Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Todays Patch-- Metals to drop in proper content now

Visitor

Todays Patch-- Metals to drop in proper content now

*** Tradeskills ***

- Cultural metal drops have been adjusted to drop in the proper content now.

This is the message. Was just curious if anyone knew more about this. My guess is it means they removed Porous Loam drops from Thallasius and Zhizsa but i dont know. Is Porous Loam a metal? Or is this ores only? Any info would be great.

Contributor
    Tin Ore and Ruined Animal Pelts were dropping from higher level mobs, in particular NPC's out of Beza/Zeka. Maybe some other places too but I remember seeing it for certain there.

Also had a couple Ruined Animal Pelts drop in Fortress Mechanotus, I wasn't aware it was a widespread issue until I saw the patch notes.

Visitor
    Well this being about metals im guessing has nothing to do with the ruined animal pelts which had a line in the patch message of its on. I ran 2 and a half Thallasius missions before my eq time was up tonight and got 0 level 80 drops as oppose to at least 10 (silks,ore,pelts included in those 10 drops)per clearing before the patch.

anyone else confirm weather porous loam still drops in either of these zones since patch?

Apprentice Trader
    Metals where dropping 1 "rank" higher than they should have in a number of places.
    --
    I am not the Yakatizma you are looking for.
    No, really.

Visitor
    Aye that is why im guessing on Thall and Zhisa. Although there are golems in zhisa that are higher level.

Contributor

Was wondering why i got a few ruin pelts in katta off 78/79 mobs. I just thought it was a joke =)

Andarriel

House Ogre
    SOE-DEV
    there was a separate line in the patch message about the tin and ruined pelt.

this was the fact that there was a bit of a mess in the table where some thigns were dropping of the wrong tables.

And then yet another message where everything was shifted by one table, and that also got corrected.

Basically the metal tables were a mess and got corrected.
    Ngreth Thergn

Ngreth nice Ogre. Ngreth not eat you. Well.... Ngreth not eat you if you still wiggle!
    Grandmaster Smith 250
    Master Tailor 200
    Ogres not dumb - we not lose entire city to froggies

Visitor
    Does that mean loam are non existant in tbs now Ngreth?

Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Valyant View Post
    Does that mean loam are non existant in tbs now Ngreth?
    and/or TSS? i've been able to get decent smithing stuff off those golems in icefall in the recent past.

Visitor
    Well i cant say its official but..... 8 hours doing zhisa and 0 level 80 drops now. No loams, heck not even any ores anymore. Im sure Thallasius will be the same since its lower level.

House Ogre
    SOE-DEV
    It will certainly be rarer. But it does exist.

Getting the level 80 loam outside of the T3 and T4 SoF zones will be exceedingly rare.
    Ngreth Thergn

Ngreth nice Ogre. Ngreth not eat you. Well.... Ngreth not eat you if you still wiggle!
    Grandmaster Smith 250
    Master Tailor 200

Visitor
    Thanks Ng. Its definately going to make loams more rare than they were for sure. At least i know not to keep trying there now though lol.

Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Ngreth Thergn View Post
    It will certainly be rarer. But it does exist.

Getting the level 80 loam outside of the T3 and T4 SoF zones will be exceedingly rare.
    Does this statement apply to fluids and marrows as well?
    Wynar Bottelar
    80 Erudite Enchanter on Prexus:
    Salvage 3
    300 Tailor w/ Max Trophy (+M2)
    300 Baking / Brewing (L6 Trophy)
    269 Fletching / 261 Pottery (L5 Trophy)
    276 Smithing (+M2) (L5 Trophy)
    261 Research (+M3) (L5 Trophy)
    287 Jewelcraft (L5 Trophy)
    Owner of a 300 Tinker Toy(tm) set w/ L6 Trophy

Visitor

catering to high geared

these items dropping in tier 3 zones where most players that need the items can't group there unless you get some players that don't need the stuff, to invite you which is highly unlikely to happen since they pretty much stay with thier own gear levels is pretty sad to me these items should be available to players that need the items to be able to group there without having to beg one of these highly geared player to come

Quote Originally Posted by dendail View Post
    these items dropping in tier 3 zones where most players that need the items can't group there unless you get some players that don't need the stuff, to invite you which is highly unlikely to happen since they pretty much stay with thier own gear levels is pretty sad to me these items should be available to players that need the items to be able to group there without having to beg one of these highly geared player to come
    These items need to drop from content that is comparable to the quality of the gear they create. This armor is supposed to be equal to Tier 3 armor, so that is where they are putting it.
    Shawlweaver Sphynx on Cazic Thule
    Master Artisan Aldier on Cazic Thule

Contributor
    I know that Loping and Dragonscale are tier 1.
    Bloodmoon, Fort Mech, Hills O Shade are tier 2.
    I'd assume that instances derived from tier 1/2 zones are themselves tier 1/2 zones.

