Returning Player - research question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Returning Player - research question

I'm an old player returning after a few years for the free trial going on right now. I've only been on a few days, but what I was stumped on last night is attempting research. I've put components together exactly as they should be but they do not combine. I remember that newer spells needed a quill and a parchment to work, but so far I've had no luck with any combination. Is spell research broken right now per chance?

I tried asking OOC or General chat but it is dead silent. Nobody knows what I am talking about. I can not find another researcher anywhere in game.

Can you post what spell/combine you are attempting?

Comment

What container?

If you're returning, make sure you've bought the new spell crafting container. The old ones don't work to combine the new recipes (don't have my chanter up or I'd name it, but it's sold from the research vendors.

Comment

Most of the old recipes are disabled. Do a search here to learn the new system. The new container is called a Spell Research Kit and is sold at pretty much every spell vendor.

Also On the main EQTraders page try the Search button and type in the name of the spell, the new recipe should come up (I'm pretty sure I read the database folks here are caught up on updating the spell recipes). If you find an old recipe, post again here and we can help.

Gorse

Comment

So the old recipes don't work anymore at all, and all my components are vendor fodder? I can see why new recipes come out, more new content the better, but I can't see why they would REPLACE the old recipes instead of just adding on to them. Old recipes DELETED? Whatever for?

Oh well, trial period is over anyway. Coming back to a nerf did not inspire me to re-sign up.

Comment

Originally posted by Drainage View Post
            So the old recipes don't work anymore at all, and all my components are vendor fodder? I can see why new recipes come out, more new content the better, but I can't see why they would REPLACE the old recipes instead of just adding on to them. Old recipes DELETED? Whatever for?

Oh well, trial period is over anyway. Coming back to a nerf did not inspire me to re-sign up.
            I wouldn't call it a nerf, but a well needed revamp.

Comment

I can see it being called a nerf by people who hoarded parts and liked to charge out the wazzu for them. It felt good to see the whining from the peeps selling single parts for RGC or KEI for 20K-50K each+.

Drainage, sorry you weren't "inspired" but the game will continue to change over time and expect more updates the next time you stop in.

Gorse

Comment

Working...
              X