This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’m loath to say it, but the fastest way to skill up fletching now is to:
    1) go to the marketplace and buy a Trasmogrification Scroll (US $25)
    2) change your race or religion to wood elf or Karana
    3) make Steel Guardian Arrows
    4) change back
    Furioso Presto - 85 bard - Saryrn
    Mohideab Kawika - 85 wizard - Saryrn
    Bashun Brakeum - 85 shaman - Saryrn

Comment

Originally posted by furioso View Post
      I’m loath to say it, but the fastest way to skill up fletching now is to:
      1) go to the marketplace and buy a Trasmogrification Scroll (US $25)
      2) change your race or religion to wood elf or Karana
      3) make Steel Guardian Arrows
      4) change back
      Now if there were a scroll to change your Class long enough to max this out also...

Mikaal Drazzminius
      Tier'Dal Necromancer
      Rodcet Nife by Birth / Quellious by Merger / Povar by Re-Merger

Master Artisan
      Necrotalk Admin
      EQ Traders Super Moderator
      EQ Magelo Advisor/Moderator

Comment

Trivial for Rough Hilt Wrap

The trivial for Rough Hilt Wrap is 112, not 122 as listed.

Rembinu
        [FONT=Verdana][SIZE=3][COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]
        Rembinu Feileacan
        Druid of the 81st Season

Shineonyou Crazydiamond
        Enchanter of the 62nd Season

Maelin Starpyre

Comment

It had been noted before, but only in passing, that for pure melee, there are no Research tomes able to be made between 171 trivial and 298. As such, it might be of use to modify the non caster Research section of the guide to indicate that instead of doing tomes with a 262 trivial, as they do not exist for pure melee, that one simply goes to the 298 trivial tomes for skill up. These are Rogue and Warrior only, since the higher trivial Monk tome has a 299 trivial and the higher trivial Berserker tome is 300. I am not certain whether those two higher trivial tomes are worth adding to the list, as they are a path to 300, inch by inch.

If you wanted to level a trophy after that point, the next tome up the line sits at 331 trivial.

Hybrid have a 262 trivial tome they can practice on, after that jumping to a 292, as per the existing guide entry.

On the other hand though, the Research section of the guide is becoming rather sizeable with special conditions already. Do we wish to confuse matters further by adding another route simply because four of the sixteen classes cannot use the guide precisely as it stands?

Comment

add Chronal Resonance Dust to the alternative JC skill up path.

I would also change the Dwerium/Palladium jewelry alternative skill up paths to include actual Dwerium and Palladium Jewelry with the actual jewelry. It's a much cheaper alternative when you can sell your jewelry to the public for plat. Just requires an enchanter

Comment

I am not certain how to maintain this page, as someone has asked a question in another thread that would be answered by this guide, but since this guide had slipped off the page due to the time it was last posted to, it was not available for his reference.

Comment

Originally posted by Xerius View Post
                I am not certain how to maintain this page, as someone has asked a question in another thread that would be answered by this guide, but since this guide had slipped off the page due to the time it was last posted to, it was not available for his reference.
                By replying to this post, you answered your own question.

If we can get it stickied, that would be even better.

Mikaal Drazzminius
                Tier'Dal Necromancer

Master Artisan
                Necrotalk Admin

Comment

This is true, but as it is frowned upon in many forums to bump threads, I hoped to accomplish two goals, first, to bump the thread without being too obvious about it, and second, to bring up with a measure of subtlety the need for this thread to be stickied, if need be, at the expensie of the old one.

Comment

Seeing that this thread encompasses the intent of the old version, I believe it should override the original and be stickied.