Are all other zones tier 3/4? e.g. Are both Gyrospire B and Z tier 3? Neither? It's useful to know where it is sensible to expect loam/marrow/spinners for level 80 armor to drop.

Expert Trader
    The Guardian is a tier 2 instance in a tier 1 zone, I don't know about other instances. Beza is tier 2, Zeka is tier 3 (though I am not clear if the changes have gone in yet that will make the steamworks in Zeka drop components from the Humanoid table).
    You can actually figure out what tier a zone is by looking at the loot that drops there on Allakhazam.
    Tier 1 loot is req 65
    Tier 2 loot is req 75
    Tier 3 loot is req 80
    Crystallos is the only tier 4 zone

Expert Trader
    Tier 3 zones are only:
    SHIP Workshop
    Meldrath's Majestic Mansion
    The Steam Factory

That's it.

Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyvernwill View Post
    Tier 3 zones are only:
    SHIP Workshop
    Meldrath's Majestic Mansion
    The Steam Factory

That's it.
    Also Zeka is a tier 3 zone. Problem is, and ngerth has stated, that no mobs in zeka are currently humonoids, and its something they are looking into.

House Ogre
    SOE-DEV
    Yes. Zeka is definitely Teir 3.
    Ngreth Thergn

Grandmaster Smith 250
    Master Tailor 200

Visitor
    With this latest patch (on 12Dec2007), I have noticed a large discrepancy in a few zones with the drop rates of the metals and loams.

Specifically, hunting in Droga at 61ish, killing dark blue to even con mobs, pre patch, the goblins dropped one of the varying tradeskill items about one in three mobs, with most dropping multiple pieces. The last two nights, after the patch, the drop rate on mobs is closer to one in five, with only one or two mobs dropping multiple items.

I realize this is a small sample size, in that we probably only killed (2 hours = 6 20 minute rotations times 9 to 10 mobs per rotation) 54 to 60 mobs each night.

Also, the ore drops in The Deep seem to be less... although I was only there for an hour or so, so it's hard to tell if that was just bad luck or not.

I will check tonight in Droga and keep a little better track.
    Mondrivun
    Enchanter of 7th Cavalry
    Bristlebane

Being level 80 with a gazillion AAs, Group Leadership Abilities, and Raid Leadership abilities is not THE ultimate part of the game. It may be YOUR ultimate part of the game, but it is not MY ultimate part.

Visitor
    Aye I never see Akalai drop even in Stem Factory never see it drop and thats Teir 3 . Right nowI have no idea where to try to get them . Drops in Thalius Katta missions seem to have been nerfed as I have taken groups in there several times with no Loam and I have a guildy that 5boxees who hasnt had any drop in Thalius missions since the last couple of patches.

I See alot of Exquisite Silk and pelts but unless you dont need the gear because your in a top end raiding guild you have to get real lucky or shell out 450k + to those High end raiders that dont need it to make a single piece of Armor with Symbol.

I dont want the stuff to drop like candy and Im not against the rich; I myself play most everyday with over 2100 AA and could have joined that uba raiding guild a long time ago but have stayed loyal to my guild.

Im beginning to feel it would have been best if they simply didnt make Elegant with Sublime so uba because then they wouldnt have had to make the drops so freaking rare that your ready to pull your hair out hopeing to get a few.

Expert Trader
    Porous Loam, and Exquisite Marrow/Fluid are dropping in Steam Factory still. I saw a few of them over the weekend. As for the Alkalai Loams, etc try hitting Loping Plains and Dragonscale. Between the two I have gotten a healthy supply of the Exalted level drops.

House Ogre
    SOE-DEV
    Quote Originally Posted by drhoads View Post
    Aye I never see Akalai drop even in Stem Factory never see it drop and thats Teir 3 . Right nowI have no idea where to try to get them . Drops in Thalius Katta missions seem to have been nerfed as I have taken groups in there several times with no Loam and I have a guildy that 5boxees who hasnt had any drop in Thalius missions since the last couple of patches.
    That is because porous loam is the main drop in T3, not Alkalai.

Alkalai may now be too rare, and will be evaluated. But there really were already hundreds of the items made with the alkalai out on many servers... It may have been skewed due to that bad drop time when there was a code bug, but we felt we needed to do something about it, and it may now be too rare.

The concern still is the mass amount of available NPC's to get it from. There are tens of thousands of NPC's that can drop it, and if we make it too common it will be well... too common.
    Ngreth Thergn

Grandmaster Smith 250
    Master Tailor 200