Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 156

Thread: Complete Tradeskill Guide 6.1 (Serverwide Drop Edition) / Rev Apr 2009

  1. #51
    Apprentice Trader
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    262
    I am not certain how to maintain this page, as someone has asked a question in another thread that would be answered by this guide, but since this guide had slipped off the page due to the time it was last posted to, it was not available for his reference.

  2. #52
    Super Moderator Drazzminius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    272
    Quote Originally Posted by Xerius View Post
    I am not certain how to maintain this page, as someone has asked a question in another thread that would be answered by this guide, but since this guide had slipped off the page due to the time it was last posted to, it was not available for his reference.
    By replying to this post, you answered your own question.

    If we can get it stickied, that would be even better.

    Mikaal Drazzminius
    Tier'Dal Necromancer
    Rodcet Nife by Birth / Quellious by Merger / Povar by Re-Merger


    Master Artisan
    Necrotalk Admin
    EQ Traders Super Moderator
    EQ Magelo Advisor/Moderator

  3. #53
    Apprentice Trader
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    262
    This is true, but as it is frowned upon in many forums to bump threads, I hoped to accomplish two goals, first, to bump the thread without being too obvious about it, and second, to bring up with a measure of subtlety the need for this thread to be stickied, if need be, at the expensie of the old one.

  4. #54
    Super Moderator Drazzminius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    272
    Seeing that this thread encompasses the intent of the old version, I believe it should override the original and be stickied.

    Again, I take no credit for having compiled this version; I just kind of took over where others had started but were unavailable to update.
    Mikaal Drazzminius
    Tier'Dal Necromancer
    Rodcet Nife by Birth / Quellious by Merger / Povar by Re-Merger


    Master Artisan
    Necrotalk Admin
    EQ Traders Super Moderator
    EQ Magelo Advisor/Moderator

  5. #55
    Visitor
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    6
    For those of us wishing for a single local page or something we can load into our e-readers (you may need to use a conversion program calibre is a good program) ive attached a single file that has some navigation built into it for easy movement throughout the document on both compatible e-readers and obviously browsers. You will want to change the extension from .txt to .html or have calibre deal with it by converting it into an epub file.
    Attached Files Attached Files

  6. #56
    Visitor
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    32
    Quote Originally Posted by Drazzminius View Post
    ....
    262 Any spell thats 262 trivial
    292 Any spell thats 292 trivial
    300 Any spell thats 292+ trivial

    I'm working on one that fits the formatting I've put together here, but until then, the following applies (already listed in Spell Research above):


    Alternative Route (Tomes):
    0 - Level Guildmaster training
    ..54 Crescent Reach Newbie Research
    102 Oil of Vitrol
    120 Fine Runic Papyrus Solution
    144 Parchment Solution
    172 Level 55 Tomes
    174 Fine Parchment Solution
    203 Vellum Parchment Solution
    216 Fine Vellum Parchment Solution
    243 Runic Parchment Solution
    258 Level 56 Tomes
    298 Level 61 Tomes
    331 Level 65 Tomes
    After extensive research, as well as those posted in this thread already. After 243 the only research available for HYBRIDS are
    258 - Tome of Ichor Guard
    258 - Tome of Guard of Piety
    262 - Researcher Ceramic Clay
    298 - Tome of Soul Guard
    298 - Tome of Guard of Humility
    351 - Tome of Soul Shield
    there are some more 351+ but you get the idea
    There are a few more for Melee's but NOT Hybrids, even the Hybrid spells aren't researchable by Hybrids only by INT casters. I wouldn't call this an alternate route but the ONLY route for Hybrids at this time.
    Last edited by Rhynoe; 02-22-2010 at 05:09 PM.

  7. #57
    Apprentice Trader
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    262
    There are a few more for Melee's but NOT Hybrids, even the Hybrid spells aren't researchable by Hybrids only by INT casters. I wouldn't call this an alternate route but the ONLY route for Hybrids at this time.
    Hybrids can research either hybrid tomes or hybrid spells. Their only limitation is that they cannot research pure caster spells, pure melee tomes, and Bards are limited to songs and Bard tomes only.

    Edit: You may be looking at the spell recipes in the EQTraders database and noting that some of the hybrid spells are not showing as createable in the Hybrid Research Kit. That would be due to no-one so far reporting them being made in the Hybrid Research Kit. There have been a couple of bugs involving making sub combines, but I have seen no reports of a hybrid spell that has not been combineable in their own kit.
    Last edited by Xerius; 02-22-2010 at 06:38 PM.

  8. #58
    Visitor
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    32
    Quote Originally Posted by Xerius View Post
    Hybrids can research either hybrid tomes or hybrid spells. Their only limitation is that they cannot research pure caster spells, pure melee tomes, and Bards are limited to songs and Bard tomes only.

