What's Better: Elegant Charm or Artisan's Charm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's Better: Elegant Charm or Artisan's Charm

Hi All. I thought I read somewhere (but I can't find it now), that something like: Elegant Charm of Derived Adaptation gets stronger/better with each piece of Elegant armor I wear? If that's true, my Ranger wears all elegant, with the exception of his helm (has a Fabled helm). Would I be better off with an Elegant Charm or the Artisan Charm? I am 300 in all tradeskills... Also, consider that like many of you, if I lose out on a few regular stats, it's not a huge deal, as they're all mostly maxxed anyway.

Sorry, I'd look on a couple of other websites, but am at work and this is the only site I can sneak onto.
    Paerien of Bristlebane
    Master Artisan, all trophies 7/7

As per Alla, the peak stats on the Elegant Charm of Derived Adaptation:
    AC: 30
    STR: +18+1 DEX: +9 STA: +18+4 CHA: +9 WIS: +18+1 INT: +18+1 AGI: +9 HP: +415 MANA: +300 ENDUR: +300
    SV FIRE: +19 SV DISEASE: +19 SV COLD: +19 SV MAGIC: +19 SV POISON: +19
    Combat Effects: +3 Shielding: +1% Spell Shield: +1% Avoidance: +3 Accuracy: +3 Strikethrough: +2% DoT Shielding: +1% Attack: +13 Regeneration: +3 Mana Regeneration: +2 Damage Shield: +1 Clairvoyance: +2 Spell Damage: +1 Damage Shield Mitigation: +1 Heal Amount: +1
    WT: 0.1 Size: SMALL
    Class: PAL RNG SHD BRD BST
    Race: HEF
    Slot 1, Type 7 (General: Group)
    Slot 2, Type 9 (General: Dragon Points)

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=71961
    Last edited by thomenthechanter; 10-31-2008, 06:12 PM. Reason: (Apparently slipped with the mouse and didn't get the rest of details like class/race/augslots..)
    Thomen Feadannareil (85 HUM ENC)
    Expert Artisan And Grandmaster Scrounger of Firiona Vie
    Alchemy* 242, Baking 336, Blacksmithing 345, Brewing 336, Fletching 291, Jewelcraft 345, Pottery 345, Research 291, Tailoring 345, Tinkering 243**
    * Available upon request from an anonymous shaman.
    ** Subcontracted through Maolgann of Ak'Anon (83 GNM MAG)

Comment

The elegant charm does indeed get better, but not just with elegant armor. It gets the max benefit with a full suit of elegant + sublime, but it also gets a lesser benefit from a partial suit, or from exalted augs. Not sure if gets any benefit from elaborate/eminent level pieces, though.
      Sir KyrosKrane Sylvanblade
      Master Artisan (300 + GM Trophy in all) of Luclin (Veeshan)
      Master Fisherman (200) and possibly Drunk (2xx + 20%), not sober enough to tell!
      Lightbringer, Redeemer, and Valiant servant of Erollisi Marr

Comment

Definitely the Elegant Charm

Mod2s and heroic stats in the Elegant Charm make up for a little lost AC and resists.

Stats on maxed Artisan Charm:
        AC 30, HME 225, Stats 25, Resists 20

Stats on maxed Elegant Charm:
        AC 30, HME 300+, Stats 9 or 18+, Resists 19, Mod2s

Stats on (guessing) 7/8 Elegant Charm:
        AC 27, HME 270+, Stats 7 or 15+, Resists 16, Mod2s

You can equip the Wanderlust and Slipgear Augments in both of them for:
        AC 22, HME 125, Stats 33, Resist 22
        Last edited by Shadrok; 11-02-2008, 05:04 AM.
        Trophies: Fr-2 Jour-4 Exp-8 Mast-6 GM-29

Comment

Working...
        X