Again, I take no credit for having compiled this version; I just kind of took over where others had started but were unavailable to update.
                    Mikaal Drazzminius
                    Tier'Dal Necromancer

Master Artisan
                    Necrotalk Admin

Comment

For those of us wishing for a single local page or something we can load into our e-readers (you may need to use a conversion program calibre is a good program) ive attached a single file that has some navigation built into it for easy movement throughout the document on both compatible e-readers and obviously browsers. You will want to change the extension from .txt to .html or have calibre deal with it by converting it into an epub file.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Drazzminius View Post
                        262 Any spell thats 262 trivial
                        292 Any spell thats 292 trivial
                        300 Any spell thats 292+ trivial

I'm working on one that fits the formatting I've put together here, but until then, the following applies (already listed in Spell Research above):

Alternative Route (Tomes):
                        0 - Level Guildmaster training
                        ..54 Crescent Reach Newbie Research
                        102 Oil of Vitrol
                        120 Fine Runic Papyrus Solution
                        144 Parchment Solution
                        172 Level 55 Tomes
                        174 Fine Parchment Solution
                        203 Vellum Parchment Solution
                        216 Fine Vellum Parchment Solution
                        243 Runic Parchment Solution
                        258 Level 56 Tomes
                        298 Level 61 Tomes
                        331 Level 65 Tomes
                        After extensive research, as well as those posted in this thread already. After 243 the only research available for HYBRIDS are
                        258 - Tome of Ichor Guard
                        258 - Tome of Guard of Piety
                        262 - Researcher Ceramic Clay
                        298 - Tome of Soul Guard
                        298 - Tome of Guard of Humility
                        351 - Tome of Soul Shield
                        there are some more 351+ but you get the idea
                        There are a few more for Melee's but NOT Hybrids, even the Hybrid spells aren't researchable by Hybrids only by INT casters. I wouldn't call this an alternate route but the ONLY route for Hybrids at this time.
                        Last edited by Rhynoe; 02-22-2010, 05:09 PM.

Comment

There are a few more for Melee's but NOT Hybrids, even the Hybrid spells aren't researchable by Hybrids only by INT casters. I wouldn't call this an alternate route but the ONLY route for Hybrids at this time.
                          Hybrids can research either hybrid tomes or hybrid spells. Their only limitation is that they cannot research pure caster spells, pure melee tomes, and Bards are limited to songs and Bard tomes only.

Edit: You may be looking at the spell recipes in the EQTraders database and noting that some of the hybrid spells are not showing as createable in the Hybrid Research Kit. That would be due to no-one so far reporting them being made in the Hybrid Research Kit. There have been a couple of bugs involving making sub combines, but I have seen no reports of a hybrid spell that has not been combineable in their own kit.
                          Last edited by Xerius; 02-22-2010, 06:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Xerius View Post
                            Hybrids can research either hybrid tomes or hybrid spells. Their only limitation is that they cannot research pure caster spells, pure melee tomes, and Bards are limited to songs and Bard tomes only.

Edit: You may be looking at the spell recipes in the EQTraders database and noting that some of the hybrid spells are not showing as createable in the Hybrid Research Kit. That would be due to no-one so far reporting them being made in the Hybrid Research Kit. There have been a couple of bugs involving making sub combines, but I have seen no reports of a hybrid spell that has not been combineable in their own kit.
                            Yes I couldn't find any spell sub 350+ researchable in EQTraders database for Hybrids. I went through the list provided in this thread, clicked on them all and the only things I could find for Hybrids listed were two tomes with 258 triv, the clay @ 262 triv then the two tomes @ 298 triv. I'm not saying that there might not be spell combines out there, just that going by the most reliable database players have which is the EQTraders database, I could not find any combines for Hybrid spells between 243- 350+

Comment

Originally posted by Rhynoe View Post
                              I'm not saying that there might not be spell combines out there, just that going by the most reliable database players have which is the EQTraders database
                              That is for multiple reasons, but mainly because the known and reported data has not made it into the database yet. If you do a little searching on the Research threads and or on Allakhazam and/or use the research books to test out and find he recipes, you will find there are multiple ones out there. Don't have the time right now, but it won't take long (and you really only need a couple, unless you are trying to learn as many as you can while skilling up).

Gorse

Comment

Any hybrid spell SHOULD be able to be crafted by hybrids in the proper hybrid research container.

However, since this is an update to the database, someone would need to submit those additions to the website (top section, database update submissions) and when a database person gets time to enter the changes will update them. I suggest you attempt any spell you think you should be able to make and post any updates you find.
                                Shawlweaver Sphynx on Cazic Thule
                                Master Artisan Aldier on Cazic Thule

Comment

Working...
                                X