back to get instance again and running to instance.

Quote Originally Posted by Berg View Post
    Finding cultural silks and leathers in the bazaar may have been a good option in past years, but lately with tons of people trying to get TS's to 300 for the shawl, and with the declining population of people who bother to put vendors up at all, this isn't a very practical path.
    I'd have to say that this may vary by Server. On Povar-Quellious, I've been Bazaar Farming Silks and Spinnerets lately to finish up my Fletching Trophy and have had no problem locating the silks (I run out of plat more often than silk options). Granted, the silks are going for more now than previously (I pay 20-50 pp per silk and 50-125 pp per spinneret), but all in all it is still a very viable means, in my opinion. The thing is, you can't sell the final product to a vendor and the market for them in the Bazaar is fairly low, but they make great Tribute items (from 64-196 per Bow, in this case). Silk Templates on the other hand CAN be sold to a vendor and both the template and the final product can be used for Tribute, also.
    Mikaal Drazzminius
    Tier'Dal Necromancer

Master Artisan
    Necrotalk Admin

Added Cultural Fletching.

Need recipes for Reaching Symbols other than what's already in the Database.
    Mikaal Drazzminius
    Tier'Dal Necromancer

Master Artisan
    Necrotalk Admin

Added Reaching Symbols as a skill-up path for Fletching.
    Mikaal Drazzminius
    Tier'Dal Necromancer

Master Artisan
    Necrotalk Admin

Trader
    Quote Originally Posted by Drazzminius View Post
    I'm working on one that fits the formatting I've put together here, but until then, the following applies (already listed in Spell Research above):

Alternative Route (Tomes):
    0 - Level Guildmaster training
    ..54 Crescent Reach Newbie Research
    102 Oil of Vitrol
    120 Fine Runic Papyrus Solution
    144 Parchment Solution
    172 Level 55 Tomes
    174 Fine Parchment Solution
    203 Vellum Parchment Solution
    216 Fine Vellum Parchment Solution
    243 Runic Parchment Solution
    258 Level 56 Tomes
    298 Level 61 Tomes
    331 Level 65 Tomes
    Suggest that you include "Vial of Muratic Acid" trivial 102, which would be made at the same time as the "Oil of Vitrol". The acid combine would use the "Oil of Vitrol" - this is a good conservation of materials and cheap 2nd combine.

also - as a returning player, my level 69 monk with research skill 0 was boosted to research 73 when I added 1 training point to research with crescent reach monk guildmaster. So I think where your skill start is dependant on the monks level, you just needt to train the first point. (wasn't able to use research container until after I trained the point).
    Last edited by gnormy; 08-08-2010 at 07:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gnormy View Post
    Suggest that you include "Vial of Muratic Acid" trivial 102, which would be made at the same time as the "Oil of Vitrol". The acid combine would use the "Oil of Vitrol" - this is a good conservation of materials and cheap 2nd combine.
    Added. As for the Guildmaster, it's always been a "First Point = Current Level" type thing. Not sure if I really need to put it in each of the skills.
    Mikaal Drazzminius
    Tier'Dal Necromancer

Master Artisan
    Necrotalk Admin

Hobbyist
    I would like to propose you add Desiccated Treant Recurve Bow with a trivial of 298 instead of the laminated version. The recurves don't require battle bow cams (more farming) or the extra work of laminating As a matter of fact, I would avoid laminating all together and finish the last 2 points with either Oak Treant Compound Bow or Desiccated Treant Compound Bow.

Also, you could add Oak Treant Recurve Bow trivial 291. When you are farming for branches you are going to get these along with the Dry Treant Branch (and also the straight treant branch, but that non-battle cam bow is only 278).

Visitor
    I just wanted to say how awesome this guide has been.
    Siwel Cire - Povar (Originally Quellious)
    85 Wood Elf Ranger - Vinceremo
    100% Salvage Potion FREE!

Salvage 6/6
    Baking - 267/300 +8% Mastery 3/3
    Blacksmithing - 300 +12% Mastery 3/3
    Brewing - 182 +4% Mastery 0/3
    Fletching - 268 +8% Mastery 0/3
    Jewel Crafting - 31 Mastery 0/3
    Pottery - 173 Mastery 0/3
    Research - 0 Hybrid Research 0/10
    Tailoring - 300 +12% Mastery 3/3

Glad it's been of help to you! It's a great compilation of all the work of MANY individuals!
    Mikaal Drazzminius
    Tier'Dal Necromancer

Master Artisan
    Necrotalk Admin

With the changes that have come out since the last "major" revision to this list, and a new expansion looming, I am wondering if a new version, revision may be needed.

For the most part though, we seem to only be adding alternative ways to skill up, and are not seeing any new groundbreaking skill up routes so it may not be required, will have to wait and see what HoT has to offer.

