Confused Returning Player

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Confused Returning Player

I have recently returned to EQ, and am admittedly confused with some of the Jewelry changes. I have read through all the posts here, and much of it was cleared up (I think). I would like to post a couple of things, to make sure I understand, and to have other things explained. I appreciate the input from all of you!

1. I understand there is some 'bug' right now, that makes it so the augments for jewelry do not show stats. I am not clear exactly how it is intended to work....i.e
    a. We should be able to combine the stones and trio settings and they are not supposed to become attuned to us..but instead attunable.

b. OR the augments should be showing the stats in bazaar, but clearly that will be difficult without taking in to consideration the metal used for the setting.

I guess I just don't understand HOW we are supposed to be able to display these for sale, and have our customers know what the stats will be. (when it is working as intended)

--------------

Second, and this one is harder for me to explain.. So I will use cultural armor as an example (since that is working and I understand it)

With Cultural armor, players buy upgraded Armor and augments according to level, and buy the best augments they can afford..often later buying new augments and replacing the old as they level.

If I am understanding the new jewelry, then we will end up with a big GLUT of cut stones on the market.

I could create an alt and buy the BEST 3 stones right at the start. I could place them in a silver ring. As I leveled I could just keep buying new rings. I could use the same three stones all the way up to 80.

Wouldn't it be better if they were not augments? If the stones had to be combined into the settings in a jewelers bag? Players could still ask jewelers to make them 'custom' rings..using the gems of their choice, however they could not keep re-using the stones as augments over and over.

This would get rid of the bug of jewelry augments not showing stats. It would allow us to have actual pieces of jewelry for sale in bazaar. The players would know what they are buying ahead of time.

Where is it that I am misunderstanding the system? How is the current system designed to make sure we will always have a market for the cut stones?

I think I am really missing the big picture or something.

1. Because the new JC runs on a script to determine the stats of the items based on the type of metal used, it is like a charm in that a link of it does not show the stats because the stats vary not only by level but also by metal.

It is not so much a bug, but a limitation of the current item code.

The best way to inform your buyers is tell them the stats and recommend to them sites and links that will prove to them you are reliable and not trying to scam them.

As to your 2nd point, I think the idea is they like interchangable parts on crafted items.

I do not think the intent of the JC revamp was to create a market for cut stones. I think it was to reevaluate the skill up path and to add some new jewelry items that would be worthwhile to the playerbase. Jewelry in its previous form made very few items that many wanted. I cannot say though why Ngreth revamped jewelry this way.

I guess the question remains, is it better for the game to have jewelrycraft set to where you only need to buy/create 3 gems and upgrade the metal as you level your character or be forced to recreate the entire piece of jewelry from scratch over and over.

With your alternative, no one would waste a high end gem (like Taaffeite) in a silver setting.
    Shawlweaver Sphynx on Cazic Thule
    Master Artisan Aldier on Cazic Thule

Comment

Under the old method, no one would buy a piece of harmonagate or taaffeite jewlery until level 65 when they could wear it. Under the new method, they can buy and use the stones at level 1. So you are stll selling the same thing, but now you can sell it to more characters. It is true that they will no longer need to buy the lower level jewlery (velium/palladium fire opal rings), so we did lose that market, but in exchange we get to sell electrum, gold, platinum, velium, palladium and dwerium versions of the base jewelry to characters as they level.

Comment

Working...
      X