Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Melee Research

Same issues:
    - My guildmaster trained my level 52 mnk and 52 warrior to 52 research.
    - My monk cannot use the Spell Research Kit, "Your class cannot do tradeskills in ths container".

Research wasn't listed as a skill until I spoke with my guildmaster.
    It is currently 52/300 (No AAs required).
    Trophies: Fr-2 Jour-4 Exp-8 Mast-6 GM-29

Tome Binding Kit

Tested with my monk. Made 5 vials of pure water and 1 research skill.

Comment

Trophy quest for melee research

Is there one? If not, wonder if it's on the radar screen. I'm a tradeskill junky, my warrior is at 2100....not afraid of pushing on to 300 in melee research, but don't wanna go full bore if I can evolve a trophy at the same time.

Comment

You make Melee Tome's in the - TOME BINDING KIT - bought off the research vendor - not the same vendor that sells the Spell Research Kit

Comment

I am pretty sure Ngreth said there is no melee research tomes at this time and may not be in future.

It would require a whole new quest and from a lore point of view, nobody else is really as good at research as int casters.
          Master Artisan Taadieri
          Sanctus Arcanum - Drinal (formerly Tarew Marr)

Comment

Skilling Up

Guildmaster training > your level
            Crescent Reach newbie research > 54
            Oil of Vitrol > 102 (I stocked Sulfur and Saltpeter in preparation)
            Fine Runic Papyrus Solution > 120
            Parchment Solution > 144
            Fine Parchment Solution > 174
            Vellum Parchment Solution > 203
            Fine Vellum Parchment Solution > 216
            Runic Parchment Solution (or better) > 243
            Last edited by Shadrok; 03-04-2009, 07:15 AM.

Comment

Trophy Quest

You can get the trophy quest. I did the quest with my bard, but the resulting trophy is only Int-caster usable, and thus useless. The melee should be able to do the beginner quest (Inks, quills, water, and cleanser), but why bother?

I'm sure that the higher level quests will not be doable, as they'll require things the melee cannot make.

Comment

celestial cleanser
                parchment/paper
                solution
                tome cover supplies

combine these to create manuals. then use the manuals like the cleaned parchments.

i did the solutions to 243. same combines as the spell research.

Comment

I went to my guildmaster to see about training Research, and the first point gave me 75 skill (I'm level 75). So guess we can skip doing the skillup quest in TSS anyway.

Comment

That's odd... "tome: battle cry of the mastruq" is one of the researched zerk tomes, but is only 40pp or so to buy directly from a vendor.

Comment

News from another thread

In another thread, Ngreth announced that:
                      1. He will make the Geerlok usable by all.
                      2. He has already made the trophy usable by all, but he did so after the expansion went live, so it won't take affect until another patch.
                      3. Only the lowest level trophy quest is currently in reach of all classes (no mention of if/when he would change the other quests), so get the quest with a skill of 50-99. My warrior is already 165, so <pout>.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadrok View Post
                        In another thread, Ngreth announced that:
                        1. He will make the Geerlok usable by all.
                        2. He has already made the trophy usable by all, but he did so after the expansion went live, so it won't take affect until another patch.
                        3. Only the lowest level trophy quest is currently in reach of all classes (no mention of if/when he would change the other quests), so get the quest with a skill of 50-99. My warrior is already 165, so <pout>.
                        I don't recall any spells being required for the higher level trophies only the swatches used for making robes. If I am correct I'm sure it is just a matter of time before Ngreth marks the tome building kit as a combine container for the swatches making it possible for everyone with 100+ research to do the trophy quest. If I'm mistaken about no spells, then it may be a bit longer for Ngreth to come up with an equally challenging alternative and get the quest changed. I do belive Ngreth, in time, will do what needs to be done so everyone can do the quest.

Comment

Tome of Bellow of the Mastrug

Made it at skill 237, trivial 331.
                          Recipe posted to other forum; repeated here for your viewing pleasure. I think I'll wait for the Geerlok to be usable and get my last 6 solution skill points before I try more. Now to see how this puppy sells (I spent a ton of money training my warrior).
                          -------------------------------------
                          Quill of the Overlord
                          Ink of Innoruuk (x2)
                          Ink Additive of the Nameless
                          Impairing Thickener
                          Runic Parchment Manual
                          in a Tome Binding Kit (and probably Hybrid Research Kit, Song Writing Kit)

Trivial: 331

Comment

The hybrid research kit is sold by Nursa Rasumus in PoK. Also sells Prayer Writing Kit and Bard song kits as well as the tome kit.

Comment

More skilling up

Level 55 tomes - 170-172 trivial
                              56 tomes - 258
                              61 tomes - 298
                              65 tomes - 331

With a skill of 243 after solutions, the skill up path gets very slow, or even more expensive.

Comment

Working...
                              X