From the little bits of info I've been able to gleam from Beta, there doesn't appear to be any major impact on Tradeskills with the new expansion, other than our level 7 trophy bags automatically converting to new 12 slot bags (which is huge, in my opinion).

As far as a version 6.2 or even 7.0, I'm willing to redo the entire Guide and prepare it for launch - just tell me what people want.
    Mikaal Drazzminius
    Tier'Dal Necromancer

Master Artisan
    Necrotalk Admin

Apprentice Trader
    actually on the fletching part it may be a bit more farming to make all the laminated bows, but if you think about it on a per branch basis, the unlaminated bows give you a 1-1 ratio of potential (1 branch to 1 combine with a high trivial) while the laminated version gives you a 3-4 ratio (3 branches = 4 combines with a high trivial)

Hobbyist
    This is true, except for that ratio only works for two out of the three types of branches, because in order to achieve that ratio, you have to make the bow after you make the staff. The Supple Recurve (straight treant branch) is only 288 trivial. You have to make the compound to get over 300. I can't see torturing yourself by laminating AND farming battle cams at the same time /shudder.

To me, it is much simpler to just farm two more branches, than to mess with laminating, at least until you get to 298. Laminating requires more farming (horse hooves for one) and many more subcombines. Not to mention you have to get the laminating device, rollers and blade before you can start to laminate. I suppose that is a matter of opinion, but the non laminated compounds to get you the last two points just seem like a better deal to me.

Visitor
    2x of the laminated recurve bows trivial over 300, you do not need cams for them at all. (you can, but theyre unnessecary)

The horse hoofs were about the same to farm up as the broken bits, but each horse hoof makes ten (10) laminate glue. So, a lot less farming for them.

In general using laminates is less farming for branches and subcomponents, and more combines from it.

Once you get set up for making the laminated recurve bows... it goes fast and is easier.

Visitor
    anyway we can get this guide stickied? I find it much more useful than the 5.0 (although i still use 5.0 for some parts of certain skills).

Quote Originally Posted by dalanon View Post
    anyway we can get this guide stickied? I find it much more useful than the 5.0 (although i still use 5.0 for some parts of certain skills).
    We're trying...

Mikaal Drazzminius
    Tier'Dal Necromancer

Master Artisan
    Necrotalk Admin

Visitor

Found you

Aha!

I had not realized this was not stickied. I had to widen my date range to find you.

-- Morro

Although I can now update the database and News Page, alas I cannot sticky this thread.

I'll have to stop by this post every month or so to ***bump***.

Mikaal Drazzminius
    Tier'Dal Necromancer

Master Artisan
    Necrotalk Admin

Visitor

Tailoring

Fantastic pelts can be used to make hilt wraps that trivial at 282. I am in a limbo state at 260 with quite a bit of high level pelts/silks but there was no point in using them because the combines were too high to evolve my trophy. I am glad that I was able to use some immaculate pelts to raise my skills a bit. I wish there was a similar path with silks, because as it stands I have stacks of high level mats that really don't make much sense for me to use until my skill is high enough to cause some trophy xp.

Quote Originally Posted by rocc42o View Post
    Fantastic pelts can be used to make hilt wraps that trivial at 282. I am in a limbo state at 260 with quite a bit of high level pelts/silks but there was no point in using them because the combines were too high to evolve my trophy. I am glad that I was able to use some immaculate pelts to raise my skills a bit. I wish there was a similar path with silks, because as it stands I have stacks of high level mats that really don't make much sense for me to use until my skill is high enough to cause some trophy xp.
    After a raw skill of 250, the within 100 of raw skill no longer applies to evolving the trophy. Any combine trivial 350 or higher is rounded down to 350 for evolving the trophy. Therefore you can use anything you want after that point and it will offer both skill ups and evolve the trophy.

Not to mention that the use of Fantastic anything for Sub-300 combines isn't economically sound at this point...
    Mikaal Drazzminius
    Tier'Dal Necromancer

Master Artisan
    Necrotalk Admin

Small blast from the past :-p
    Glad to see the Guide is still alive and ever evolving :-)
    Happy tradeskiling, Secone - still retired :-)
    Expert Artisan Secone Iceskimo of Antonius Bayle
    70 Paladin of Tunare
    My Complete Tradeskill Guide 3.0
    (300 Brewer +15%) (300 Jewler+12%) (300 Baker) (300 Potter+12%)
    (286 Fletcher, Mastery1+8%) (300 Smith, Mastery3+12%) (253 Tailor+8%) (200 Fisher)
    Salvage3
    Fumlefingre (286)+8% Tinker
    Snigemorder (300)+15% Poisonmaker