Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just walk into the bazaar at different times of day and look for gems that are just above your skill level. I never set up a buyer, but managed to find several stacks of morganite, jacinth, and nihilites for between 1 and 5 plat a piece. Never sold one of the augs I made, just gave them away. Compared to the old days of jewelry, it was cheap.

Comment

• i've been fortunate lately to have been getting full stacks of bd/diamonds in feerrott with frogs and temple. this seems to still give faster skill ups then uncut gems.

side note, is there anyway to change the order of the uncut tool to be in order of variations?

Comment

• Originally posted by Vivamort View Post
        Thank you! just saved me 100K to finish skilling up! I had avoided those recipies as they looked too expensive but I came out very near neutral. One Sunshard Ore = 10 chances to skill up, 11 if your skill is less than 290.

Now find me a fletching alternative that is as easy and inexpesnive, please
        unfired = chance 1; fired = chance 2. Looks like 2 to me. How are you getting "10 or 11"?

Comment

• Originally posted by Mukkul View Post
          unfired = chance 1; fired = chance 2. Looks like 2 to me. How are you getting "10 or 11"?
          one sunshard ore makes 5 Silver Infused Energeiac Clay and the trivial is 290 - that's 1
          one Silver Infused Energeiac Clay makes one Unfired Cloudy Energeian Light Orb and the trivial is 356 - that's now a total of 6 skill up chances (if your skill is under 290) from one sunshard ore
          one Unfired Cloudy Energeian Light Orb makes one Sealed Cloudy Energeian Light Orb and the trivial is 316 - that's now a total of 11 skill up chances from one sunshard ore (provided you succeeded on all five unfired opportunities)

Aanuvane Bristlecone - Druid - Povar via Quellious via Rodcet Nife
          AKA Muertenie, Melodee, Orelinde, Nounie, Gnomess, Cininea Ashryn, Mairede or a host of additional alts. Maybe also be found on Rabon, Kynsh or Atracker.

Comment

• Originally posted by YurienStonebow View Post
            i've been fortunate lately to have been getting full stacks of bd/diamonds in feerrott with frogs and temple. this seems to still give faster skill ups then uncut gems.

side note, is there anyway to change the order of the uncut tool to be in order of variations?
            I am not quite sure what you are referring to, but I am assuming you are talking about the cut tool (trilion etc.). I typically buy several and make one of each instead of trying to convert it for the situation. Takes up space, but it is much easier than trying to keep a single one in the right form. If this isn't what you were referring to, then I apologize for being no help

Obviously farming all of you blue diamonds is the most cost effective, but if you have a bit of money to invest up front, buying them from the venders, then reselling the finished product only results in a semi minor loss. It was worth it for me anyway. I think overall I only lost 15-20k, although at one time I invested as much as 100k.
            Jinaabi Vah Shir - Bristlebane
            Smithing 300 7/7
            Tailoring 300 7/7
            Fletching 300 7/7
            Pottery 300 6/7
            Baking 300 7/7
            Brewing 300 6/7
            Jewelry 300 6/7
            Dagnora Drakkin
            Poison Making 300 7/7

Comment

• Originally posted by Grizlycub View Post
              You can make Unfired Cloudy Energeian Light Orb with a triv of 356 then fire them for Sealed Cloudy Energeian Light Orb triv 316. Kinda backwards for the results but very cost effective. The sealed give you 4 for every combine and sell to vender for 62pp each. I was making a few plat a combine set.
              I just evolved my Master Pottery Trophy from 0% to 100% on these Sealed Cloudy Energeian Light Orb. Here are the numbers required, bearing in mind some randomness, assuming 300 skill and Salvage 6/6 AA:

116 Sunshard Ore (makes 550 Silver Infused Energeiac Clay) -- random mob drop
              20 Large Block of Magic Clay (makes 120 Small Block of Magic Clay) -- enchanter level 8
              550 Vial of Clear Mana (28 stacks) -- enchanter level 29
              116 Pure Silver Ingot (6 stacks, Barren Coast vendor)
              550 Cloudy Energeian Sketch (28 stacks, Barren Coast vendor)
              176 Water Flask (9 stacks)
              1080 Distilled Essence of Light (54 stacks, PoK or Barren Coast)
              535 High Quality Firing Sheet (27 stacks)

Results = 550 unfired attempts = 536 unfired successes at 0.1% evolution each + 515 fired successes (x4 yield = 2060 Sealed Cloudy Energeian Light Orb) at 0.09% evolution each = 100% evolved.
              Investment = 120k. But you get all your pp back selling the sealed orbs to vendor.

So you can either use up some Sunshard Ore and kill time enchanting vials, or spend 75k and kill time enchanting clay to make the Unfired Star Ruby Encrusted Stein. I'm actually not sure which is better. Depends how much you value your Sunshard Ores. I wasn't using them for anything else.

You can get Pottery from 200 to 287 on dropped silks. 290 on Silver Infused Energeiac Clay. To go from 290 to 300 takes roughly 600 combines which would be 70 Sunshard Ore for the sealed orbs.

Comment

• There is an alternative path for post 275 when you are done with Spirit of Sloth. Use extracts. IF you have been a clever bunny and have been stockpiling the plant poison components like Muscimol, Delphinium, Caladium etc, then you have made life very easy for yourself.

Skillup on extracts
                All use 1 x plant (drop) + 1 of each of following 4 items bought from Toxicologist Huey in PoK.
                Formic Acid, Neutral Wash, Solusek Nodule, Waterbane Powder.
                All ingredients stack to 100.
                Al results stack to 100. *frantic cheering*

Results can be kept for utility poisons. In general the order of increasing skill is Pristine > Immaculate > Flawless > Tainted

The dropped ingredients and their trivials are as follows:

Pristine Larkspur 288
                Immaculate Larkspur 291
                Pristine Oleander 291
                Pristine Muscimol 292
                Immaculate Oleander 294
                Immaculate Muscimol 295
                Pristine Caladium 295
                Pristine Laburnum 296
                Pristine Delphinium 298
                Immaculate Caladium 298
                Immaculate Laburnum 299