New Jewel Crafting Skillups broken?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Jewel Crafting Skillups broken?

I have done roughly 200 combines of various new jc combinds (e.g. dwerium trio earrings, rings, veils, pendants, bracers, cut nihilites, cut new gems). The majority of the combines were above my skill (273 unmodified), but I have yet to get a single skillup. I know the RNG hates me, but I did about 100 platinum diamond and blue diamonds just the other day and got 6 skill ups.

Has anyone gotten at least one skillup with these combines?

I have picked up a number of skill-ups on cutting rubellite and shimmering nihilite recently. Skill-up rate for me seemed good.

I haven't made any jewelry that was above my skill lately since my enchanter is only level 51 though. (can't find any scale ore to even try that far)

My condolences on your poor luck. Hope it will change soon.

Comment

I was hoping that it was a bug (its happened before) and not rotten luck. Oh well, I knew the RNG hated me.

Comment

im having the same trouble.......not one single skill up in jc or alchemy and the trophy has been sitting on 0% since the patch.Skillup maybe a little slow but i always thought the trophy gave a little incentive and it would move 1-2% in a combine session.Is there a known bug about this ?

sparkthefire

Comment

I assume that your trophy was equipped and active.

What were you trying to combine? What is your skill? How many combines did you do? What zone did you do them in?

There are some issues with script data getting loaded into an instanced zone (thought, it only happens rarely), so if you were in the Guild Hall, that could be an issue.

Comment

The 0% is a clue as well. What level is your trophy? Did it evolve before your skill got to its matching level?
            Sir KyrosKrane Sylvanblade
            Master Artisan (300 + GM Trophy in all) of Luclin (Veeshan)
            Master Fisherman (200) and possibly Drunk (2xx + 20%), not sober enough to tell!
            Lightbringer, Redeemer, and Valiant servant of Erollisi Marr

Comment

On my chanter im currently unmod with 284 triv..mod at 318..trophy is 6/7- 0%.It evolved just before the new expansion .I remember this cause i was excited about it YAY!!....ok ok small things amuse...we all know the saying hehehehehe .My combines have been in pok or guild hall usually.Making silver conduit pieces which start at around 316 (gloves...boots, leggings, shirts etc) i also had some prestidigitase that i cut with no problems...but still no skill up.

Even thought it may be a ui problem so went back to default....didnt change anything.
              i know how the skill up works etc but it just seemed to stop for me once this new expansion came out....same goes with alchemy...ive tried all sorts of combines.I had no problem skillling up trophy with the nodding blue lillies but i seem to have reached a brickwall as well.i dont have toon in atm but im pretty much the same triv in alchemy on my sham.(always do alchemy in pok)

Appreciate all the advice u guys offer.I would like to fix this. and a BIG thank u in advance.

sparkthefire
              Last edited by sparkthefire; 12-11-2007, 06:46 AM.

Comment

trophy will sit at 0% until you reach level 300. then it will start leveling again. Guildhall is notorious for having skill up issues. it is an instanced zone and some scripts get wonky there. a few people on a couple sersvers reported they were having problems with skilling up in POK, have you tried somewhere like CR or Ab Sea? those have all the supplies also, and no one has reported having problems there.

Alliance Artisan
                Proud owner of Artisan's Prize.

Comment

What am I doing wrong?

Besides probably posting in the wrong place?

As of 12/11, I still can't work with nihilite. When i try to do the posted combine to turn raw "stuff" into the other, I get a message that "I don't have the knowledge to work with this material." My jc skill is at 312 so a trivial of 15 should not be a problem. This is the first time I'm trying to bring my chanter up to speed on the new jc stuff so be gentle with me. I can cut the stones now.

Please some direction for me?

Meindkandy
                  65 Enchanter

Comment

You need to do a quest in Abysmal sea (given out by one of the JC vendors) to learn how to refine nihilite (commonly referred to as the free skill up quest).

Comment

The alternative to doing the mundane tasks in Absymal Sea is that you can hand the raw nihilite to the NPC that provides the quests and they will return you 2 of the refined version.

Once you complete the task and learn how to refine the item, your initial refinements will only yield you 1. Eventually, as you do the combine more and more, it goes to 1 or 2, then 2, then 2 or 3, then 3 all the time. This is after several hundred refining combines, if I remember correctly. The turn in always results in 2. It is your choice on which way to go.
                      Shawlweaver Sphynx on Cazic Thule
                      Master Artisan Aldier on Cazic Thule

Comment

If I remember correctly, at the time the break even point was adjusted to about 200 combines before manual refining broke even with just doing the turn in. So if you think you'll do more than 200 turn-ins, do the quest, if not, just hand them in. (My search didn't turn up the appropriate thread, so if anyone has some link loven', much appreciated)
                        I call for the elimination of EQ levels 1-50.

Comment

Accccckkkk!!

I did the skill up quest. I also gave the npc 5 amber nihlites and 4 crimson nihilites. She took them all, thanked me and gave me nothing back. And the combine STILL doesn't work.

Meindkandy
                          65 Chanter (crying real tears now)

Comment

Originally posted by widowb View Post
                            I did the skill up quest. I also gave the npc 5 amber nihlites and 4 crimson nihilites. She took them all, thanked me and gave me nothing back. And the combine STILL doesn't work.

Meindkandy
                            65 Chanter (crying real tears now)
                            um. that should not be happening. Who is "she" and I will make sure the NPC returns things it does not need. The exchange is not real "wordy" so be sure to check your inventory as it appears in your bags and not in your hand.
                            Ngreth Thergn

Ngreth nice Ogre. Ngreth not eat you. Well.... Ngreth not eat you if you still wiggle!
                            Grandmaster Smith 250
                            Master Tailor 200
                            Ogres not dumb - we not lose entire city to froggies

Comment

Skillups, failures, and frustration

Neysia Morningbloom was the npc. And I did double/triple check my inventory. Nada.

I also did the freebie skill up quest. Turned in approximately 250 of step one. Redid the request for quest at least twice, and she still won't even let me past step 1. (simple clasp)

Meindkandy
                              65 SAD SAD chanter
                              It was sooooooooooo hard getting those drops from bad bad places.

Comment

Working...
                              X