    Edit: You may be looking at the spell recipes in the EQTraders database and noting that some of the hybrid spells are not showing as createable in the Hybrid Research Kit. That would be due to no-one so far reporting them being made in the Hybrid Research Kit. There have been a couple of bugs involving making sub combines, but I have seen no reports of a hybrid spell that has not been combineable in their own kit.
    Yes I couldn't find any spell sub 350+ researchable in EQTraders database for Hybrids. I went through the list provided in this thread, clicked on them all and the only things I could find for Hybrids listed were two tomes with 258 triv, the clay @ 262 triv then the two tomes @ 298 triv. I'm not saying that there might not be spell combines out there, just that going by the most reliable database players have which is the EQTraders database, I could not find any combines for Hybrid spells between 243- 350+

  9. #59
    Expert Trader
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    729
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhynoe View Post
    I'm not saying that there might not be spell combines out there, just that going by the most reliable database players have which is the EQTraders database
    That is for multiple reasons, but mainly because the known and reported data has not made it into the database yet. If you do a little searching on the Research threads and or on Allakhazam and/or use the research books to test out and find he recipes, you will find there are multiple ones out there. Don't have the time right now, but it won't take long (and you really only need a couple, unless you are trying to learn as many as you can while skilling up).


    Gorse

  10. #60
    Master Trader Aldier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    1,520
    Any hybrid spell SHOULD be able to be crafted by hybrids in the proper hybrid research container.

    However, since this is an update to the database, someone would need to submit those additions to the website (top section, database update submissions) and when a database person gets time to enter the changes will update them. I suggest you attempt any spell you think you should be able to make and post any updates you find.
    Shawlweaver Sphynx on Cazic Thule
    Master Artisan Aldier on Cazic Thule

  11. #61
    Apprentice Trader
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    226
    Baking has a good recipe to 300, not in the op.

    Grilled Stuffed Brell's Bounty
    Get the 1 ground-spawn or buy it in baz, and do all combines in CR where a single vendor has all items but cheese, and is by an oven.

    Also, I'm loving the RNG today:

    Xislaben The Rising Sun - Crimson Tempest


    Dead Things

  12. #62
    Hobbyist
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    88
    Thanks .. I was looking for a recipe to get to 300 that doens't involve a great deal of subcombines. I didn't have the space to do picnic baskets 5 years ago when i got to 250, I have even less space today.



  13. #63
    Visitor
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by Xislaben View Post
    Baking has a good recipe to 300, not in the op.

    Grilled Stuffed Brell's Bounty
    Get the 1 ground-spawn or buy it in baz, and do all combines in CR where a single vendor has all items but cheese, and is by an oven.

    Also, I'm loving the RNG today:
    and Cheese is bought downstairs for 1 location (2 vendors sell is in CR)
    There are over 20 shrooms in BR and about 20 in CC not to mention you can forage them or get a mob drop
    Only has 1 subcombine

  14. #64
    Super Moderator Drazzminius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    272
    Quote Originally Posted by Xislaben View Post
    Baking has a good recipe to 300, not in the op.

    Grilled Stuffed Brell's Bounty
    Get the 1 ground-spawn or buy it in baz, and do all combines in CR where a single vendor has all items but cheese, and is by an oven.
    ]
    Added, Xis.
    Mikaal Drazzminius
    Tier'Dal Necromancer
    Rodcet Nife by Birth / Quellious by Merger / Povar by Re-Merger


    Master Artisan
    Necrotalk Admin
    EQ Traders Super Moderator
    EQ Magelo Advisor/Moderator

  15. #65
    Visitor
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    8

    Add to Guide for Pottery

    You can make Unfired Cloudy Energeian Light Orb with a triv of 356 then fire them for Sealed Cloudy Energeian Light Orb triv 316. Kinda backwards for the results but very cost effective. The sealed give you 4 for every combine and sell to vender for 62pp each. I was making a few plat a combine set.

  16. #66
    Visitor
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizlycub View Post
    You can make Unfired Cloudy Energeian Light Orb with a triv of 356 then fire them for Sealed Cloudy Energeian Light Orb triv 316. Kinda backwards for the results but very cost effective. The sealed give you 4 for every combine and sell to vender for 62pp each. I was making a few plat a combine set.
    Thank you! just saved me 100K to finish skilling up! I had avoided those recipies as they looked too expensive but I came out very near neutral. One Sunshard Ore = 10 chances to skill up, 11 if your skill is less than 290.

    Now find me a fletching alternative that is as easy and inexpesnive, please
    Last edited by Vivamort; 04-09-2010 at 01:56 PM.

