Todays Patch-- Metals to drop in proper content now

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dendail View Post
    these items dropping in tier 3 zones where most players that need the items can't group there unless you get some players that don't need the stuff, to invite you which is highly unlikely to happen since they pretty much stay with thier own gear levels is pretty sad to me these items should be available to players that need the items to be able to group there without having to beg one of these highly geared player to come
    These items need to drop from content that is comparable to the quality of the gear they create. This armor is supposed to be equal to Tier 3 armor, so that is where they are putting it.
    Shawlweaver Sphynx on Cazic Thule
    Master Artisan Aldier on Cazic Thule

Comment

I know that Loping and Dragonscale are tier 1.
      Bloodmoon, Fort Mech, Hills O Shade are tier 2.
      I'd assume that instances derived from tier 1/2 zones are themselves tier 1/2 zones.

Are all other zones tier 3/4? e.g. Are both Gyrospire B and Z tier 3? Neither? It's useful to know where it is sensible to expect loam/marrow/spinners for level 80 armor to drop.

Comment

The Guardian is a tier 2 instance in a tier 1 zone, I don't know about other instances. Beza is tier 2, Zeka is tier 3 (though I am not clear if the changes have gone in yet that will make the steamworks in Zeka drop components from the Humanoid table).
        You can actually figure out what tier a zone is by looking at the loot that drops there on Allakhazam.
        Tier 1 loot is req 65
        Tier 2 loot is req 75
        Tier 3 loot is req 80
        Crystallos is the only tier 4 zone

Comment

Tier 3 zones are only:
          SHIP Workshop
          Meldrath's Majestic Mansion
          The Steam Factory

That's it.

Comment

Originally posted by Wyvernwill View Post
            Tier 3 zones are only:
            SHIP Workshop
            Meldrath's Majestic Mansion
            The Steam Factory

That's it.
            Also Zeka is a tier 3 zone. Problem is, and ngerth has stated, that no mobs in zeka are currently humonoids, and its something they are looking into.

Comment

Yes. Zeka is definitely Teir 3.
              Ngreth Thergn

Ngreth nice Ogre. Ngreth not eat you. Well.... Ngreth not eat you if you still wiggle!
              Grandmaster Smith 250
              Master Tailor 200
              Ogres not dumb - we not lose entire city to froggies

Comment

With this latest patch (on 12Dec2007), I have noticed a large discrepancy in a few zones with the drop rates of the metals and loams.

Specifically, hunting in Droga at 61ish, killing dark blue to even con mobs, pre patch, the goblins dropped one of the varying tradeskill items about one in three mobs, with most dropping multiple pieces. The last two nights, after the patch, the drop rate on mobs is closer to one in five, with only one or two mobs dropping multiple items.

I realize this is a small sample size, in that we probably only killed (2 hours = 6 20 minute rotations times 9 to 10 mobs per rotation) 54 to 60 mobs each night.

Also, the ore drops in The Deep seem to be less... although I was only there for an hour or so, so it's hard to tell if that was just bad luck or not.

I will check tonight in Droga and keep a little better track.
                Mondrivun
                Enchanter of 7th Cavalry
                Bristlebane

Being level 80 with a gazillion AAs, Group Leadership Abilities, and Raid Leadership abilities is not THE ultimate part of the game. It may be YOUR ultimate part of the game, but it is not MY ultimate part.

Comment

Aye I never see Akalai drop even in Stem Factory never see it drop and thats Teir 3 . Right nowI have no idea where to try to get them . Drops in Thalius Katta missions seem to have been nerfed as I have taken groups in there several times with no Loam and I have a guildy that 5boxees who hasnt had any drop in Thalius missions since the last couple of patches.

I See alot of Exquisite Silk and pelts but unless you dont need the gear because your in a top end raiding guild you have to get real lucky or shell out 450k + to those High end raiders that dont need it to make a single piece of Armor with Symbol.

I dont want the stuff to drop like candy and Im not against the rich; I myself play most everyday with over 2100 AA and could have joined that uba raiding guild a long time ago but have stayed loyal to my guild.

Im beginning to feel it would have been best if they simply didnt make Elegant with Sublime so uba because then they wouldnt have had to make the drops so freaking rare that your ready to pull your hair out hopeing to get a few.

Comment

Porous Loam, and Exquisite Marrow/Fluid are dropping in Steam Factory still. I saw a few of them over the weekend. As for the Alkalai Loams, etc try hitting Loping Plains and Dragonscale. Between the two I have gotten a healthy supply of the Exalted level drops.

Comment

Originally posted by drhoads View Post
                      Aye I never see Akalai drop even in Stem Factory never see it drop and thats Teir 3 . Right nowI have no idea where to try to get them . Drops in Thalius Katta missions seem to have been nerfed as I have taken groups in there several times with no Loam and I have a guildy that 5boxees who hasnt had any drop in Thalius missions since the last couple of patches.
                      That is because porous loam is the main drop in T3, not Alkalai.

Alkalai may now be too rare, and will be evaluated. But there really were already hundreds of the items made with the alkalai out on many servers... It may have been skewed due to that bad drop time when there was a code bug, but we felt we needed to do something about it, and it may now be too rare.

The concern still is the mass amount of available NPC's to get it from. There are tens of thousands of NPC's that can drop it, and if we make it too common it will be well... too common.
                      Ngreth Thergn

Ngreth nice Ogre. Ngreth not eat you. Well.... Ngreth not eat you if you still wiggle!
                      Grandmaster Smith 250
                      Master Tailor 200
                      Ogres not dumb - we not lose entire city to froggies

Comment

Loping Plains drops for Exalted level gear seem perfectly fine to me. I can box up alkalai loams, superb marrows, and flawless spinners pretty easily from Loping Plains mobs.

Note however that Wereorcs do not seem to ever drop TS stuff for me. No ores, no loams, no silks, no marrows, etc. so try mobs other than Wereorcs. Besides, the fewer people hunting the orcs the better the zone is for everyone in it due to the horrendous lag spikes caused by those orcs.

Comment

Working...
                        X