  17. #67
    Visitor
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    14
    This thread really needs to be sticky and to replace 5.0 which is not nearly as accurate nor as up to date.
    I hope this bumps this thread back into view.

  18. #68
    Visitor
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    5
    Fletchering recommendation:

    291 Oak Treant Recurve Bow (involves farming and/or foraging)
    298 Desiccated Treant Recurve Bow (involves farming and/or foraging)

    Should be replaced with:
    302 Supple Treant Laminated Recurve Bow (involves farming and/or foraging)
    302 Oak Treant Laminated Recurve Bow (involves farming and/or foraging)
    308 Desiccated Treant Laminated Recurve Bow (involves farming and/or foraging)

    The trivials are a little higher, but you get about 30% more combines for the branches you scrounge up.
    (i.e: 50 branches = 100 laminate’s = 33 bow staffs, then 33 bows = 66 combines vs 50 combines with the plain recurve bow)

  19. #69
    Visitor
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Araeshkigal View Post
    This thread really needs to be sticky and to replace 5.0 which is not nearly as accurate nor as up to date.
    I hope this bumps this thread back into view.
    Personally if he or she added the older methods that like the old Jewelry list onto this one and others on it that are still viable I would agree, but I still work between the 2 of them.

  20. #70
    Visitor
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    1
    Rubicite is 196 not 198 for smithing

  21. #71
    Super Moderator Drazzminius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    272
    Quote Originally Posted by Filtiky View Post
    Fletchering recommendation:

    291 Oak Treant Recurve Bow (involves farming and/or foraging)
    298 Desiccated Treant Recurve Bow (involves farming and/or foraging)

    Should be replaced with:
    302 Supple Treant Laminated Recurve Bow (involves farming and/or foraging)
    302 Oak Treant Laminated Recurve Bow (involves farming and/or foraging)
    308 Desiccated Treant Laminated Recurve Bow (involves farming and/or foraging)

    The trivials are a little higher, but you get about 30% more combines for the branches you scrounge up.
    (i.e: 50 branches = 100 laminate’s = 33 bow staffs, then 33 bows = 66 combines vs 50 combines with the plain recurve bow)
    Quote Originally Posted by smaragdine View Post
    Rubicite is 196 not 198 for smithing
    Updated both. Thank you for the inputs!
    Mikaal Drazzminius
    Tier'Dal Necromancer
    Rodcet Nife by Birth / Quellious by Merger / Povar by Re-Merger


    Master Artisan
    Necrotalk Admin
    EQ Traders Super Moderator
    EQ Magelo Advisor/Moderator

  22. #72
    Master Trader Aldier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    1,520
    Rubicite GLOVES are 198... bracers are 196
    Shawlweaver Sphynx on Cazic Thule
    Master Artisan Aldier on Cazic Thule

  23. #73
    Super Moderator Drazzminius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    272
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldier View Post
    Rubicite GLOVES are 198... bracers are 196
    LOL, "Edited" back.

    Mikaal Drazzminius
    Tier'Dal Necromancer
    Rodcet Nife by Birth / Quellious by Merger / Povar by Re-Merger


    Master Artisan
    Necrotalk Admin
    EQ Traders Super Moderator
    EQ Magelo Advisor/Moderator

  24. #74
    Visitor
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    15
    You've listed Elegant Cultural as a skill up path - however you cannot actually buy the recipe books until your skill is 300... and you can't do the recipes unless you have the books scribed, no? So its not actually useful fr skill ups. Or did I miss something there?

  25. #75
    Super Moderator Drazzminius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    272
    Although some recipes only become available once you've "mastered" the skill, those particular recipes are still useful for maxing out your trophies (taking them to full level 7).

    In the case of Elegant Cultural, are you referring to either Smithing or Tailoring? I'd have to go back and look, but I'm pretty sure you can get the books before 300 (Stalwart requires 300 raw skill, however). Also pretty sure I did combines in both to max out my skills and trophies there.
    Mikaal Drazzminius
    Tier'Dal Necromancer
    Rodcet Nife by Birth / Quellious by Merger / Povar by Re-Merger


    Master Artisan
    Necrotalk Admin
    EQ Traders Super Moderator
    EQ Magelo Advisor/Moderator

Similar Threads

  1. new cultural recipe books
    By Sukrasisx in forum Database Updates Completed
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 11-02-2010, 03:38 PM
  2. Kyro: Complete Tradeskill Guide's
    By Rundle Allnighter in forum Tradeskill Guides and UI Mods
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-13-2007, 11:49 AM
  3. Component List for PoP
    By Zephaus in forum Pottery
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 09-06-2004, 07:37 PM
  4. JPF Druid Armor Walkthrough Draft
    By SilverfurMangycoat in forum Tradeskill Guides and UI Mods
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-01-2003, 06:35 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •